Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Seasoned Veteran Porzingis Outplay Rookie Lively?
(06-07-2024, 06:19 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Yeah, that is encouraging information for me, because I was unable to watch both of those game ones. So, this was the first real heartbreak I have experienced in this postseason. Knowing that they were down to the clippers by 31 at some point in any game of that that series… that helps.

Dallas vs OKC game 1 was OKC 117 - Dallas 95. Much worse than Game 1 of the Finals. I expected this for game 1. Especially, with guys that had never played in the finals. Boston had something to prove.

KP will not be great in game 2 like he was in game 1. Dallas pretty well had him contained the rest of the way as far as scoring. There were some shotty ref calls and a couple of travel calls that blew the momentum they had built. They tried to launch a comeback but they never recovered from that punch in the mouth in the first quarter.

I've said this a couple of times that although it looked so dominant by Boston it was just the first quarter. That game was over when the 2nd started. That little KP run did them in. He never plays great games back to back. I also expect to see a lot of physical bumping with him trying to rough him up on picks and general movement. He can't take that for long. He will either wear down or get frustrated and start making mistakes. Take away that 17 point lead from the first and it's a 1 point game.

Mavs will win game 2. Ky has to play better. It's going to be a tough series for him. Jrue is a great defender. White is very good. KY just needs to get his mind calmed so he's not missing open shots. Look for more movement from the Mavs to start getting guys away from 1 on 1 and Luka to start trying to force double teams by driving the lane continually through the pick and roll. That's what will open up the offense again.
Legler: "If Luka wins this year, against a healthy Celtics team, at his age, the league is in trouble."
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will Seasoned Veteran Porzingis Outplay Rookie Lively? - by audiosway - 06-08-2024, 03:40 PM