Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Seasoned Veteran Porzingis Outplay Rookie Lively?
(06-05-2024, 07:19 PM)audiosway Wrote: I agree that I want to run at KP hard. Get physical with him. He usually wilts under that. He's too small and will get frustrated.

Several Celtics people and Jason Timpf are predicting that Porzingis and Horford will be matched up with PJ Washington, maybe not to start in game 1, but pretty quickly. Apparently, that's their go-to strategy to get around the 1-5 pick and roll. The idea is to force Dallas to run that action with Washington with a big (guarded by Tatum) in the dunker spot. 

The key is: Can PJ hit the dozens of open threes Boston is going to concede to him? If not, Luka will be driving into a 2 on 2 (with Boston's two longest defenders) rather than a 2 on 1. 

On the other hand, if/when Kleber is in at the 5, then I expect either Porzingis or Horford WILL guard him. If not, they're letting PJ get downhill against Porzingis.. Not ideal for Dallas, but far, far less ideal for Porzingis, imho.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will Seasoned Veteran Porzingis Outplay Rookie Lively? - by KillerLeft - 06-05-2024, 07:34 PM