Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: PHX Wants Lebron+Bronny| Hawks to Shop Hunter
(07-02-2023, 04:40 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I have been wondering the same thing.  This is not a slight on Stein reporting either.  Just wondering if this is more educated guesses or intel from others teams or really from the mavs?  It feels like the mavs are super tight lipped this year.  I don’t think any of their moves leaked ahead of time.

Again not a slight at Stein but maybe we should take these reports as gospel.

Although, his reports do appear to suggest they don’t view Holmes as an answer.  In a previous post he mentioned they thought they could use Hardaway to find a center.  I am having trouble finding who that center could be.  Any suggestions?

I mean, I do tbh.
Stein is legit, or was at least. But he is an old guard who have been replaced in NBA circles. He remained as insider for Mavs and Knicks for sometime but even that isn't lasting tbh.
The Ayton thing for example was strongly denied by Suns insider Gambo guy. And most national media were saying they will role with Ayton after Beal trade. 

Just feels like he is more of a "Brian Windhorsr" now tbh. He is the guy who talks to teams asking them what they think about other teams.
Like Reply
(07-02-2023, 04:49 PM)loki Wrote: Wright I'm guessing?

Holiday.

Just joking around Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • loki
Like Reply
(07-02-2023, 04:23 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Gordon signed for 2 years, $6 million.

Probably market value. Comparing it to Seth's deal, Seth is a bit more expensive at 2 years 8 mil, but he's also on a totally other level of shooter.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(07-02-2023, 04:25 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: If Landale got $8mm and Houston ‘pivoted’ to him after trying to get Powell, does that mean Powell turned down $8mm?

If that's the case, we should have done Dwight a solid and not made him an offer.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(07-02-2023, 04:40 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Although, his reports do appear to suggest they don’t view Holmes as an answer.  In a previous post he mentioned they thought they could use Hardaway to find a center.  I am having trouble finding who that center could be.  Any suggestions?

That's the trick question.

"Hey, you guys want to give us a starting center for THJ?"  CLICK

Probably need to add some asset to THJ to get things moving.  What asset do we have if we dont want to trade Hardy or Green?
Like Reply
(07-02-2023, 04:50 PM)omahen Wrote: Holiday.

Just joking around Smile

Now imagine the Rockets sign Franky Nicotine   Big Grin
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(07-02-2023, 04:35 PM)khaled1987 Wrote: What is Stein track record this summer?
Feels he talked the most about interest, trade talks etc but I don't remember him breaking any deal that happened.

Mavs having interest in RFA seems like something you can just guess and not an insider info.
I know he is connected to Mavs for years but I am just skeptical.

He did start hot half an hour before FA, basically breaking the Green contract and a couple of other things. He sort of dissapeared later, at least from twitter.

I am sure Stein knows a lot. It is more that he must not say a lot, as long as things are being discussed.
Like Reply
The guys we drafted this year cant be traded right now, right?

I personally would be ok with trading THJ and Lively for Allen.
Like Reply
(07-02-2023, 04:51 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Probably market value. Comparing it to Seth's deal, Seth is a bit more expensive at 2 years 8 mil, but he's also on a totally other level of shooter.

I think Gordon could get (much) more on the market. He is chasing the ring. 

Gordon is a much better player than Seth, imho. Seth shooting percentage is higher, but always on a low volume. Gordon has many other ways to score. Seth is also a worse defender of the two.
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
Seth is unplayable in the playoffs due to his size. Teams hunt him relentlessly on every possession.
[-] The following 2 users Like RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • KillerLeft, surfpuckmd
Like Reply
I think once they sign, they can't be traded for a month. I actually wouldn't mind do '27/THJ for Allen. Maybe expand the players involved in the trade if you don't think that's fair value.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Jarrett Allen is only 25.

I'm not overly attached to Lively if we're getting a center that young.
[-] The following 3 users Like RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • BigDirk41, Okstate819, RGP1981
Like Reply
(07-02-2023, 04:40 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Although, his reports do appear to suggest they don’t view Holmes as an answer.  In a previous post he mentioned they thought they could use Hardaway to find a center.  I am having trouble finding who that center could be.  Any suggestions?

Hardaway alone won't bring much, imho.

Capella seems to be off the market now. Ayton too, but I am quite certain he will be traded by TDL. I believe they are not pressured to trade him right now for whatever bucnh of junk was offered. 

There were rumors Zubac could be available (I think it very much depends on Harden trade). I like Claxton and Allen, no idea about their status. With these names, the list of centers that I think make sense to trade for (and could be perhaps available) is pretty much exhausted. I certainly don't like Nurkic or Valanciunas on this team.

Btw, since I mentioned Valanciunas. Why is NO gathering all the dinosaur centers? Jonas, Willy and now Zeller.
  • Chicagojk
Like Reply
What’s the best offer you guys would give for Allen?

Green + Holmes? I don’t see them wanting THJ after the resign of Levert and Strus pickup.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Okstate819's post:
  • RGP1981
Like Reply
(07-02-2023, 05:02 PM)cow Wrote: I think once they sign, they can't be traded for a month.  I actually wouldn't mind do '27/THJ for Allen.  Maybe expand the players involved in the trade if you don't think that's fair value.

I would use 27 for Allen. Just not sure Cleveland has any interest in THJ now, after (over)paying Strus, LeVert and Niang. Maxi seems like a guy that could fit nicely in Cleveland. Maxi and McGee or Bullock + 2027
Like Reply
(07-02-2023, 05:11 PM)omahen Wrote: I would use 27 for Allen. Just not sure Cleveland has any interest in THJ now, after (over)paying Strus, LeVert and Niang. Maxi seems like a guy that could fit nicely in Cleveland. Maxi and McGee or Bullock + 2027

I was thinking THJ/McGee+27FRP but that works too.
Like Reply
(07-02-2023, 05:08 PM)omahen Wrote: Hardaway alone won't bring much, imho.

Capella seems to be off the market now. Ayton too, but I am quite certain he will be traded by TDL. I believe they are not pressured to trade him right now for whatever bucnh of junk was offered. 

There were rumors Zubac could be available (I think it very much depends on Harden trade). I like Claxton and Allen, no idea about their status. With these names, the list of centers that I think make sense to trade for (and could be perhaps available) is pretty much exhausted. I certainly don't like Nurkic or Valanciunas on this team.

Btw, since I mentioned Valanciunas. Why is NO gathering all the dinosaur centers? Jonas, Willy and now Zeller.

Zubac would be a favorite of me due to his age, timeline to Lively, contract and connection to Luka.  I just have trouble seeing how the Clippers benefit from moving.  

Sure he can't guard Luka but so what.   He would work well here.   

I don't think we have enough for Allen, even if he was available.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • omahen, surfpuckmd
Like Reply
(07-02-2023, 05:20 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Zubac would be a favorite of me due to his age, timeline to Lively, contract and connection to Luka.  I just have trouble seeing how the Clippers benefit from moving.  

I forgot Gafford. It seems likely Washington would be willing to trade him and Bullock expiring fits nicely. I am not sure 2030 SRP is enough for him and I am certainly not giving up 2027 FRP.
  • surfpuckmd
Like Reply
(07-02-2023, 05:20 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Zubac would be a favorite of me due to his age, timeline to Lively, contract and connection to Luka.  I just have trouble seeing how the Clippers benefit from moving.  

Saw some rumors that the Clippers would like to reduce the payroll. But that was prior to the Harden/Lillard trade demands. Right now they are 3.9m over the 2nd apron.

Zubac + RoCo for THJ would get it done. Clippers save 4.7m. Mavs get stop gap solutions for the front court. Obviously takes the Mavs out of any MLE free agent discussion. Feels like a lateral move. Not sure if it makes sense for the Mavs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
(07-02-2023, 05:32 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Saw some rumors that the Clippers would like to reduce the payroll. But that was prior to the Harden/Lillard trade demands. Right now they are 3.9m over the 2nd apron.

Zubac + RoCo for THJ would get it done. Clippers save 4.7m. Mavs get stop gap solutions for the front court. Obviously takes the Mavs out of any MLE free agent discussion.

I think getting back to MLE would be relatively easy. I think 2030 SRP and cash is enough to dump McGee to one of the cap space teams.
Like Reply