Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: PHX Wants Lebron+Bronny| Jazz to Shop Collins
I am worried that after fantasizing about the Mavs FO getting Grimes, Jerami, Grayson, Sims, etc at the deadline... Cuban and Nico might end up with PJ Tucker and nobody else. Who knows? They might choose to double down on another under-sized, thickset, defensive PF since G-Will isn't working out properly. Kind of like when Cuban went through his "it's a small guard's league" phase, and only went after guards who were 5'11-6'1".   

Undecided
Like Reply
(01-17-2024, 01:58 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Oh look UFA Hartenstein´s wife was born and raised in Texas, lived in Dallas for years and is expecting her first child. If only there was a home team in need of a big. Confused

Its a real shame we only had the tax MLE when he was available.  If he keeps playing like he is now, he will probably be out of our price range again, and we would have to forgo DJJ if he's not.
Like Reply
Siakam discussion is over. Indy completed the trade

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/17477...48761?s=20
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-17-2024, 01:35 PM)OBX Maverick Wrote: Like I mentioned here a couple months back…my best friend ran into PJW in Charlotte after a game. PJ implied that he almost ended up in Dallas. Maybe we’re closer to him than we think!

I’d love it so much.
Like Reply
Bruce Brown, Nwora, 2024 picks and 2026 pick and Kyra Lewis from New Orleans
Like Reply
And just like that, Siakam is excited for an opportunity to resign with the team that traded for him. I wonder why...
[-] The following 3 users Like omahen's post:
  • KillerLeft, Mavs2021, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(01-17-2024, 02:40 PM)omahen Wrote: And just like that, Siakam is excited for an opportunity to resign with the team that traded for him. I wonder why...

I know your hopes were up for this. I am genuinely sorry for your loss.
Like Reply
(01-16-2024, 06:01 PM)Winter Wrote: Given what Cuban has said - someone over 6'8" who can dribble and rebound - we may very well be talking about a big man who can be played at C or PF. That's probably not Gafford since I don't see him as an optimal PF. He has played that position before, but that's a weird fit.

I see someone more like Isaiah Stewart or Wendall Carter as being better targets.

To play Devil's advocate... he could also be talking about Otto Porter Jr., lol, who knows?

Otto is 6'8", can dribble and rebound... that description isn't exactly setting a high bar. Otto might also soon be available if he is cut from a Raptors team that just did a 3-for-1 deal for Siakam.

Confused
Like Reply
(01-17-2024, 02:56 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I know your hopes were up for this. I am genuinely sorry for your loss.

I am destroyed.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(01-17-2024, 03:05 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I am destroyed.

Are you serious, or making a joke?
Like Reply
(01-17-2024, 02:56 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I know your hopes were up for this. I am genuinely sorry for your loss.

No worries. I just hope they make a right move and would rather wait till summer than do something mediocre now
[-] The following 2 users Like omahen's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Any interest in bruce brown?

Mavs: Brown and WCjr

Magic: THJ

Raps: Josh Green and Holmes
Like Reply

The OG trade hurt me more.
Like Reply
(01-17-2024, 03:31 PM)mvossman Wrote: The OG trade hurt me more.

I can understand how this one might sting some folks more, given the reports of overt Mavs interest.
Like Reply
(01-17-2024, 03:31 PM)mvossman Wrote: The OG trade hurt me more.

*pat, pat*
Like Reply
Pacers loaded at the 4 now. A Jalen Dmith for Powell swap make sense for both teams?
Like Reply
(01-17-2024, 03:27 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Any interest in bruce brown?

Mavs: Brown and WCjr

Magic: THJ

Raps: Josh Green and

https://x.com/LegionHoops/status/1747708...74990?s=20

Saying Bruce may be a prime candidate to be re-routed.   I wonder what contenders will be willing to give up.  Has a large salary this year, so matching could be tough.  But is unguaranteed next year.   Could a team offer a expiring plus first for him?  Probably wouldn't except for the pick hoarding teams who have picks galore.
Like Reply
(01-17-2024, 03:44 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: https://x.com/LegionHoops/status/1747708...74990?s=20

Saying Bruce may be a prime candidate to be re-routed.   I wonder what contenders will be willing to give up.  Has a large salary this year, so matching could be tough.  But is unguaranteed next year.   Could a team offer a expiring plus first for him?  Probably wouldn't except for the pick hoarding teams who have picks galore.

The highest and best use would be a second apron team that wants to move a salary off their books before next season but still end up with a reasonably useful player.  Brown for Wiggins as the core of a deal?

That would block path they now have to summer cap space (about $30mm). So, compensation plus the incoming player would need to be as good enough to compensate for sitting out the free agent class this summer.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
I doubt Toronto would be willing to mess their cap space. They are in excellent position now, as they have just roughly 100 mil in committed salary and Quickley cap hold for the summer. They replenished their picks and can do a bunch of stuff either on free agency or by using Brown contract. Still have plenty of decent young players under contract.
Like Reply
I was checking Raptors Reddit and someone had options of which team they would like to move Brown to. For Dallas the package was Holmes, Josh Green and a second round raptors pick that Dallas currently owns supposedly. I am not even sure if that trade is legal. Would u do it though? I would say no but wanted to see if others have different takes. Brown is a better player currently, I think. He is 5 year older but still 27. Team option next year on a bloated contract.
Like Reply