MavsBoard
2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart (/showthread.php?tid=206)

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - StepBackJay - 02-05-2020

(02-05-2020, 10:22 AM)BigDirk41 Wrote: I'd give their pick back for Burks and GR3. That's 2 quality rotation players with decent size. Both are quality shooters so I definitely think that makes us better. They would get wide open looks here.

Works for me but GSW I am guessing wouldn't want any money coming back. Also the bigger issue is what player would the Mavs part with to open up the 2nd spot?

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - Kammrath - 02-05-2020

https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1225088501844267008

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - Scott41theMavs - 02-05-2020

I'll say one thing for the Mavs... they did a great job of lowering our expectations with that first night of free agency and the failed Olynyk trade. No way any TDL disappointment and we love our TPE in blue could top that.

Edit: actually, come to think of it, it's frustrating in retrospect that we didn't do that trade, because then we would have had a big to give Orlando for Gordon. Free agency 2019 - the gift that keeps on giving!!!!11!!!1!!1!

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - hakeemfan - 02-05-2020

I would like to get Kuzma. He is undervalued on that Lakers win now squad. Would they be interested in Seth? As much as I love our guys, Kuz would be a long term upgrade.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - fifteenth - 02-05-2020

(02-05-2020, 11:20 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: we love our TPE in blue

LOL Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - Scott41theMavs - 02-05-2020

(02-05-2020, 11:30 AM)hakeemfan Wrote: I would like to get Kuzma. He is undervalued on that Lakers win now squad. Would they be interested in Seth? As much as I love our guys, Kuz would be a long term upgrade.

At this point, I would say Kuzma falls into the category of a reclamation project.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - ItsGoTime - 02-05-2020

(02-05-2020, 11:30 AM)hakeemfan Wrote: I would like to get Kuzma. He is undervalued on that Lakers win now squad. Would they be interested in Seth?  As much as I love our guys, Kuz would be a long term upgrade.
Looks like there was discussion of a Kuzma for RoCo trade at one point wasn't there? That at least tells you what LAL would be looking for in compensation. Not sure Seth is on par with RoCo as far as value. Would Kuzma and KCP be of interest? DW and Seth for KCP and Kuzma is $1.8M off. Add Bradley or McGee and it works, but is more compensation needed? 

Maybe Seth, JJ and GSW for KCP and Kuzma? I don't see them having any want for JJ at all. 

Seth, JB and GSW for KCP and Kuzma might get it done. Is that worth it?

I'd have to be pretty sold on Kuzma to really go after him and I only know what the reports say about him...which means not much at all.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - StepBackJay - 02-05-2020

I don't see any kind of Kuzma Dallas/Lakers match. I don't think he is the type of player they are looking for.

(02-05-2020, 11:59 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: I don't see any kind of Kuzma Dallas/Lakers match. I don't think he is the type of player they are looking for.

We need that third or fourth best guy on a contending team. If the Mavs think he can blossom into that guy with the right coaching, then he definitely fits here.

(02-05-2020, 12:00 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(02-05-2020, 11:59 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: I don't see any kind of Kuzma Dallas/Lakers match. I don't think he is the type of player they are looking for.

We need that third or fourth best guy on a contending team. If the Mavs think he can blossom into that guy with the right coaching, then he definitely fits here.

Offensively he has a high ceiling I think but Mavs need defense at that position and Kuzma is limited in that area. I don't see him as a target really.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - Kidnova - 02-05-2020

Are there any Mavs' related rumors out there at all?  This seems unusually quiet with regards to Dallas rumors for this close to the TDL.

(02-05-2020, 12:23 PM)Kidnova Wrote: Are there any Mavs' related rumors out there at all? This seems unusually quiet with regards to Dallas rumors for this close to the TDL.

That doesn't mean much. Most Dallas trades aren't leaked ahead of time.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - Kammrath - 02-05-2020

(02-05-2020, 12:27 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: That doesn't mean much. Most Dallas trades aren't leaked ahead of time.

I actually think how quiet it is means something is coming. It may or may not be big...but I will be shocked if the Mavs don't do something.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - Kidnova - 02-05-2020

(02-05-2020, 12:27 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(02-05-2020, 12:23 PM)Kidnova Wrote: Are there any Mavs' related rumors out there at all?  This seems unusually quiet with regards to Dallas rumors for this close to the TDL.

That doesn't mean much. Most Dallas trades aren't leaked ahead of time.
Oh, I know they play things close to the vest as much as they can, but it still seems quieter than usual.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - ClutchDirk - 02-05-2020

(02-05-2020, 12:30 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(02-05-2020, 12:27 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: That doesn't mean much. Most Dallas trades aren't leaked ahead of time.

I actually think how quiet it is means something is coming. It may or may not be big...but I will be shocked if the Mavs don't do something.
Dead silence until we got KP last year...same for the Barnes trade... Cool

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - SamStetz - 02-05-2020

(02-05-2020, 12:41 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote:
(02-05-2020, 12:30 PM)Kammrath Wrote:

Dead silence until we got KP last year...same for the Barnes trade... Cool
It has been dead silent on trading Lee, hopefully something is happening there Smile

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - JamesConway - 02-05-2020

I wouldn't mind seeing the Mavs be a bit anticyclical and sell high on a few of the guys we signed last summer. Luka's impact on the players around him is huge.

I doubt that DFS/Maxi/Tim shoot the ball as well elsewhere as they do here.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - ClutchDirk - 02-05-2020

https://twitter.com/MFollowill/status/1225111612673200131

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - JamesConway - 02-05-2020

Also: sucks that Malik Beasley was part of the Capela/RoCo-trade. I would have loved him here and get his RFA-rights.

(02-05-2020, 12:49 PM)JamesConway Wrote: I wouldn't mind seeing the Mavs be a bit anticyclical and sell high on a few of the guys we signed last summer. Luka's impact on the players around him is huge.

I doubt that DFS/Maxi/Tim shoot the ball as well elsewhere as they do here.

I don't think THJ is here longterm. I think the Mavs either trade him next summer or next TDL, or sign someone else when he expires. That said, I wouldn't cut bait on him now because it basically trashes the chemistry and likely the competitiveness the rest of the way.

I think DFS and Maxi have shot just as well without Luka as with, but I'd have to check. In any event, their value contracts and what they provide on the court make them extremely valuable to the Mavs. I'm all for trading them if it brings back a star or potential star, but the sell high idea - nope.