Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Seasoned Veteran Porzingis Outplay Rookie Lively?
(06-05-2024, 09:54 AM)Winter Wrote: Sounds a little like confirmation bias, no? It's meaningful if it's Lively, but otherwise not so meaningful? I understand that thinking though. I do the same thing with that stat. 

The +/- minus might be more relevant here in this case since we are talking about playing the same opponent for several games. The personnel and matchups may be the same and we may get to witness how it changes with game-by-game adjustments.

Well I don't pay attention to plus minus on other teams so the Mavs are really all I have to go off. I see a lot of our box scores where Luka will have a bad plus minus. Sometimes they make sense and sometimes they don't. A lot of role players plus minus just depends on if they are in with Luka and Kyrie together or just one of them or maybe a short spell without either. Lively consistently has a high positive plus minus and to my eyes, he makes a significant impact when he plays. That's all I'm really saying. There's just too many variables imo for it to be a end all be all stat.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will Seasoned Veteran Porzingis Outplay Rookie Lively? - by BigDirk41 - 06-05-2024, 01:10 PM