Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: PHX Wants Lebron+Bronny| Jazz to Shop Collins
This from Stein in his Substack.

“The big early domino is Fred VanVleet. Do the Raptors offer him four years to prevent FVV from signing for Houston for two years and nearly $85 million? What Fred decides impacts Kyrie Irving hugely ... Irving needs the Rockets as a suitor to put legitimate pressure on Dallas.”
[-] The following 1 user Likes DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Max Strus 4/64 to the Cavs

so much for the new CBA
Like Reply
[Image: IMG_0320.png]

(06-30-2023, 05:37 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Max Strus 4/64 to the Cavs

That's a solid deal for Strus.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
Maybe Nico has something up his sleeve after all. I like him trolling everyone...haha
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 05:32 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I was dead wrong about JB. I've been very vocal about it. I did not think he could seriously ever lead a team to the playoffs. 

He proved me wrong and then some. His contract is more than worth it.

Jerami Grant on the other hand is a totally different player to JB, and has already had multiple opportunities to be the main guy for a team and it hasn't amounted to anything.

20 mil a year is a good contract for Grant. 25 if you want to overpay. 7+ more than that is crazy pills in this new CBA.

Back to FA, throwing Thybulle a full MLE offer pretty much destroys the rest of Portlands space.

And in a world where Bruce Brown is getting 23 mil a year, Thybulle at 12 isn't so bad.

Portland books are actually very clean. Even with Grant contract, they are a bit over 150 mil. No problem for them to match Thybulle MLE offer, imho. Although I am not sure he is even worth it.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 05:39 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Maybe Nico has something up his sleeve after all. I like him trolling everyone...haha

It's a fake tweet, purely for entertainment purposes.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 05:40 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: It's a fake tweet, purely for entertainment purposes.

Damnit...lol
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 05:39 PM)omahen Wrote: Portland books are actually very clean. Even with Grant contract, they are a bit over 150 mil. No problem for them to match Thybulle MLE offer, imho. Although I am not sure he is even worth it.

I feel like you're missing the fact that Portland has to improve their roster, not just merely run it back. They need a running mate for Dame. They're now 20 mil away from apron 1, and have Scoot Henderson just chilling there?

Their roster is a mess, stuck between building for the future and trying to hold onto the past.
Like Reply
Can we actually agree to terms with anyone before Kyrie signs or doesn't sign?
Like Reply
We saw a lot of overpays in this first hour. Strus contract is really crazy, imho. A lot of other guys got really high deals
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 05:41 PM)omahen Wrote: We saw a lot of overpays in this first hour. Strus contract is really crazy, imho. A lot of other guys got really high deals

That’s the new Mozgov
Like Reply
Don’t see much that the Mavs have missed out on or something in their price range that they should have gone after. So let’s wait and see. My FA mavs history though has made me not to expect much.

Thought the suns had sneaky good signings of Metu (I like him) and Eubanks.

Bruce Brown was probably never in play once Indy got involved. I am a big fan of adding talent, but there was sort of a fit issue if he was our big signing. But as I said, I would focus on talent first.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 05:41 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I feel like you're missing the fact that Portland has to improve their roster, not just merely run it back. They need a running mate for Dame. They're now 20 mil away from apron 1, and have Scoot Henderson just chilling there?

Their roster is a mess, stuck between building for the future and trying to hold onto the past.

Hm, they just added #3 pick in this years draft. I think it will not be difficult to move Simons, he is on a decent contract. They also have a lot of draft assets. I think they are in far better position than Mavs, as far as "the other guys" go
Like Reply
Lakers looking at Eric Gordon for MLE after signing Taurean Prince for BAE.

Wojnarowski] Free agent F George Niang has agreed on a three-year, $26 million contract with the Cleveland Cavaliers, his agents Mark Bartelstein and Andy Shiffman of @PrioritySports tell ESPN. Niang leaves Sixers for another Eastern contender.
Like Reply
Cleveland throwing away money like crazy. Another big overpay, imho. 9 mil per for Niang (26 mil in 3 years)

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1674911525721571328
Like Reply
Cavs blowing their load on these crafty lunch pail wings with no athleticism.

I was gonna say white guys but Niang and Strus…eh
Like Reply
Strus/Niang, do the Cavs have an alternative cap? Where they find all the space.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 05:45 PM)omahen Wrote: Cleveland throwing away money like crazy. Another big overpay, imho. 9 mil per for Niang (26 mil in 3 years)

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1674911525721571328

Thats a lot of money for a guy that basically rode PHI's bench for his entire time there.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 05:43 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Lakers looking at Eric Gordon for MLE after signing Taurean Prince for BAE.

Wojnarowski] Free agent F George Niang has agreed on a three-year, $26 million contract with the Cleveland Cavaliers, his agents Mark Bartelstein and Andy Shiffman of @PrioritySports tell ESPN. Niang leaves Sixers for another Eastern contender.

76ers in a really tough spot. No capspace. Trying to trade Harden. Losing depth.
Like Reply
And Strus to Cleveland can only happen as SnT, I think.

Kyrie to Mavs

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...5940146178
Like Reply