MavsBoard
2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart (/showthread.php?tid=206)

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Stein: Mavs not actively bidding on Roco (TDL Feb 6) - ClutchDirk - 02-04-2020

(02-04-2020, 05:55 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Any hope on Bogdanovic?
[Image: 101.png]

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Stein: Mavs not actively bidding on Roco (TDL Feb 6) - vfromlmf - 02-04-2020

Honestly I'd love to see the Mavs participate in a blockbuster by absorbing a player into the TE in exchange for a 1st.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Stein: Mavs not actively bidding on Roco (TDL Feb 6) - StepBackJay - 02-04-2020

(02-04-2020, 06:32 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: Honestly I'd love to see the Mavs participate in a blockbuster by absorbing a player into the TE in exchange for a 1st.

Not impossible

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Stein: Mavs not actively bidding on Roco (TDL Feb 6) - ItsGoTime - 02-04-2020

(02-04-2020, 06:32 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: Honestly I'd love to see the Mavs participate in a blockbuster by absorbing a player into the TE in exchange for a 1st.
A 2021 1st would be ideal IMO so as to have more wheelin and dealin opportunity.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Stein: Mavs not actively bidding on Roco (TDL Feb 6) - StepBackJay - 02-04-2020

(02-04-2020, 06:27 PM)MavsFan41ife Wrote: Any trade with Orlando is most likely going to have to include a PG. Wright or Brunson would have to go as that is their biggest need. I would prefer to keep Brunson.

Would like to see Luka with Gordon. Should be a good show.

Haven't seen any chatter around this but Gordon for Wright + Lee + GSW would prob be the offer. Not sure that would move the needle for Magic but that seems like an offer the Mavs would be willing to do.

This summer Mavs would be able to package their #1 as well but then they won't have a large expiring outside of THJ.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Stein: Mavs not actively bidding on Roco (TDL Feb 6) - omahen - 02-04-2020

(02-04-2020, 06:47 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Gordon for Wright + Lee + GSW

Not enough. However Wright, Curry + GSW might start getting interesting for them.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Stein: Mavs not actively bidding on Roco (TDL Feb 6) - Jym - 02-04-2020

(02-04-2020, 06:47 PM)StepBackJay Wrote:
(02-04-2020, 06:27 PM)MavsFan41ife Wrote: Any trade with Orlando is most likely going to have to include a PG. Wright or Brunson would have to go as that is their biggest need. I would prefer to keep Brunson.

Would like to see Luka with Gordon. Should be a good show.

Haven't seen any chatter around this but Gordon for Wright + Lee + GSW would prob be the offer. Not sure that would move the needle for Magic but that seems like an offer the Mavs would be willing to do.

This summer Mavs would be able to package their #1 as well but then they won't have a large expiring outside of THJ.

Yeah going to be disappointing if we just let Lee expire. At the very least we need to find someone that expires next year as an extra chip

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Stein: Mavs not actively bidding on Roco (TDL Feb 6) - Scott41theMavs - 02-04-2020

Things are slower today than I expected, but in 48 hours, we will know whether we did anything, or if we love our TPE and Lee in blue.

(02-04-2020, 07:23 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Things are slower today than I expected, but in 48 hours, we will know whether we did anything, or if we love our TPE and Lee in blue.

I think Lee is gone regardless because Mavs have no use for him. They might as well buy him out and add a vet they will use. Devin Harris is on his couch and would have more use to Rick than Lee at this point.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Stein: Mavs not actively bidding on Roco (TDL Feb 6) - cow - 02-04-2020

Lee's been alright in the few minutes he's been given.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Stein: Mavs not actively bidding on Roco (TDL Feb 6) - Baller AI - 02-04-2020

#FreeROCO

Also I honestly think Mavs FO values Wright more than Brunson. As far as fit with Luka, I don't disagree. I can't see Brunson ever starting with Luka longterm, I can see Wright starting with Luka. Thats not to say Brunsons is not a great player, I think he can be a starting PG right now. But when you have players like Luka, its all about how everyone else fits with him.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Stein: Mavs not actively bidding on Roco (TDL Feb 6) - jesusshuttlesworth82 - 02-04-2020

(02-04-2020, 07:23 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Things are slower today than I expected, but in 48 hours, we will know whether we did anything, or if we love our TPE and Lee in blue.

