Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Seasoned Veteran Porzingis Outplay Rookie Lively?
(06-05-2024, 07:14 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I can think of 10 keys to what might decide the series, but I think KP and Lively is one of the biggest ones.  KP has been great in Boston this year.  He has fit in and has really morphed his game to make that team unstoppable at times.   

With that being said, I want to really test him.    Especially coming off injury.  I hope we don't bleed with the Gafford minutes.  Just 3-4 minute runs.    Probably between 18-20 minutes per game.  I want him to be forceful in those minutes though.  Hopefully we don't get bombed with threes in his minutes.  It will be a challenge though.  It is with Lively that we will need to make our runs.  I want to attack Porzingis when we are on defense and Lively needs to make it really tough for the Celtics when a wing or guard is on him.   

I think stat wise Lively will probably be outpaced by Porzingis, but can Lively do all those winning things that he does to help out the Mavs?  If the Celtics get the KP they had during the regular season, I am just not sure the Mavs are beating this team. 

Again, there are probably 10 other keys to the series, but this is a big one.

I agree that I want to run at KP hard. Get physical with him. He usually wilts under that. He's too small and will get frustrated.
Legler: "If Luka wins this year, against a healthy Celtics team, at his age, the league is in trouble."
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will Seasoned Veteran Porzingis Outplay Rookie Lively? - by audiosway - 06-05-2024, 07:19 PM