MavsBoard
2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart (/showthread.php?tid=206)

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Stein: Mavs not actively bidding on Roco (TDL Feb 6) - Hypermav - 02-04-2020

(02-04-2020, 11:38 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: Would we give up Curry and GSW #2 with Lee for Gallo?  He's a rental, but Bird Rights would be quite valuable at his level.
I would.  Where do I sign?  Good starter for spare(ish) parts.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Stein: Mavs not actively bidding on Roco (TDL Feb 6) - cow - 02-05-2020

(02-04-2020, 11:38 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote:
(02-04-2020, 11:23 PM)Baller AI Wrote: I have a feeling we are trying to trade for either CP3 or gallo. Not sure if OKC is about it tho, they are in the running to make the playoffs and get swept first round

Would we give up Curry and GSW #2 with Lee for Gallo?  He's a rental, but Bird Rights would be quite valuable at his level.

Asking prices this TDL seem insane so I'm not sure that's enough.  I'm also not sure OKC is hunting for picks.  Is there such a thing as too many picks?  Let's ask Danny Ainge.  Further, after our last game against OKC, I wasn't terribly impressed with Galo (or Adams).  He'll be 32 starting his next contract.  Does he still want 20 million a year?  Are you down for a 3+1 contract at that rate?  Sorry for all the questions.

I wish CP3 only had a year left on his contract.  I'd totally be fine with his insane contract if id didn't go into 21-22.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Stein: Mavs not actively bidding on Roco (TDL Feb 6) - philjuan1 - 02-05-2020

Houston going into small-ball heaven.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Stein: Mavs not actively bidding on Roco (TDL Feb 6) - Baller AI - 02-05-2020

(02-04-2020, 11:34 PM)windjc Wrote: Again,

if we had just signed Butler during the offseason instead of being snowflakes about his potential attitude problems, the Mavs would be championship favorites with potentially the best record in the league right now.

But instead, like snowflakes do, our fanbase is relegated to discussing cursory improvements through mid-season trades that will have no substantial impact on our record, must less move us from 6th seed and most likely first round exit, to real legitimate contender.

Cuban has never been good at this. He is a smart guy, he should be better at this, but he is really quite poor at it.

I couldn't agree more. Butler has the mindset of a champion, and would have fit so perfectly witth KP and Luka

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Stein: Mavs not actively bidding on Roco (TDL Feb 6) - cow - 02-05-2020

(02-05-2020, 12:56 AM)Baller AI Wrote:
(02-04-2020, 11:34 PM)windjc Wrote: Again,

if we had just signed Butler during the offseason instead of being snowflakes about his potential attitude problems, the Mavs would be championship favorites with potentially the best record in the league right now.

But instead, like snowflakes do, our fanbase is relegated to discussing cursory improvements through mid-season trades that will have no substantial impact on our record, must less move us from 6th seed and most likely first round exit, to real legitimate contender.

Cuban has never been good at this. He is a smart guy, he should be better at this, but he is really quite poor at it.

I couldn't agree more. Butler has the mindset of a champion, and would have fit so perfectly witth KP and Luka

Would he have come here?  I mean, he recently referenced Luka glowingly in a post-game interview, but no one really knew what the Mavs would be this year and Cuban is going to out pitch Riley. We couldn't get a serious conversation with Kemba or Beverley and were turned down by Danny Green.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - Baller AI - 02-05-2020

At this point I think it might be foolish to not go for CP3 (if asking price is reasonable) all in the hopes of Giannis coming to Dallas. Would trading for CP make signing a max guy like giannis impossible? Or is it doable with some moves to create space?

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - cow - 02-05-2020

(02-05-2020, 01:13 AM)Baller AI Wrote: At this point I think it might be foolish to not go for CP3 (if asking price is reasonable) all in the hopes of Giannis coming to Dallas. Would trading for CP make signing a max guy like giannis impossible? Or is it doable with some moves to create space?

He'd be on the books in 21-22 for 44m.  Other Mavs contracts in  21-22:

KP - 32.6m
DP - 11m
Wright - 8.5m
Maxi - 8.75m
Luka - 10m (Team Option)
Seth - 8.1m
DFS - 4m
Brunson - 1.8m (not fully guaranteed).

Total with Pual:  ~129m

Giannis with the an extension with the Bucks would be 5yr, 253m.  I think he can make 37.5m in free agency otherwise.

