Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: PHX Wants Lebron+Bronny| Jazz to Shop Collins
I’ve wanted Powell gone mostly to force the coaches to figure out another way than starting him, but that contract if fine.
Like Reply
(07-10-2023, 11:22 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I’ve wanted Powell gone mostly to force the coaches to figure out another way than starting him, but that contract if fine.

You see it coming, don’t you? It’s bright red, like a fire truck, and headed straight towards us at 101 mph.
Like Reply
(07-10-2023, 09:10 AM)omahen Wrote: It might make sense to consolidate some of that talent into future assets (not enough minutes for everyone). So, would you consider THJ, McGee, 2027 for Dort and whatever 2 or 3 end of bench young guys?

I love the Dort idea and think he could fit in well here, but that 2027 FRP has to be used on upgrading the center rotation.

I'd give them whatever pick swap they want in 2028 though. Is Dort that much better of a player than Grant Williams? I peg his value right around there. THJ is magnitudes more valuable than Bullock. Perhaps no picks need to be added besides 2nds. 

THJ+McGee+2 2nds for Dort+and whatever garbage they want waived.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(07-10-2023, 11:24 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: You see it coming, don’t you? It’s bright red, like a fire truck, and headed straight towards us at 101 mph.
Oh, absolutely, I’ve even slightly defended it in one of these posts around here.
Like Reply
(07-10-2023, 11:29 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I love the Dort idea and think he could fit in well here, but that 2027 FRP has to be used on upgrading the center rotation.

I'd give them whatever pick swap they want in 2028 though. Is Dort that much better of a player than Grant Williams? I peg his value right around there. THJ is magnitudes more valuable than Bullock. Perhaps no picks need to be added besides 2nds. 

THJ+McGee+2 2nds for Dort+and whatever garbage they want waived.

Agree that we should not be spending a first on Dort.  He is more aggressive offensively than Grant, but much less efficient.  I think I like Williams better.

Disagree on saving the first for a center.  We just spent a first on a center.  I want to see what we have in Lively before I spend our remaining assets on another center.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(07-10-2023, 12:07 PM)mvossman Wrote: Agree that we should not be spending a first on Dort.  He is more aggressive offensively than Grant, but much less efficient.  I think I like Williams better.

Disagree on saving the first for a center.  We just spent a first on a center.  I want to see what we have in Lively before I spend our remaining assets on another center.

There's nothing available out there that I know of, that I would want to spend a pick on.
[-] The following 1 user Likes F Gump's post:
  • mvossman
Like Reply
From Dalton on the Mavs expanding the GWill trade:

Mavs receive: Grant Williams, Clint Capela.
Hawks receive: Pascal Siakam.
Raptors receive: DeAndre Hunter, Tim Hardaway Jr., two first-round picks (from Hawks) and two second-round picks (from Mavs, rerouted from the original three-team sign-and-trade).
Spurs receive: Reggie Bullock, 2030 pick swap (from Mavs).
Celtics receive: two second-round picks, trade exception.
Like Reply
[Image: p50e5eowr5bb1.jpg?width=1496&height=1024]

The one and only dropping dimes has alluded to a Siakam deal to ATL. He's basically been right on the money so far this summer.

If that happens, Capela and/or Hunter almost have to be moved. Toronto has no use for Capela. Can a certain team based in Texas right near Oklahoma jump in as a needed 3rd team???
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(07-10-2023, 12:13 PM)F Gump Wrote: There's nothing available out there that I know of, that I would want to spend a pick on.

Nothing that would cost ONLY one pick, imo.

(07-10-2023, 12:26 PM)Smitty Wrote: From Dalton on the Mavs expanding the GWill trade:

Mavs receive: Grant Williams, Clint Capela.
Hawks receive: Pascal Siakam.
Raptors receive: DeAndre Hunter, Tim Hardaway Jr., two first-round picks (from Hawks) and two second-round picks (from Mavs, rerouted from the original three-team sign-and-trade).
Spurs receive: Reggie Bullock, 2030 pick swap (from Mavs).
Celtics receive: two second-round picks, trade exception.

I would do this.

Not sure we can assume Hardy is ready to step into THJ’s shoes right away, but it’s deal you can’t pass up. Capela remains underrated, defensively, and this is a good buy low point in time for him, I think.
Like Reply
(07-10-2023, 12:28 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
I would do this.

Not sure we should be so sure that Hardy is ready to step into THJ’s shoes right away, but it’s deal you can’t pass up. Capela remains underrated, defensively, and this is a good buy low point in time for him, I think.

Turning Reggie and Timmy into Williams and Capela for a ‘30 pick swap would be right up there with the draft day work Nico did.
[-] The following 3 users Like Smitty's post:
  • KillerLeft, mvossman, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(07-10-2023, 12:36 PM)Smitty Wrote: Turning Reggie and Timmy into Williams and Capela for a ‘30 pick swap would be right up there with the draft day work Nico did.

I'd say it'd be even better.

Basically 2 whatever role guys (1 who didn't even contribute to the WCF run) and the other who fell off a cliff and turning them into 2 bonafide rotation starters and it only cost a swap is the stuff of legends.

