MavsBoard
GIANNIS THREAD: Giannis has SIGNED the Supermax - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: GIANNIS THREAD: Giannis has SIGNED the Supermax (/showthread.php?tid=671)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: GIANNIS THREAD: says he is still undecided on supermax - Aussiebballer - 12-09-2020

I will in the caboose until after the trade deadline

RE: GIANNIS THREAD: says he is still undecided on supermax - ClutchDirk - 12-09-2020

https://twitter.com/TiWindisch/status/1336774731534639105

RE: GIANNIS THREAD: says he is still undecided on supermax - Hypermav - 12-09-2020

Wes is doing great work already!!! nevermind, forgot he was on the Lakers...well he can work there too.

RE: GIANNIS THREAD: says he is still undecided on supermax - DrMav - 12-09-2020

(12-09-2020, 06:18 PM)Aussiebballer Wrote: What are the chance the Bucks trade him if he doesn’t sign, won’t commit and they start the season good but not great?

They can’t afford to lose him for nothing next offseason, they would be completely stuffed for many years. Especially with having traded all of their picks.

Going to be a crazy season for the Bucks.

If they decide to blow it up.....

Wiggins, Wiseman, Paschall, Twolves 1st, a bunch of GSW 1sts.
Send Holiday to the Nets for Dinwiddie and LaVert.

Dinwiddie
LaVert
Wiggins
Middleton
Wiseman

We can happily S&T then back THJ + Powell

2nd round pick swap as a sweetener 

Wink

RE: GIANNIS THREAD: says he is still undecided on supermax - BolsDamols - 12-09-2020

I'm ready

[Image: 2020-12-10_075101.png]

RE: GIANNIS THREAD: says he is still undecided on supermax - Aussiebballer - 12-09-2020

Bored so how about this rebuild for Bucks Smile
can't do it until the 26th December so Wiseman can be included.

Bucks 
Get 
Wiseman, Paschall, Twolves 1st, 2 1sts from GSW
Conley, Gobert and 2 1st from Utah
Dinwiddie and LeVert from Nets

Send
Giannis and Thanasis to GSW
Holiday to Nets 
Lopez and Middleton to Utah

GSW 
Get Giannis and Thanasis

Send
Oubre to Utah
Wiseman, Paschell and Looney, plus Twolves 21 1st and 2 of their own 1sts to Bucks

Nets
Send 
Dinwiddie and LeVert Bucks

Get 
Holiday

Utah
Send  
Conley and  Gobert, plus 2 1sts Bucks

Get  
Middelton, Lopez and Oubre 

Lineups
Bucks
Conley
Dinwiddie
LeVert
Wiseman
Gobert

Warriors
Curry
Bazemore
Wiggins
Grren
Giannis

Nets
Kyring
Holiday
Harris
Durant
Allen

Utah
Mitchell
Oubre
Middleton
Bogdan
Lopez 

RE: GIANNIS THREAD: says he is still undecided on supermax - StepBackJay - 12-09-2020

Giannis, noted black immigrant, has the luxury to decide whether or not he wants to sign a contract that guarantees him $228 million dollars and we have to wonder if Black Lives Matter?

RE: GIANNIS THREAD: says he is still undecided on supermax - dirkfansince1998 - 12-09-2020

(12-09-2020, 08:29 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Giannis, noted black immigrant, has the luxury to decide whether or not he wants to sign a contract that guarantees him $228 million dollars and we have to wonder if Black Lives Matter?

I am not sorry if I get banned for this. This is probably the biggest piece of BS I have ever seen on this board. I really hope that this is just an bad attempt to troll us or at least meant to be funny.

RE: GIANNIS THREAD: says he is still undecided on supermax - Kammrath - 12-09-2020

(12-09-2020, 08:29 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Giannis, noted black immigrant, has the luxury to decide whether or not he wants to sign a contract that guarantees him $228 million dollars and we have to wonder if Black Lives Matter?

I invite you to edit this yourself or delete it, so I don't have to. 

This is insensitive and breaks our primary rule of be respectful. 

This is not respectful to...

1) ...any posters of color here.
2) ...any people of color anywhere.
3) ...other posters here of any background.
4) ...yourself.

You may not agree with Black Lives Matter on some or many levels, but you need to respect that at the end of the day, behind the organization are human beings with real personal stories, experiences, sufferings, and traumas. 

I hope you can see that and I thank you in advance for understanding.

RE: GIANNIS THREAD: says he is still undecided on supermax - ClutchDirk - 12-09-2020

https://www.instagram.com/p/CImMyu6FRVF/?igshid=pbykbvvggn90

RE: GIANNIS THREAD: says he is still undecided on supermax - dirkfansince1998 - 12-09-2020

This will be even funnier than the whole Kawhi story. Giannis basically hasn´t said anything but the entire league is coming up with different interpretations.

RE: GIANNIS THREAD: says he is still undecided on supermax - Mavsfan12 - 12-10-2020

I am glad everyone is getting with the spirit now... y'all just needed a little push.  I am still waiting for all of the "it's happening" Gifs from year's past.  lol.