Projected CAP is 125m.  Luxury Tax Threshold is 151m.  

You also need to pay Luka going forward. I don't see Giannis leaving the Bucks and in the off chance he does, would he really come to Dallas?

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Stein: Mavs not actively bidding on Roco (TDL Feb 6) - Baller AI - 02-05-2020

(02-04-2020, 11:38 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote:
(02-04-2020, 11:23 PM)Baller AI Wrote: I have a feeling we are trying to trade for either CP3 or gallo. Not sure if OKC is about it tho, they are in the running to make the playoffs and get swept first round

Would we give up Curry and GSW #2 with Lee for Gallo?  He's a rental, but Bird Rights would be quite valuable at his level.

I feel like Curry is near untouchable right now, the Mavs love him. And as we know the Mavs put loyalty above objectively making the right move (whether thats right or wrong who knows), but yea I don't see them trading Curry

(02-05-2020, 01:30 AM)cow Wrote:
(02-05-2020, 01:13 AM)Baller AI Wrote: At this point I think it might be foolish to not go for CP3 (if asking price is reasonable) all in the hopes of Giannis coming to Dallas. Would trading for CP make signing a max guy like giannis impossible? Or is it doable with some moves to create space?

He'd be on the books in 21-22 for 44m.  Other Mavs contracts in  21-22:

KP - 32.6m
DP - 11m
Wright - 8.5m
Maxi - 8.75m
Luka - 10m (Team Option)
Seth - 8.1m
DFS - 4m
Brunson - 1.8m (not fully guaranteed).

Total with Pual:  ~129m

Giannis with the an extension with the Bucks would be 5yr, 253m.  I think he can make 37.5m in free agency otherwise.

Projected CAP is 125m.  Luxury Tax Threshold is 151m.  

You also need to pay Luka going forward.  I don't see Giannis leaving the Bucks and in the off chance he does, would he really come to Dallas?

I actually do think if he leaves, the Mavs would be the ideal team. As far as fit and timeline goes, we offer the best of both worlds. There aren't really any Luka caliber players that are as young as he is and on competent well-coached teams. I legit think if he leaves, we have a really good chance. That being said, I din't see him leaving unless they get first rounded or something.

I just love the idea of CP3 because both times Houston almost made the finals, CP was the heart and soul of that team and their leader (obviously not harden, that guy scks). And with OKC, he has managed to make them a potential playoff team. I think hes the type of player that makes everyone around him better and can fit seemlessly with most teams. He'd be a great vet presence for all our young guys to extract knowledge from

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - cow - 02-05-2020

This version of CP3 would be perfect for the Mavs. Run the second team and then play alongside Luka to close games. Grossly overpaid but a good fit. It's a go for it all now type of move. And has teams have proven, you can re-arrange your team if a superstar wants to come.

Giannis fits anywhere and we aren't the only young, up-and-coming team. Memphis has a strong core with Ja and JJJ, Pelicans do as well with Zion and Ingram. Lakers can try to lure him with a prime Davis and and elder statesmen Lebron. GSW could also make a push for him. I just don't see him leaving. We should have drafted him, he seems like that loyal of a dude. That probably means no Luka, but Giannis is the better talent and I trust his loyalty more.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - Baller AI - 02-05-2020

Alec Burks could be a nice pickup for cheap. Also the Mavs are closest to the Warriors out if any NBA team as far as trade partner relationships I feel like.

Luka
THJ
DFS
Burks
KP

would be a pretty insane starting lineup

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - Jym - 02-05-2020

He messes with our capspace a bit, but Thaddeus Young seems like a fit for what we need. 
6 of his 14.2 mil in 2021-22 is guaranteed which should be dumpable if needed

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - DanSchwartzgan - 02-05-2020

Remember the trades where I was trying to get Culver and Dieng here.  Those might still be in play if Minnesota and GS can't get a deal together for Russell.  I think Minnesota would love to create some more cap space (they are probably at about $15mm after the trade).  Take $23mm off for Dieng and Culver and add back Wright and you have the cap room for Russell (or a 0-6 RFA).

Luka/Brunson
THJ/Curry
DFS/Culver
Dieng/Maxi
KP/WCS

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - omahen - 02-05-2020

(02-05-2020, 07:02 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: I think Minnesota would love to create some more cap space (they are probably at about $15mm after the trade)

According to my calculations:
- 2020 salary before the trade was 105,7 mil. Substract Covington gets you to 93,6
- add cap holds of Beasley (3,9 mil) and Hernangomez (4,6 mil). Vanderbilt is not guaranteed so I will assume they will cut him. This puts you at 102,2.

