MavsBoard
2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart (/showthread.php?tid=206)

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | DAL has "kicked tires" on MKG & RHJ (TDL Feb 6) - Mavs2019 - 02-01-2020

(02-01-2020, 11:09 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I feel like Memphis is trying everything to get something better than Lee+2nd rounder for Iggy. I think Dallas isn't budging which is good.

Iggy is what we need. We need that experience and level of defense, and we're one of the only teams that can actually match salaries.

So he is so awesome, that nobody wants to give up anything for him.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | DAL has "kicked tires" on MKG & RHJ (TDL Feb 6) - dirkfansince1998 - 02-01-2020

(02-01-2020, 12:37 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: Anderson was a secret crush of mine when he was in San Antonio.

For me as well. I don´t like the organization but most guys that went through their development system have great fundamentals. Anderson obviously cannot shoot but he offers size (6´9), defense, ballhandling and passing.

I think the spacing is good enough to find minutes for both him and Iggy. Especially because both actually can play some minutes at PF without giving up a big mismatch.

(02-01-2020, 12:37 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: The Utah 2nd went out in the WCS deal.  

Already forgot that we just traded the pick but the Mavs have enough remaining 2nd rounders to use in any deal. It seems like Memphis isn´t as high on him and I had hopes that they would be happy to get out of his contract.

I think his passing and cutting ability makes up for the lack of shooting and I can envision both Anderson and Iggy as the ball screener for Luka when teams are trying to trap him again. Both have the handles and passing skills to take advantage of those situations.

A rotation with both offers a lot of opportunities:

Luka/Wright/Brunson
THJ/Curry
Iggy/DFS
Kleber/Anderson
KP/WCS

Even a really big defensive lineup with both would be a possibility. RC would still have 3 ballhandlers on the floor and both bigman would be able to space the floor.

Doncic
Iggy
Anderson
Kleber
KP

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | DAL has "kicked tires" on MKG & RHJ (TDL Feb 6) - ClutchDirk - 02-01-2020

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1223656097845796865

Who are we playing tonight?...is Donnie on the plane?...

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | DAL has "kicked tires" on MKG & RHJ (TDL Feb 6) - omahen - 02-01-2020

(02-01-2020, 01:45 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Who are we playing tonight?...is Donnie on the plane?...

Both teams would be looking for an upgrade if they move them, imho. Outside of Luka and KP we unfortunately can't offer that. In any case, we would be in a much better position for such a move on draft day.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | DAL has "kicked tires" on MKG & RHJ (TDL Feb 6) - BigDirk41 - 02-01-2020

Why in the world would they make John Collins available? He's their 2nd best player and only 22. He's a really good player. That's not smart to let that leak.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | DAL has "kicked tires" on MKG & RHJ (TDL Feb 6) - Mavs2019 - 02-01-2020

(02-01-2020, 02:50 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Why in the world would they make John Collins available? He's their 2nd best player and only 22. He's a really good player. That's not smart to let that leak.

Cause it´s Ric Bucher and most likely hot garbage.

I´m not even sure the Myles Turner rumours are true, unless he is raising a massive stink internally.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | DAL has "kicked tires" on MKG & RHJ (TDL Feb 6) - Fuerza1 - 02-01-2020

PJ Dozier, who the Mavs gave up on, is getting healthy minutes and contributing on a contending team in DEN right now. Sometimes I wish the Mavs went this route more often with giving young talent more opportunities. 

Just because we are a playoff team doesn't mean we can't afford these opportunities. If a team like DEN can do it, Mavs should be more open minded. Look at MIA, they pretty much built their contending team this year around previous GLeague talent.

GLeague talent pool is a lot better these days. RHJ, MKG, guys of that ilk could be another useful body but at this point, why not give a guy like Reaves 15-20 mins per night and see what happens?

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | DAL has "kicked tires" on MKG & RHJ (TDL Feb 6) - omahen - 02-01-2020

(02-01-2020, 03:11 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: why not give a guy like Reaves 15-20 mins per night and see what happens

Totally agree

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | DAL has "kicked tires" on MKG & RHJ (TDL Feb 6) - StepBackJay - 02-01-2020

(02-01-2020, 01:11 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote:
(02-01-2020, 11:09 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I feel like Memphis is trying everything to get something better than Lee+2nd rounder for Iggy. I think Dallas isn't budging which is good.