They might do a minor move (a WCS level wing) but there's really not much for them to do.

They dont have many assets to trade to put together a package for legit talent.
This is a young team that has barely played together (especially KP and Luka).
There's nothing they can do to become a contender right now.

Just let things play out and be opportunistic if something falls in your lap.

Next summer's trade market and/or 2021 free agency will be their big opportunities to do something.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Stein: Mavs not actively bidding on Roco (TDL Feb 6) - Scott41theMavs - 02-04-2020

(02-04-2020, 09:12 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote:

They might do a minor move (a WCS level wing) but there's really not much for them to do.

Next summer's trade market and/or 2021 free agency will be their big opportunities to do something.

I think there might be a deal out there for something. It's just a matter of if our pupu platter can outbid other teams. I would like to see them upgrade Justin at least.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Stein: Mavs not actively bidding on Roco (TDL Feb 6) - SkenfromLMF - 02-04-2020

They might do a minor move (a WCS level wing) but there's really not much for them to do.

Next summer's trade market and/or 2021 free agency will be their big opportunities to do something.

I disagree...

I think the packages of Brunson and Lee/ Wright and Lee with the GS-2 should be able to return a quality piece.

Now whether Dallas is willing to move 2 of those pieces is another question. But Lee and/or the TPE has to be activated before the end of the deadline and pieces will have to move to make that happen, even IF they just turn the exception into a player.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Stein: Mavs not actively bidding on Roco (TDL Feb 6) - jesusshuttlesworth82 - 02-04-2020

(02-04-2020, 09:38 PM)SkenfromLMF Wrote:

I think the packages of Brunson and Lee/ Wright and Lee with the GS-2 should be able to return a quality piece.

Adding our first round pick to that package (on draft night) will return a much better piece.  That's why I don't see many scenarios they trade the GS 2nd and Wrigth/Brunson right now.  There's no need to hurry.  This team is probably going to be around the 6th best team in the west with or without a trade.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Stein: Mavs not actively bidding on Roco (TDL Feb 6) - SkenfromLMF - 02-04-2020

The issue at that point is the ability to take advantage of salary disparity is lost. In order to make a trade that requires a large salary in return we will have to send actual salary of actual assets. (I can't see a team swallowing a Sign and Trade of Courtney Lee).

The concern as I see it is that the cost will actually be greater in the summer to make a move, and I don't see the 1st rd pick (after the fact) adding enough value to offset the costs.

Maybe you're right.

But I haven't seen a name yet that:

1.  I think the Mavs can realistically acquire. or
2.  I want to trade for.

Example: can't acquire Covington.  don't really want Drummond or Iguodala.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Stein: Mavs not actively bidding on Roco (TDL Feb 6) - Baller AI - 02-04-2020

I have a feeling we are trying to trade for either CP3 or gallo. Not sure if OKC is about it tho, they are in the running to make the playoffs and get swept first round

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Stein: Mavs not actively bidding on Roco (TDL Feb 6) - windjc - 02-04-2020

Again,

if we had just signed Butler during the offseason instead of being snowflakes about his potential attitude problems, the Mavs would be championship favorites with potentially the best record in the league right now.

But instead, like snowflakes do, our fanbase is relegated to discussing cursory improvements through mid-season trades that will have no substantial impact on our record, must less move us from 6th seed and most likely first round exit, to real legitimate contender.

Cuban has never been good at this. He is a smart guy, he should be better at this, but he is really quite poor at it.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Stein: Mavs not actively bidding on Roco (TDL Feb 6) - DanSchwartzgan - 02-04-2020

(02-04-2020, 11:23 PM)Baller AI Wrote: I have a feeling we are trying to trade for either CP3 or gallo. Not sure if OKC is about it tho, they are in the running to make the playoffs and get swept first round

Would we give up Curry and GSW #2 with Lee for Gallo?  He's a rental, but Bird Rights would be quite valuable at his level.