MavsBoard
2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart (/showthread.php?tid=206)

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - StepBackJay - 01-23-2020

(01-23-2020, 05:51 PM)Baller AI Wrote: If plan A: Covington/Dieng
fails, any chance we could go for Aldridge? Hes not really a rim roller, but I think he could still bring a ton of value to this team and give us a different dimension

No on Aldridge. Powell torched him. On the other end he torched Powell with his shot but he is just not a complete player at this stage of his career. We need defense and rim rolling more than we need a good post-up player.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - Jym - 01-23-2020

(01-23-2020, 05:51 PM)Baller AI Wrote: If plan A: Covington/Dieng
fails, any chance we could go for Aldridge? Hes not really a rim roller, but I think he could still bring a ton of value to this team and give us a different dimension

I'd like the fit but he makes too much to work really. 
The Spurs taking on THJ's money makes little sense and he's playing too good for us to trade him without another guard like Bogdan coming in

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - StepBackJay - 01-23-2020

(01-23-2020, 05:56 PM)Baller AI Wrote: I feel like if we can't get Dieng, Aldridge, Adams or something like Bog/dedmon, the best option might be save the GS 2nd on a young center, and try to sign a couple guys like faried noah or whatever for this season

WCS would be a really nice pickup. I do think GSW would want their pick back. I like Faried a lot, I want to know his health condition. Noah doesn't seem to fit what the Mavs need in terms of a guy that can run out to defend the perimeter. I don't think Mavs would get Dieng absent a RoCo deal in that they might rather use Lee's contract for something else like Andre Iguodala. It would be nice to have a large expiring though next year.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - fifteenth - 01-23-2020

I listened to Locked on Mavs today and they threw out some ideas that we haven't talked about much

Here are some tidbits:
  • Isaac thinks Aaron Banes would be a best case scenario and that he will get traded somewhere
  • Gosol and Turner: teams are rolling and won't be sellers.
  • They think Tristan Thompson is a great fit but that Cleveland will hold out for a great deal
  • Isaac also likes Rashan Holmes

I don't get what is Cleveland going to get for Thompson other than a 2nd round pick or two and an expiring contact? I like Thompson a lot but he's not a guy you trade real assets for.

Aaron Baynes would also be awesome. I think that GSW pick will net us somebody good.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - cow - 01-23-2020

Thomson would make me a sad puppy.

I wonder what the Mavs offer for RoCo looked like especially with the recent report that they weren't willing to give up the young guys .

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - Aussiebballer - 01-23-2020

If they aren't willing to give up Brunson or Jackson then they aren't willing to trade much of anything.

If they consider Jackson to be part of the young core then I have no idea how they value talent.
Dude has shown nothing to indicate he will be a rotation player in the NBA.

I am happy to trade some combo of Wright, Brunson, Jackson, GSW 2nd for Covington.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - cow - 01-23-2020

I know it's mean, but I just can't stand Jackson's posture. It always looks like he's hunched over. I'd help he and Bruson pack their bags in a trade.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - Aussiebballer - 01-23-2020

How about...
Kings get
Wright
Brunson
Roby
Lee

Dallas get
Bogi
Dedmon
Joseph

Dedmon and Joseph only have partial guarantees in 2021 but could be useful bench players this and next season
Bogi gives Dallas a great 3rd scorer, 3pt shooter

Kings get Wright to be the first guard off the bench.
Brunson to be the backup PG behind Fox.
Save a crap load of money moving forward, which is big with Heild extension kicking in and Fox's extension in a couple of seasons.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - Kammrath - 01-23-2020

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1220414476459094016

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - Baller AI - 01-24-2020

(01-23-2020, 06:06 PM)StepBackJay Wrote:
(01-23-2020, 05:56 PM)Baller AI Wrote: I feel like if we can't get Dieng, Aldridge, Adams or something like Bog/dedmon, the best option might be save the GS 2nd on a young center, and try to sign a couple guys like faried noah or whatever for this season

WCS would be a really nice pickup. I do think GSW would want their pick back. I like Faried a lot, I want to know his health condition. Noah doesn't seem to fit what the Mavs need in terms of a guy that can run out to defend the perimeter. I don't think Mavs would get Dieng absent a RoCo deal in that they might rather use Lee's contract for something else like Andre Iguodala. It would be nice to have a large expiring though next year.
I don't want Iggy unless we make a frontcourt move as well. He will leave after this year, hes made it known he wants to be in LA. Unless we can really contend hes not worth it imo

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - SkenfromLMF - 01-24-2020

If you believe in negotiating through the media, then they must have an offer of the GSW pick or other seconds for the TPE.