This means some 12 mil of cap space. However, if they keep their first round pick (let's say number 7) and Houston first round pick (let's say number 20), this means another 6,9 million of salaries, lowering the available cap to some 5 million only. 

They would be smart to get rid of Dieng and spend money better. So my proposal is: Lee for Dieng and that Houston first rounder. We can add Jackson for Hernangomez if they fill more comfortable.

Edit: the pick is Brookly lottery protected not Houston. So a little better pick, around 17.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - DanSchwartzgan - 02-05-2020

(02-05-2020, 07:21 AM)omahen Wrote:
(02-05-2020, 07:02 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: I think Minnesota would love to create some more cap space (they are probably at about $15mm after the trade)

According to my calculations:
- 2020 salary before the trade was 105,7 mil. Substract Covington gets you to 93,6
- add cap holds of Beasley (3,9 mil) and Hernangomez (4,6 mil). Vanderbilt is not guaranteed so I will assume they will cut him. This puts you at 102,2.

This means some 12 mil of cap space. However, if they keep their first round pick (let's say number 7) and Houston first round pick (let's say number 20), this means another 6,9 million of salaries, lowering the available cap to some 5 million only. 

They would be smart to get rid of Dieng and spend money better. So my proposal is: Lee for Dieng and that Houston first rounder. We can add Jackson for Hernangomez if they fill more comfortable.

I like it (but I like Dieng's D).  I'm not sure you'd get the pick for doing that.  Anything that adds more money to the big rotation is dependent on what the team feels about  WCS.  Is he just an emergency acquisition who will soon join JJB and Bobi as an occasional minutes guy?  Or, do they view him as part of the rotation, meaning no need to bring on someone like Dieng (especially if you are also adding Hernangomez who can get minutes at PF).

You could just do the GSW#2 for Juancho, giving Minnesota even more draft capital to trade.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - omahen - 02-05-2020

(02-05-2020, 07:28 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: I like it (but I like Dieng's D).  I'm not sure you'd get the pick for doing that.  Anything that adds more money to the big rotation is dependent on what the team feels about  WCS.  Is he just an emergency acquisition who will soon join JJB and Bobi as an occasional minutes guy?  Or, do they view him as part of the rotation, meaning no need to bring on someone like Dieng (especially if you are also adding Hernangomez who can get minutes at PF).

You could just do the GSW#2 for Juancho, giving Minnesota even more draft capital to trade.

Dieng is a decent player, but hugely overpaid. Anyone taking that contract will want something for it. I think Culver has higher value than that Brooklyn first rounder. 

Any trade for Russell is involving Wiggins and is basically salary neutral.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - ClutchDirk - 02-05-2020

https://twitter.com/NBACrouse/status/1224739536976171008

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - StepBackJay - 02-05-2020

(02-05-2020, 08:44 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/NBACrouse/status/1224739536976171008

Would cost that GSW pick probably

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - Scott41theMavs - 02-05-2020

Day t-minus 2 and counting...

(02-05-2020, 08:44 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/NBACrouse/status/1224739536976171008
(02-05-2020, 09:34 AM)StepBackJay Wrote:

Would cost that GSW pick probably

JJax for both Burks and GR3. Never mind, GS wants salary relief. The Mavs would have to find takers for two of their players, a la the Roby deal. The GSW pick would be acceptable to me for both of those guys.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - StepBackJay - 02-05-2020

I suppose GSW might as well get under the tax in a tank year so they don't have to deal with repeater stuff next year and beyond. So maybe Mavs can get a player for "free." Mavs would have to waive Lee as part of the move. My guess if you do this as part of a trade you are stuck paying the whole contract vs if it's not tied to a trade you might get a discount on the deal as part of a buyout.

I don't think Mavs are going to make two moves. Broekhoff seems to play well when he's in there. Jackson is still a pretty good prospect, I don't think they would trade him unless they got a late first. The guy I would like to see moved is Boban, but I think his value is so low I don't see him getting moved. They really should have put him on a 1 yr deal.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - BigDirk41 - 02-05-2020

I'd give their pick back for Burks and GR3. That's 2 quality rotation players with decent size. Both are quality shooters so I definitely think that makes us better. They would get wide open looks here.