Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Seasoned Veteran Porzingis Outplay Rookie Lively?
(06-07-2024, 03:11 AM)audiosway Wrote: Just game 1 and he came out and got hot quick. They took him away after the first quarter. Really when you look at game 1 and take away the 17 points that Dallas allowed them to get ahead quick in the first quarter and it's a 1 point loss. I toss a lot of that first quarter up to jitters from the young guys, Ky didn't play well at all, KP hit a couple of easy shots and got hot, etc. 

Kidd started finding some stuff that was working well after halftime to build on. They have some things to clean up for sure. Kidd never wins game 1 outside of the Minny series. Dallas was down 31 to the Clippers in game 1 and 25 to OKC in game 1. It is what it is. Not to worry.

Lively will actually fair well against KP I think. They need to change the rotations to make sure that they can get PJ back to the corner 3 instead of the top of the key. Get some easy looks for the role players to get them comfortable and get some assists going. The ball was stagnate too much tonight.

I agree with some of this, but you're forgetting that KP is a much better shooter than Lively. KP can make shots from the elbow, from 3, and he can put it on the floor to drive to the hoop. Lively is dependent on someone else setting him up for dives and lobs to the rim. Same with Gafford. Neither can create they're own shot. KP can. Dallas has to find a way to get them involved if Boston keeps taking away the corner 3's. I'm sure Kidd will come up with a new wrinkle.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will Seasoned Veteran Porzingis Outplay Rookie Lively? - by HoosierDaddyKid - 06-08-2024, 05:48 PM