RE: GIANNIS THREAD: in next few days MIL confident he WILL sign supermax (he hasn't) - Mavsfan12 - 12-10-2020

(12-09-2020, 04:43 AM)omahen Wrote: I am not sure you are correct about Toronto. They only have four guaranteed contracts and OG caphold, which puts them around 75 million. All the rest are non guaranteed for next season

That is my bad... the site I was looking at didn't show several players' salary as non-guaranteed.  Should have just gone to sportrac.  So, Tor has the space, but not the fit (GA at C) or the high end teammate(s).  (Assuming KP plays without injury this season, would you trade a healthy KP for Siakam??)

RE: GIANNIS THREAD: says he is still undecided on supermax - haveitall - 12-10-2020

(12-10-2020, 12:11 AM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: I am glad everyone is getting with the spirit now... y'all just needed a little push.  I am still waiting for all of the "it's happening" Gifs from year's past.  lol.

There is really no contest when it comes to other teams.  People mention Toronto, LA, Miami.  Who is the star on those teams.  Lebron will be 36 when the season starts.  Anthony Davis is fragile.  Jimmy Butler and Adebayo are not as good as Luka/KP, and Miami doesn't have the caspasce.  Toronto has Siakam, not sure if he is better than KP.  Golden State is now just Steph Curry.  Dallas can sign Giannis then resign THJ and Richardson.  If any of the 3 rookies is any good that will add to the appeal.   Dallas is the #1 team for him to join next year.

RE: GIANNIS THREAD: says he is still undecided on supermax - omahen - 12-10-2020

(12-10-2020, 01:32 AM)haveitall Wrote: Jimmy Butler and Adebayo are not as good as Luka/KP, and Miami doesn't have the caspasce.  Toronto has Siakam, not sure if he is better than KP

You guys are so easily forgetting Miami was just in the NBA finals while Toronto was 2nd round. We were first round exit. 

(12-10-2020, 01:32 AM)haveitall Wrote: Dallas can sign Giannis then resign THJ and Richardson.

Not true, you can have either GA or them, can't have both.

RE: GIANNIS THREAD: says he is still undecided on supermax - juanc - 12-10-2020

(12-10-2020, 01:32 AM)haveitall Wrote: There is really no contest when it comes to other teams.  People mention Toronto, LA, Miami.  Who is the star on those teams.  Lebron will be 36 when the season starts.  Anthony Davis is fragile.  Jimmy Butler and Adebayo are not as good as Luka/KP, and Miami doesn't have the caspasce.  Toronto has Siakam, not sure if he is better than KP.  Golden State is now just Steph Curry.  Dallas can sign Giannis then resign THJ and Richardson.  If any of the 3 rookies is any good that will add to the appeal.   Dallas is the #1 team for him to join next year.
Toronto was in the 2nd round after beating the Nets without Kyrie and KD. But yeah that series against Boston was nice. Still when it comes to Giannis I think he is smart enough to realise that in Dallas he can build a dynasty with Luka and KP. They would have the chance to become one of the best teams in history of NBA. The fit is great. Kp is BroLo on steroids and a match made in heaven(when it comes to Center position) for Giannis. And they would have the best transition scorer and soon to be the best halfcourt offensive player on one team.

RE: GIANNIS THREAD: says he is still undecided on supermax - sefant - 12-10-2020

(12-10-2020, 03:18 AM)omahen Wrote: You guys are so easily forgetting Miami was just in the NBA finals while Toronto was 2nd round. We were first round exit. 

Technically yes, but the way to get him is way more difficult. I am more confident now since the Bam extension, if Giannis makes it to free agency. They have to gut the team to get him. Unless Giannis wants exactly that to help out the Bucks, and weaken his new team.

Bucks wont take the "veteran trash" for him in a S & T. Bucks probably demand Hierro / Robinson, and all of the sudden the Heat don't look as pretty anymore. Kinda medicore long term, if your team is Butler/Bam/Giannis and your main options are vet min signings to surround them.
Butler is old, with lots of milage (+ Thibs). And not everyone is Lebron. Bam is basicallly the Giannis copy.

Always thought Giannis wants to stay if he can win a ring. If he leaves, its for WINNING and the Mavs have the best package now. The Heat "advantage" of adding him to cap space and resigning Bam afterwards is gone.

RE: GIANNIS THREAD: says he is still undecided on supermax - Branduil - 12-10-2020

(12-10-2020, 03:18 AM)omahen Wrote: You guys are so easily forgetting Miami was just in the NBA finals while Toronto was 2nd round. We were first round exit. 

Not true, you can have either GA or them, can't have both.
THJ would almost certainly be gone but there are multiple paths to keeping JRich in the unlikely event we get Giannis.

RE: GIANNIS THREAD: says he is still undecided on supermax - Hypermav - 12-10-2020

https://twitter.com/TSN_Sports/status/1336870799236534272?s=20

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/raptors-tamper-with-giannis-antetokounmpo-01es5vxjcsmn

RE: GIANNIS THREAD: says he is still undecided on supermax - dirkfansince1998 - 12-10-2020

(12-10-2020, 08:01 AM)Branduil Wrote: THJ would almost certainly be gone but there are multiple paths to keeping JRich in the unlikely event we get Giannis.

How? Mavs need to give up his caphold to make any max offers. Once they signed a max contract they don´t have the capspace to sign JRich? In a fantasy world they could try to create even more capspace and get rid of any contract outside of Luka, KP and guys on rookie contracts but I am not sure how getting rid of the entire bench depth is going to improve the team.
I guess JRich could opt in but that´s only going to happen if he has a mediocre season. He is in for a big pay day if he performs even close to his pre 76ers level.