My Hope is that Minnesota so desires Brunson and Dallas is reluctant to deal him and Jackson.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL looking for wing & big help - TXBamanut - 01-24-2020

The Stepback with Dalton Trigg offered an option that I hadn't thought about, but he's just a good fit, probably not real.

Meyers Leonard in Miami --- 7'1", 260lbs, 43% from 3, 6 points, 5 rebounds, .3 blocks in 20 minutes. 11 million on the last year of his deal.

There's no way Miami cuts this guy loose.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL looking for wing & big help - Baller AI - 01-24-2020

What about a trade for Love and Nance Jr? Nance Jr is probably the most similar player in the NBA to DP. And of course Love for obvious reasons

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL looking for wing & big help - DanSchwartzgan - 01-24-2020

(01-24-2020, 01:24 AM)TXBamanut Wrote: The Stepback with Dalton Trigg offered an option that I hadn't thought about, but he's just a good fit, probably not real.

Meyers Leonard in Miami --- 7'1", 260lbs, 43% from 3, 6 points, 5 rebounds, .3 blocks in 20 minutes. 11 million on the last year of his deal.

There's no way Miami cuts this guy loose.

The Athletic had a piece yesterday where they do a deep dive on things the Miami front office should consider doing before the TDL.  Anything involving significant salary meant sending out either Leonard or Olynyk.  I think the path to Leonard is being the third team in a deal Miami is doing with someone else.  He fits in our TPE, so the third team doesn't have to take all of the salary Miami is forced to send out (recall, Miami is hard capped and can't do a trade that takes in more salary than they send out).

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL looking for wing & big help - ItsGoTime - 01-24-2020

Maybe Min at this point can play hardball on the return of RoCo at this point cause they see him as the main piece in a Russell trade. Hopefully by the end of the TDL they see GSW not budging and they make a deal with Dal. Then in the offseason they put together a deal that becomes more enticing to the win now Warriors? I guess the hole in that theory is RoCo would be central and Key in any win now trade for Russell.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL looking for wing & big help - omahen - 01-24-2020

(01-24-2020, 10:10 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Maybe Min at this point can play hardball on the return of RoCo at this point cause they see him as the main piece in a Russell trade. Hopefully by the end of the TDL they see GSW not budging and they make a deal with Dal. Then in the offseason they put together a deal that becomes more enticing to the win now Warriors? I guess the hole in that theory is RoCo would be central and Key in any win now trade for Russell.

I just don't see GSW taking Dieng or Wiggins for a Russell trade. Unless Minny would give something like RoCo, Culver and Layman.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL looking for wing & big help - ItsGoTime - 01-24-2020

Also, I find it hard to believe there are any ongoing negotiations if all Dal offered was what some above are speculating the Mavs offer is/was. I could be wrong but Lee and a couple young guys doesn’t sound like an offer that helps them build now around KAT as has been reported.

(01-24-2020, 10:13 AM)omahen Wrote: I just don't see GSW taking Dieng or Wiggins for a Russell trade. Unless Minny would give something like RoCo, Culver and Layman.
I won't attempt to speculate on what GSW will or will not accept. Looks to me like they mostly need better bigs. However, in the offseason they will have capspace that they can use in the form of a TE to bridge any salary gap (RoCo and Okogie for Russell maybe? Maybe add in Layman?). That is also the time to fill in any gaps in roster spots that a lopsided # of players in trade creates.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL looking for wing & big help - Scott41theMavs - 01-24-2020

Day t-minus 14 and counting.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL looking for wing & big help - omahen - 01-24-2020

According to Shams Mavs are first looking to free up a roster spot for flexibility. I wonder if we can move Bro or Roby for a second. Otherwise it is very likely they will have to cut one of them.