Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: 76ers Believe They Have A Shot at PG13
(06-30-2023, 01:56 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: The Nets are trading Joe Harris, a 2027 2nd, a 2029 2nd to Detroit.  Harris is expiring after this year according to Shams. This kills Detroit going after Cam Johnson.  Head scratcher.

He is RFA with the Brooklyn Nets, whom they just made the trade. Safe to say they knew he agreed a deal with them anyway. Or Brooklyn are paying them Harris and 2 2nds so they won't waste their time and raise the price for Cam, whom tgey will natch anyway.
Like Reply
Sources tell @CBSSports that on top of Dallas and Phoenix, Kyrie Irving will meet today with Miami, Houston, the Lakers and the Clippers. Meetings will be in Los Angeles and, in a few cases, remote.

https://twitter.com/sportsreiter/status/...28192?s=46&t=kBZghN5pPKEHpi2dWWHV8g
Like Reply
Kuzma might be best available FA out there, assuming Kyrie, Cam, Middleton, Green and Grant resign with their current teams and FVV goes to Houston. So where does Kuzma go or are we in a SnT teritory? There could be a Washington deal worth of including 2027 pick, imho.

https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status...0387316755
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 02:02 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Vet min

He'd be a nice piece at the vet min.  Midseason I did an analysis on him and he'd be above the league fg% average if he cut his 3ptAs in half.  His defense is great.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 02:08 PM)Tyler Wrote: Sources tell @CBSSports that on top of Dallas and Phoenix, Kyrie Irving will meet today with Miami, Houston, the Lakers and the Clippers. Meetings will be in Los Angeles and, in a few cases, remote.

It seems like he will decide today. Hopefully
Like Reply
Most of the cap space has dried up with the Bertans, Collins, Harris trades. Barnes extension etc

There will be good players signed to cheap deals. Just need to wait it out and get the right guys
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jason Terry's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 01:49 PM)Jym Wrote: Yeah I really think we made out like bandits getting the 24th for taking on Holmes.
Who has a chance of being our best center if we don't make any other moves

Joe Harris is only owed 1 year.  Holmes is on the books for 2.

So two 2nds vs a low 1st is about even.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 02:08 PM)Tyler Wrote: Sources tell @CBSSports that on top of Dallas and Phoenix, Kyrie Irving will meet today with Miami, Houston, the Lakers and the Clippers. Meetings will be in Los Angeles and, in a few cases, remote.

(06-30-2023, 12:02 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Next Kyrie shill in the media. Kyrie currently in LA to talk to Rockets and LA teams.
There is no Kyrie market. Mavs can just chill. 70/2 or Ayton. This might be the first time that the disdain for Kyrie is so strong it even trumps other teams trying to f*** over Cuban.
....and just like that I´m a CBS source. Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • khaled1987, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
Sad 
(06-30-2023, 12:15 PM)mvossman Wrote: I think draft night indicated that the focus was on filling those spots long term vs next season.  I hope they acquire one more starter level player (forward) that fits both next season and long term plan.  In my mind that is a reasonable goal to close out the season.  I don't think they have the assets to bring in 2 starters right now.

I would view this as a successful offseason.   Still need a quality big wing.  Get that and I am happy.  Sure, if they can find someone to use the 27 first for, go for it.  But I believe that player will probably not be available now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 02:18 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: ....and just like that I´m a CBS source. Big Grin

[Image: EU4OhThUUAABVTu.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BigDirk41, Ghost of Podkolzin, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/Anthony_Chiang/statu...4480434176

Interesting that all these national reports about Kyrie's "meetings" keep getting refuted by local beat writers.
[-] The following 4 users Like StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • BigDirk41, MFFL, RoyTarpleysGhost, Tyler
Like Reply
Miami exercising fiscal discipline rather than overspending to re-sign their proven players.

I think they get the new CBA.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 02:24 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: https://twitter.com/Anthony_Chiang/statu...4480434176

Interesting that all these national reports about Kyrie's "meetings" keep getting refuted by local beat writers.

Kyries camp is desperate trying to drum up some competition for his services.  No one seems to be interested.

If I'm the Mavs, I'm not offering a dollar more than 4/160, if that. Maybe even 3/120.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 02:24 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Interesting that all these national reports about Kyrie's "meetings" keep getting refuted by local beat writers.

It's almost as if the national reporters are more interested in clicks than truth. How's that ESPN purge going, BTW?
[-] The following 5 users Like Tyler's post:
  • ItsGoTime, MFFL, SleepingHero, Smitty, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 02:27 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Miami exercising fiscal discipline rather than overspending to re-sign their proven players.

I think they get the new CBA.

Already blew their load on Herro and Robinson
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 02:24 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: https://twitter.com/Anthony_Chiang/statu...4480434176

On the one hand, I'd be proud of the Mavs to be in the driver's seat while negotiating with Kyrie, but on the other hand I fear that signing Kyrie on a bargain just accelerates his potential unhappiness with being a Maverick.  Further, I'm not sure giving him the contract he wants would slow down that very real possibility.  Are these "meetings" just Kyrie being Kyrie or does it give us some insight on the MBT's contract negotiations?  I'm starting to hope more and more for the outside possibility of a S&T.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 02:28 PM)Tyler Wrote: It's almost as if the national reporters are more interested in clicks than truth. 

Kyries mom/agent calling around begging for these reports.

There's no journalistic integrity in sports twitter.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 02:29 PM)Jym Wrote: Already blew their load on Herro and Robinson

Yes. In the old days, you overpaid to re-sign productive players. Both were bad decisions.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 02:30 PM)cow Wrote: On the one hand, I'd be proud of the Mavs to be in the driver's seat while negotiating with Kyrie, but on the other hand I fear that signing Kyrie on a bargain just accelerates his potential unhappiness with being a Maverick.  Further, I'm not sure giving him the contract he wants would slow down that very real possibility.  Are these "meetings" just Kyrie being Kyrie or does it give us some insight on the MBT's contract negotiations?  I'm starting to hope more and more for the outside possibility of a S&T.

He’s looking for leverage wherever he can find it, but it doesn’t look like he has much.  Once he’s signed a deal (probably his last), no amount of unhappiness will change that amount of money. Even if he decides to force a trade, his paycheck ain’t increasing.

So the fear that he might be unhappy because he took less money than he wanted is bogus.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 02:35 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Yes. In the old days, you overpaid to re-sign productive players. Both were bad decisions.

True.  I don't love the contract at all, but Robinson had a really nice playoff run.  He's an underrated cutter and his chemistry with Bam is nice.  I think the Heat were better without Herro.

(06-30-2023, 02:40 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: He’s looking for leverage wherever he can find it, but it doesn’t look like he has much.  Once he’s signed a deal (probably his last), no amount of unhappiness will change that amount of money. Even if he decides to force a trade, his paycheck ain’t increasing.

So the fear that he might be unhappy because he took less money than he wanted is bogus.

It's not just less money.  It's playing for a team that he has no interest in being part of.  So I don't agree with that the fear is bogus.  Kyrie is pretty far from rational as well. Remember that he's forced his way out of a situation that he orchestrated the team and teammate. If he can't be happy with the ideal situation, maybe he just can't be happy. That's not someone I'd want to be invested into. I'd love to be out of the Kyrie business just because of how much of a wildcard he is, but that unprotected pick has us pot committed.
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid, sterlingmallory
Like Reply