Iggy is what we need. We need that experience and level of defense, and we're one of the only teams that can actually match salaries.

The teams that want him don't have the matching contracts. Clippers are the closest thing and they might like Harkless more. Lakers, Rox, Bucks, Clips would love to have him if he's bought out.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | DAL has "kicked tires" on MKG & RHJ (TDL Feb 6) - StepBackJay - 02-01-2020

I like RHJ, he could be a target this summer. My issue is, what is the Raptors motivation to move him? He is a cheap, decent rotation player. They will be in the playoffs. So why would they need to move him if the Mavs aren't going to offer them anything good? I would presume Mavs are looking for something on the cheap.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | DAL has "kicked tires" on MKG & RHJ (TDL Feb 6) - SleepingHero - 02-01-2020

(02-01-2020, 01:11 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote:

I mean, he's awesome for his role. The combination of his experience, defensive talent, passing ability, and versatility is rare, and is invaluable for the role he'd play in for a contender. 

Value is in the eye of the beholder however. Memphis wants the best assets for him, but the issue is the teams with the best assets (lottery level teams) aren't in the market for what Iggy brings. So thats the first factor leading to a depressed market. The teams that would give up assets for Iggy are playoff teams, but it's hard for most of the playoff teams to match Iggy's contract of 17 million. It'd require a high priced contract, which is usually a rotation player on these teams to make the trade work. And history tells us playoff teams aren't trying to shake their entire foundation in the middle of the season just to add a role player. 

That's why both the LA teams are pressuring for a buyout. That way they can just add a high level rotation player for free. Mavs are one of the few that can match salaries and be in the market for his services. This is why the Mavs shouldn't be in a rush for a deal with Memphis and why they shouldn't overpay. 

So yes Iggy is awesome, and any playoff team would want him. But you saying nobody wants to give anything for him is so far off the mark.

(02-01-2020, 01:45 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1223656097845796865

Who are we playing tonight?...is Donnie on the plane?...

What the....

Why in the world is Atlanta trying to give up Collins?? Dude is a lethal PnR guy and athletic as hell. He'd be interesting next to KP....

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | DAL has "kicked tires" on MKG & RHJ (TDL Feb 6) - Jym - 02-01-2020

(02-01-2020, 02:50 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Why in the world would they make John Collins available? He's their 2nd best player and only 22. He's a really good player. That's not smart to let that leak.

Just Bucher making crap up like usual I'm guessing

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | DAL has "kicked tires" on MKG & RHJ (TDL Feb 6) - DanSchwartzgan - 02-02-2020

(02-01-2020, 09:53 AM)vfromlmf Wrote: I have to think RH-J and MC-W mentions from Townsend are intended to apply pressure to Memphis. Those players aren’t in Iggy’s class. But they fit the same role as 14-20 MIN Power Wings (I like that term Dan!) / defending small-ball fours. This is a role I’ve pinned for all year. 

Mavs need more size / physicality on the floor when KP plays 5. And they need big defenders to matchup with teams like Boston, Clippers (and even Phoenix).

Note that Rick Bonnell and Brad Townsend were both involved in the report.  Bonnell is very well connected in Charlotte.  Obviously this could be as simple as Lee and some cash for MKG (another initials guy).

My question is whether we would prefer checking on the upside of Monk or just stick with Jackson (who's spot in the rotation would be highly marginalized by MKG).  I don't think MKG's outside shot is fixable.  But, he's got the size and defensive chops to spend some time on guys like Leonard and Lebron.  Charlotte likes NC guys (Jackson) and Dallas likes Schwartz guys (Monk).  Its not like we need more depth at SG, but as lottery tickets go, does Monk have more upside than Jackson?

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | DAL has "kicked tires" on MKG & RHJ (TDL Feb 6) - vfromlmf - 02-02-2020

Meant MKG, not MCW. Anyway, on Monk for Jackson, there’s talent on both sides. If we’re talking versatility, I actually prefer the idea of Jackson as a scoring 3/4 especially if the Mavs add a defensive 3/4 like MKG. A Jackson/MKG pair would give Carlisle more options at small-ball 4. 

But Jackson has never really found consistency as a scorer, has he. I do like the cultural fit though.

There have some grumblings about Monk in Charlotte but hard to know what’s real. 

I think I like a simple Lee+2nd —> MKG

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | DAL has "kicked tires" on MKG & RHJ (TDL Feb 6) - StepBackJay - 02-02-2020

If MKG is the best you can get he's at least someone that Rick will play vs Lee who is glued to the bench. Mavs how so much offense you can live with MKG being the one guy on the floor with no shot. You probably wouldn't play him and WCS at the same time. I haven't watched him much but if his defense is legit maybe that can help us slow down some of these big physical scorers. Also Ricky is known for fixing first round busts (altho not necessarily in half a season). I bet MKG would be the last option for Donnie if all else fails. Charlotte would likely trade him to save face that they got something for him even if it's a worthless pick or even a conditional pick.

(02-02-2020, 10:11 AM)vfromlmf Wrote: Meant MKG, not MCW. Anyway, on Monk for Jackson, there’s talent on both sides. If we’re talking versatility, I actually prefer the idea of Jackson as a scoring 3/4 especially if the Mavs add a defensive 3/4 like MKG. A Jackson/MKG pair would give Carlisle more options at small-ball 4. 

But Jackson has never really found consistency as a scorer, has he. I do like the cultural fit though.

There have some grumblings about Monk in Charlotte but hard to know what’s real. 

I think I like a simple Lee+2nd —> MKG

I don't see Mavs cashing in their young guys right now. The time would probably be this summer. Wright and Jackson seem like candidates for flipping. Wright and Brunson are redundant. It's great when Doncic is hurt because we have other guys who can give quality minutes but long term it would be better to cash in those guys for a defensive wing. JJB still gives quality minutes as a 3rd PG option. I don't see Curry being moved bc you always need shooters.

This summer Mavs could do some big trade for Roco or someone else that includes Jackson, Wright, GSW and their first round pick.

Mavs can get RoCo now or later, have a good team next year with a short term MLE guy or two and still have a Max slot open in 2021. I would target Oladipo or Jrue Holiday to take over THJ's spot in the starting lineup. Holiday is oft injured and getting older but is probably the best guy you can get.

Doncic
Holiday or Oladipo
DFS
RoCo
KP

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | DAL has "kicked tires" on MKG & RHJ (TDL Feb 6) - Scott41theMavs - 02-02-2020

Brunson really raised his trade stock, methinks, with that game against the Hawks. Only problem is, he looked so good and so high-potential at points that I'll be somewhat dismayed if we trade him, unless we get a really nice return.

Day t-minus 5 and counting.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | DAL has "kicked tires" on MKG & RHJ (TDL Feb 6) - Scott41theMavs - 02-02-2020

I have to admit, I have some visions of sugarplums - sugarplums like RoCo, Bog, Aaron Gordon, Markannen, Gallo, Turner, RHJ, or maybe Fournier - dancing in my head. We'll probably get Iggy if we're lucky and perhaps another reclamation project in trade for Justin. I think I would miss DFS, Curry, Wright, and Brunson if we traded any of them anyway. Only a few days left.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | DAL has "kicked tires" on MKG & RHJ (TDL Feb 6) - Mavs2019 - 02-02-2020

I think approaching teams about players like MKG is also about the summer. Realistically he´ll be a minimum level reclamation project next summer and you already showing him interest, even if it´s probably just a straight swap for Lee and some cash.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | DAL has "kicked tires" on MKG & RHJ (TDL Feb 6) - DanSchwartzgan - 02-02-2020

(02-02-2020, 05:28 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: I think approaching teams about players like MKG is also about the summer. Realistically he´ll be a minimum level reclamation project next summer and you already showing him interest, even if it´s probably just a straight swap for Lee and some cash.

Right...you’d have Bird Rights if things work out or if you need him to be part of a S&T.  Even if he does very little, he brings more as a 26 year old to the summer table than Lee.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | DAL has "kicked tires" on MKG & RHJ (TDL Feb 6) - StepBackJay - 02-02-2020

(02-02-2020, 05:28 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: I think approaching teams about players like MKG is also about the summer. Realistically he´ll be a minimum level reclamation project next summer and you already showing him interest, even if it´s probably just a straight swap for Lee and some cash.

Exactly