MavsBoard
2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart (/showthread.php?tid=206)

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL looking for wing & big help - Baller AI - 01-24-2020

I'm a huge fan of the Patton signing, he had a 45pt/13rb/9as/6blk game last week down in the g-league. Considering what we gave back, great trade to fill a position of need. Also the man was behind Adams and Noel so it makes sense why he isn't playing as much as he could. I think hes a low risk high reward trade which is perfect for what we need. Still excited to see who Lee will be traded for.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL looking for wing & big help - JamesConway - 01-24-2020

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1220846435618447360?s=21

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL looking for wing & big help - omahen - 01-24-2020

Ah crap

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1220846890767523841

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL looking for wing & big help - Kammrath - 01-24-2020

[Image: Screenshot-2020-01-24-at-5.24.54-PM.png]

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL looking for wing & big help - Jym - 01-24-2020

(01-24-2020, 06:26 PM)Kammrath Wrote: [Image: Screenshot-2020-01-24-at-5.24.54-PM.png]

I wonder what we used for WCS 
I'm assuming part of the Barnes TPE

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL looking for wing & big help - Kammrath - 01-24-2020

(01-24-2020, 06:30 PM)Jym Wrote: I wonder what we used for WCS 
I'm assuming part of the Barnes TPE

Great question.

https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/1220848748001136640

I don't know if because he is a minimum player whether it doesn't apply.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL looking for wing & big help - cow - 01-24-2020

I miss *checks notes* Justin Patton already.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL looking for wing & big help - Scott41theMavs - 01-24-2020

This WCS trade is a very savvy and wise one. WCS is an actually-usable center. I have been beating the drum for the Mavs to get 1) wing help, 2) a replacement for Powell, and 3) another scrub big to shore up the big rotation for when KP is out. Does WCS solve the Powell problem longterm? Or is he the scrub big? He falls somewhere in between, at virtually no cost (he's either #2 at a ridiculously cheap cost, or #3 on steroids), and the Mavs still have Lee and the TPE to improve the wings and get another big. Or, they could combine Lee with one of their guard corps, and then use the TPE to replace the guard. Flexibility! 

My only fear right now is that the Mavs will be so smug with this acquisition that they won't use both Lee and the TPE to improve the team. They are in no position to fail to use any other opportunities that come their way.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL looking for wing & big help - StepBackJay - 01-24-2020

(01-24-2020, 06:45 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: This WCS trade is a very savvy and wise one. WCS is an actually-usable center. I have been beating the drum for the Mavs to get 1) wing help, 2) a replacement for Powell, and 3) another scrub big to shore up the big rotation for when KP is out. Does WCS solve the Powell problem longterm? Or is he the scrub big? He falls somewhere in between, at virtually no cost (he's either #2 at a ridiculously cheap cost, or #3 on steroids), and the Mavs still have Lee and the TPE to improve the wings and get another big. Or, they could combine Lee with one of their guard corps, and then use the TPE to replace the guard. Flexibility! 

My only fear right now is that the Mavs will be so smug with this acquisition that they won't use both Lee and the TPE to improve the team. They are in no position to fail to use any other opportunities that come their way.

I am pretty confident they will get a wing. RoCo is the dream but hard to get my hopes up for that. Still think Iggy is maybe the most likely possibility honestly. There are other options out there. I don't think Mavs are making 2 moves, I feel like they are just going to make 1 move which is swapping Lee for someone and calling it a day. If they can't get anybody they will waive him if they can get something better in the buyout market. I don't think the Mavs want to waive Broekhoff.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL looking for wing help - Scott41theMavs - 01-24-2020

Chuck Cooperstein is acting like the Barnes TPE is all gone since the Mavs used part of it to acquire WCS. Not how exceptions work, Chuck. We have almost all of it still left.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL looking for wing help - Kammrath - 01-24-2020

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/1220897748368621568

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL looking for wing help - Scott41theMavs - 01-24-2020

(01-24-2020, 09:42 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/1220897748368621568

WTH do they mean, they "don't have room?" Is Noah a waiver-wire guy whose contract is big and would have to be absorbed? Pretty sure not, which means that he's talking in terms of roster, which deserves a huge banghead smiley. It's not that I want Noah - hell no - but it's how I've said it scores of times - the Mavs needed another big like water in the desert before the Powell injury; now they need two. They got one. The idea that "there's no roster room for another big" is horseshit of the highest order which I would love to sling into Mark, Donnie, and RC's faces if they're really so cataclysmically stupid as to believe that garbage.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL looking for wing help - ClutchDirk - 01-24-2020

https://twitter.com/DaneMooreNBA/status/1220888260743958528

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6Mbj2w67HnPQKgcE/giphy.gif

https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/1220894812578119682

https://media.giphy.com/media/ce1x5VblkD69i/giphy.gif

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL looking for wing help - StepBackJay - 01-24-2020

(01-24-2020, 09:48 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(01-24-2020, 09:42 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/1220897748368621568

WTH do they mean, they "don't have room?" Is Noah a waiver-wire guy whose contract is big and would have to be absorbed? Pretty sure not, which means that he's talking in terms of roster, which deserves a huge banghead smiley. It's not that I want Noah - hell no - but it's how I've said it scores of times - the Mavs needed another big like water in the desert before the Powell injury; now they need two. They got one. The idea that "there's no roster room for another big" is horseshit of the highest order which I would love to sling into Mark, Donnie, and RC's faces if they're really so cataclysmically stupid as to believe that garbage.

Ya I think the issue is Boban is the other big who should get minutes but he is a bit player. I am not too concerned. I think WCS will step right in and play 20+ mpg as a starter with Maxi getting a lot of minutes. Rick goes small otherwise with a sprinkling of Boban every now and again. Their next move is going to be a wing.