Hopefully it plays out.

https://twitter.com/dc3dam/status/167845...08718?s=46&t=Ofn9ihgBPdBFQJpnkEDS0A

Skyline Report (ATL news & rumors) (@Dc3daM)
@sancho12369 From what I’ve been told:
Hawks get Pascal Siakam, Javale McGee
Mavericks get Clint Capela
Raptors get De’Andre Hunter Saddiq Bey, 1st round pick

Take this with a grain of salt cause I have no clue who this guy is but since Mr. Dropping Dimes has said ATL, it's probably going to be Atlanta. And this looks reasonable for all parties, probably more 1sts need to be included by ATL if anything but Siakam is expiring so it's a trade off. This framework is missing the necessary inclusion of THJ though, so if this is legit it's missing part of the picture.
Like Reply
(07-10-2023, 12:44 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I'd say it'd be even better.

Basically 2 whatever role guys (1 who didn't even contribute to the WCF run) and the other who fell off a cliff and turning them into 2 bonafide rotation starters and it only cost a swap is the stuff of legends.

Hopefully it plays out.

https://twitter.com/dc3dam/status/167845...08718?s=46&t=Ofn9ihgBPdBFQJpnkEDS0A

Skyline Report (ATL news & rumors) (@Dc3daM)
@sancho12369 From what I’ve been told:
Hawks get Pascal Siakam, Javale McGee
Mavericks get Clint Capela
Raptors get De’Andre Hunter Saddiq Bey, 1st round pick

Take this with a grain of salt cause I have no clue who this guy is but since Mr. Dropping Dimes has said ATL, it's probably going to be Atlanta. And this looks reasonable for all parties, probably more 1sts need to be included by ATL if anything but Siakam is expiring so it's a trade off.

Good gravy, getting him for McGee instead of THJ would be too good. Can’t get my hopes up for that.

Later in that thread it says “Dallas would send something to Toronto, too.”

Gotta be THJ, right? I don’t fully understand the math, but it seems like just a 3-way deal. Not an extension of the Boston/SA thing.
Like Reply
(07-10-2023, 12:48 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Good gravy, getting him for McGee instead of THJ would be too good. Can’t get my hopes up for that.

Gotta be THJ, right? I don’t fully understand the math, but it seems like just a 3-way deal. Not an extension of the Boston/SA thing.

Doesn’t work with just McGee. Has to include THJ. But that will cost pick(s) if McGee is part of it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smitty's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Like this less, tbh, and I’m afraid it’s true.

https://twitter.com/missdraftexpres/stat...47947?s=20

(07-10-2023, 12:52 PM)Smitty Wrote: Doesn’t work with just McGee. Has to include THJ. But that will cost pick(s) if McGee is part of it.

Yeah, I think you’re right.

I bet TOR wants multiple firsts for Siakim and sending Capela to Dallas is ATL’s way of subsidizing that.

I LOVE Capela. Not a fan of spending ‘27 in this way.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
(07-10-2023, 12:48 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Good gravy, getting him for McGee instead of THJ would be too good. Can’t get my hopes up for that.

Yeah almost has to include THJ. This is a Hawks based guy so I doubt he's fully aware of the Mavs cap needs.

But if we're to assume the Mavs send something to Toronto, it's either picks+THJ OR just picks (maybe multiple 2nds or the 27 first, or a pick swap) with THJ going to ATL along with McGee. 

I find it a bit dubious the Mavs would be willing to send a 2027 FRP for Capela given that they were very hesitant to do any 10 for 15+Capela swap on draft night (although ATL was asking for a lot more to be fair).
Like Reply
(07-10-2023, 12:53 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Like this less, tbh, and I’m afraid it’s true.

I bet TOR wants multiple firsts for Siakim and sending Capela to Dallas is ATL’s way of subsidizing that.

Hunter + Bey > Capela

If they give up a first I want the good stuff. Not the leftovers.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
Something like this?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Like Reply
(07-10-2023, 12:53 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Like this less, tbh, and I’m afraid it’s true.

Put it this way, if I told you on June 1st the Mavs would be getting 2 FRP prospects (one a switchable defensive center and a 6'8 defensive maestro), Richaun Holmes, Grant Williams, Clint Capela, Seth Curry, and retained Kyrie on as realistic of a team friendly short term contract as can be that is cheaper than FVV

And all it cost was THJ, Reggie, McGee, Bertans, 1 pick swap and a 2027 first, would that frame your outlook any differently?
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
(07-10-2023, 12:56 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I find it a bit dubious the Mavs would be willing to send a 2027 FRP for Capela given that they were very hesitant to do any 10 for 15+Capela swap on draft night (although ATL was asking for a lot more to be fair).

I hope you’re right, but the rumor of that draft night deal is that it included Green too.

If there’s only one pick involved, it’s got to be coming from ATL. If there are 2-3, Dallas’ ‘27 might be involved.

I personally want Capela, but don’t value getting off of McGee in the process THAT much.I’d throw those 2nds in without hesitation though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
(07-10-2023, 01:01 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I hope you’re right, but the rumor of that draft night deal is that it included Green too.

If there’s only one pick involved, it’s got to be coming from ATL. If there are 2-3, Dallas’ ‘27 might be involved.

I personally want Capela, but don’t value getting off of McGee in the process THAT much.I’d throw those 2nds in without hesitation though.

Usually you hate dinosaur bigs. What´s the difference when it comes to Capela. i see a guy that already lost some of his foot speed. Cannot really defend in space. Declined badly as a rim protector. Cannot shoot FTs. Still think that he is on a DAJ trajectory.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply