Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: PHX Wants Lebron+Bronny| Jazz to Shop Collins
Tim MacMahon on ESPN just said Luka was in contact with Kyrie and wanted/urges him to re-sign fwiw
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, Smitty
Like Reply
What is Portland’s tax situation. I thought they would match Thybulle at MLE. Is that not the case?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status...46241?s=20

Best available FAs:

PGs
F. VanVleet
D. Russell
R. Westbrook
G. Vincent

SGs
A. Reaves ®
M. Beasley
D. DiVincenzo
M. Strus

SFs
D. Brooks
H. Jones ®
J. Crowder
K. Oubre Jr.

PFs
PJ Washington ®
G. Williams ®
R. Hachimura ®
Jalen McDaniels

Cs
B. Lopez
C. Wood
M. Plumlee
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
No Christian Wood yet huh? You think he goes today?
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 06:10 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: What is Portland’s tax situation.  I thought they would match Thybulle at MLE.  Is that not the case?
Jesus

maybe I’m wrong.

Thybulle plays more scared than Josh Green. Can’t imagine both of them on the floor.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 06:10 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: What is Portland’s tax situation.  I thought they would match Thybulle at MLE.  Is that not the case?

I think he will stay, since they didn't keep Reddish. They need a wing like him
Like Reply
Team option for Bruce Brown in year 2. Good for him. Made 15 million so far in the NBA. Next year will make 23 million.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 06:12 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: No Christian Wood yet huh?  You think he goes today?

Yeah I don't think he goes today. I think the Heat are going to try and grab him for some sort of cheap contract.

https://twitter.com/brauvo/status/167491...78817?s=46&t=4w35gotNXtBJnqxbaL7e9w

If this is with 8% raises per year, Kyrie signed on for $38.81M, $41.91M, $45.26M. Based on CBAmavs' sheets, Dallas can afford that deal with Phoenix for Ayton without giving up McGee. Not that Phoenix is still interested, but
Like Reply
Mavs cap situation. I think, BaE will go to Powell

https://twitter.com/yossigozlan/status/1...53665?s=46&t=4w35gotNXtBJnqxbaL7e9w
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 06:15 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Yeah I don't think he goes today. I think the Heat are going to try and grab him for some sort of cheap contract.

https://twitter.com/brauvo/status/167491...78817?s=46&t=4w35gotNXtBJnqxbaL7e9w

If this is with 8% raises per year, Kyrie signed on for $38.81M, $41.91M, $45.26M. Based on CBAmavs' sheets, Dallas can afford that deal with Phoenix for Ayton without giving up McGee. Not that Phoenix is still interested, but

Heat only sign winning players I don't get it
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 06:14 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Team option for Bruce Brown in year 2.  Good for him.  Made 15 million so far in the NBA.  Next year will make 23 million.

That is not a very good contract for him, though. 50 mil guaranteed MLE would seem to be better, imho. Great deal for Indy though. Much flexibility with that contract, and they have to spend cap space on something
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 06:09 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: He does nothing else. Rather give Prosper those minutes than spend MLE on Matisse. 

Maybe I’m way off but I’d be surprised if he beats the Georges Niang deal. 3/26

4 year MLE would be 4/54ish?

Not sure if the shooting numbers are sustainable but SleepingHero already pointed out his improved percentages with the Blazers. Looking at his role on the Mavs roster. Mavs had the 2nd best offense with Kyrie and Luka. With an all time bad defense. I think the Mavs could get away with Thybulle (even if his 3-point percentage drops back into the low/mid 30s).
[-] The following 4 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BigDirk41, mvossman, RoyTarpleysGhost, Smitty
Like Reply
Bullock for Thybulle/Reddish?

I think the Blazers would accept that, if they still try to win now.

Use the MLE on Reed
Use the BAE on Bamba

Then go to work in the trade market

Doncic/Hardy/
Irving/Thybulle/
Green/Reddish/
Kleber/Reed/OMP
Holmes/Bamba/Lively

McGee/Wood/THJ to move for another starter.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 06:17 PM)omahen Wrote: That is not a very good contract for him, though. 50 mil guaranteed MLE would seem to be better, imho. Great deal for Indy though. Much flexibility with that contract, and they have to spend cap space on something

He's betting on himself.  If he balls out next year he will make that $50 over two years and sign another big contract.
Like Reply
"Mavs are on the phones trying to get some other guys. wanted Kyrie to recruit bruce brown but timing didn't line up" - Chris Haynes on NBATV
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
Lakers use full MLE on Vincent

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...8388757505
Like Reply
Lakers sign Vincent 3 year 33 million. they can’t do that and Gordon right?
Like Reply
Bobby Marks on espn just said Thybulle makes sense for Mavs.

Maybe I’m just wrong on him. I’m wrong a lot Smile

(06-30-2023, 06:20 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Lakers sign Vincent 3 year 33 million.  they can’t do that and Gordon right?
Yea. That’s instead of Gordon
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 06:19 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: "Mavs are on the phones trying to get some other guys. wanted Kyrie to recruit bruce brown but timing didn't line up" - Chris Haynes on NBATV

For that contract, you get just Kyrie, not Kyrie the recruiter Smile
[-] The following 9 users Like omahen's post:
  • BigDirk41, dirkfansince1998, khaled1987, KillerLeft, MFFL, mvossman, Not an evil robot, RoyTarpleysGhost, Smitty
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 06:20 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Bobby Marks on espn just said Thybulle makes sense for Mavs.

Maybe I’m just wrong on him. I’m wrong a lot Smile

Yeah, but not for the full MLE. That´s too much. If Portland need a veteran SF, then Bullock for Thybulle/Reddish makes a lot of sense. Mavs have been linked to both players.
Like Reply