(01-24-2020, 10:26 PM)StepBackJay Wrote:
(01-24-2020, 09:48 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:

Ya I think the issue is Boban is the other big who should get minutes but he is a bit player. I am not too concerned. I think WCS will step right in and play 20+ mpg as a starter with Maxi getting a lot of minutes. Rick goes small otherwise with a sprinkling of Boban every now and again. Their next move is going to be a wing.

Bobi only counts if they're going to play him a lot more frequently and for a lot more minutes. He didn't even play against Porklamb, for freak's sake.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL looking for wing help - Branduil - 01-25-2020

I'm guessing all Dallas has offered Minny so far is something like Lee+JJax+GS 2nd and Minny probably wants a PG instead.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL looking for wing help - burekemde - 01-25-2020

(01-25-2020, 12:44 AM)Branduil Wrote: I'm guessing all Dallas has offered Minny so far is something like Lee+JJax+GS 2nd and Minny probably wants a PG instead.

One Major question and decision Mavs need to make, is if they trade any PG, who that should be, Brunson or Wright? That's the question Mavs WILL face eventually.

In my opinion, both these players are good bench players already. Both these players have some upside, to become quiet better, especially Brunson. Brunson is 23 while Wright is 27. Both players have one key component to their game, a major weapon. Wright can make cuts like nobody on this team, its incredible the creases he can get into and finish around the basket. Brunson is very polished, smart all around player. Both have shortcomings. Wright is not much a shooter, and his D was not as advertised so far. Brunson does not excel in any particular category, and has not been clutch, and you can also question his defense even more.

Both players to me are not the typical PG's. In the sense that they don't create for others as much, but can really create on their own and finish. Wright with the cuts and finishes around the rim. Brunson can penetrate and create a post like situation where he starts to make multiple fakes, and then makes the 2 point shot, he is great at this really. To me both players are actually more suited to play SG rather than being primary creators. Both players have potential to once become starters alongside Luka as SG, but both are severly hindered by their shooting and that THJ is far better at that. Thus unless one of them becomes a deadly outside shooter, they are both destined to be bench players.

I think bench is quiet important part of making a deep run into playoffs. So far the bench has not played nearly as well as we thought initially with this roster. We all thought they would dominate, but they don't. Its important to identify why and try to create a better bench unit. It seems also there are fit issues among the bench players. Wright, Brunson, JJB, Curry, it is a small unit. And JJ has not produced as hoped. Boban is great offensively, but not defensively.

To be honest I think Brunson is the main guy to keep and he can provide you a leader for the bench unit next 10 years, with potential to also become starter. He has by far the most upside given his age and that he is all around player. If he develops his shooting and defense, he has starter championship potential as SG next to Luka. If he does not develop it, he will be great bench player for next 10 years. Either way, it's a win-win for Mavs to keep Brunson.

Wright and Curry provide great depth on this team and would be great to keep if possible, but are not essential in that sense, as they are less likely to develop into stars, as Brunson potentially still can (still this is limited potential, but still possible).

By all means Mavs should look to keep Brunson, Wright and Curry. And try to deal Lee, JJ and picks in order to improve the team. But if any need to be traded I would say Curry or Wright should be first, and let Brunson be on the non-tradable list.

These are non tradable players to me that can build a dynasty around:

1. Luka
2. KP
3. Maxi
4. Brunson

Build the team around this. That's the players with winner mentality. Thats the players that are team players. And that's the players that have long time more to play in this league. That's the players that have all around skills, and either already have ability, or become two way players.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL looking for wing help - Branduil - 01-25-2020

To be honest the more I think about it the more I think a RoCo for Wright+ swap makes sense for both teams. Delon is a good player but it's a tough fit for him here since he can't shoot off-ball with Luka and he has to share the ball with multiple other bench guys. He could have a much bigger role in Minny. And getting RoCo means we could move DoDo to the bench and clear up the guard logjam.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL looking for wing help - burekemde - 01-25-2020

(01-25-2020, 07:40 AM)Branduil Wrote: To be honest the more I think about it the more I think a RoCo for Wright+ swap makes sense for both teams. Delon is a good player but it's a tough fit for him here since he can't shoot off-ball with Luka and he has to share the ball with multiple other bench guys. He could have a much bigger role in Minny. And getting RoCo means we could move DoDo to the bench and clear up the guard logjam.
'

great idea, this makes sense indeed. We become better defensively on the wing. Minny needs a PG and he has been playing so well, he just doesnt fit in here. He also doesnt fit in with the bench players. Keeping Brunson and adding Covington to make the championship run this year possible, would be great value. We are not getting there without defense.

WCS and Covington makes us much stronger defensively, and importantly, it does not change the role of players or the style of play any different. Playbook remains the same. You just get an upgrade defensively in WCS over Powell, rim rolling stays the same. You get upgrade in RoCo over DFS.

bench improves a lot, since then Brunson/JJB can really take charge as PG's for the bench. And DFS will significantly upgrade the bench. Brunson and DFS on bench is way better fit than Brunson and Wright.

I really like this idea.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL looking for wing help - dirkfansince1998 - 01-25-2020

(01-25-2020, 07:09 AM)burekemde Wrote: I think bench is quiet important part of making a deep run into playoffs. So far the bench has not played nearly as well as we thought initially with this roster. We all thought they would dominate, but they don't. Its important to identify why and try to create a better bench unit. It seems also there are fit issues among the bench players. Wright, Brunson, JJB, Curry, it is a small unit. And JJ has not produced as hoped. Boban is great offensively, but not defensively.

Mavs bench ranks 5th in PPG and 2nd in net rating. Compared to other teams the bench has been the Mavs biggest strength.