MavsBoard
2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart (/showthread.php?tid=206)

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - radioaktiv - 01-23-2020

I agree with The Mej route if we're going with signing some stop-gap C without spending assets.

https://www.goldenstateofmind.com/2020/1/22/21077850/2020-nba-golden-state-warriors-trade-rumors-dallas-mavericks-willie-cauley-stein

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - cow - 01-23-2020

Did the tires completely fall off of Looney?

MBT not wanting to part with Brunson or Jackson is weird, especially Jackson. Maybe they have something cooking in the off season for Brunson.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - vfromlmf - 01-23-2020

List of available (former) starting centers

Andrew Bogut
Zaza Pachulia
Greg Monroe
Channing Frye
Amir Johnson
Kosta Koufos
Timofey Mozgov
Joakim Noah

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - cow - 01-23-2020

(01-23-2020, 01:01 AM)vfromlmf Wrote: List of available (former) starting centers

Andrew Bogut
Zaza Pachulia
Greg Monroe
Channing Frye
Amir Johnson
Kosta Koufos
Timofey Mozgov
Joakim Noah

Woof.  Do Bogut, Pachulia, Frye, Johnson or Mozgov have anything left in the tank?  Not that they'd be good fits but would Koufos or Monroe leave their Euro teams?  Probably why we were sniffing around Noah.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - Luka_Magic - 01-23-2020

Wonder if Mej would even be willing to pack up and fly back to the States after we shuffled him off and given how they are smack dab in the middle of real Madrid's season with the liga endesa.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - vfromlmf - 01-23-2020

I don't think anyone on the list can guard pick & roll.

BTW - It's funny that so many people complained about Powell's post defense. Post-ups are a tiny fraction of modern NBA offense (and there's really only of couple of efficient post scorers regardless of the defender anyway) meanwhile Powell was solid in PnR defense and teams run it nearly every time down. 

Count me skeptical that Noah or anyone else on the list can still play.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - aguiar95 - 01-23-2020

Kevin O'Connor from The Ringer mentioned the Mavs a lot:

- One of the teams aloong with the 76ers who expressed intrest in Gallinari;
- Mavs continue to be cited as landing spot for Iguodala;
- Mavs have made offers for Covington, but all declined for now.

Willy Hernangomez is dying to play here with KP and Luka:

"Of course it will be a dream to play again with Luka and with Kristaps, who have been my companions. You never know what is going to happen and where you are going to be, but right now I am focused on trying to take advantage of the opportunities, on playing anywhere and being able to give the maximum of me. With Luka we are always supporting each other, always playing the game console, talking on FaceTime… It makes me very happy for how he is playing, for how he is dominating the league and that he is always there, giving us courage to my brother and me, because he knows they are difficult times."

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - omahen - 01-23-2020

(01-23-2020, 08:59 AM)aguiar95 Wrote: One of the teams aloong with the 76ers who expressed intrest in Gallinari

We would break all records in 3 points attempted if we sign him Smile I'm affraid he would be too expensive. On the other hand - which of the contenders has the contracts to trade for him without giving up core players?

(01-23-2020, 08:59 AM)aguiar95 Wrote: Mavs have made offers for Covington, but all declined for now

Still plenty of time

(01-23-2020, 08:59 AM)aguiar95 Wrote: Willy Hernangomez is dying to play here with KP and Luka

That is great, but let's be honest. He is probably nothing more than third string center on any team. If at least he would develop an outside shot.

Bjelica is also an interesting option. He is not a rim runner, but can play defense against stronger guys and hit a three. Shouldn't be extremely expensive.

Nice read. General consensus - get Covington if possible and cheap center.

https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2020/1/23/21078011/roundtable-what-should-the-mavericks-do-now-dwight-powell-injury

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - matt6715 - 01-23-2020

In my mind, the target has to be a guy who would give us something different than Boban does if you just give him 10-15 consistent minutes a game. I have no interest in another lumbering big man who can't stay in front of guards, because we already essentially the best version of that player on the roster.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - SleepingHero - 01-23-2020

(01-23-2020, 08:59 AM)aguiar95 Wrote: One of the teams aloong with the 76ers who expressed intrest in Gallinari;

Interesting. The 76ers are dying to get some shooters. They're name was long linked with Covington, Bogdonavic, now Gallo. 

I wonder if the Mavs can try a 3-way trade

With either 1 of Gallo, or RoCo going to Philly. 

Philly sending Horford to the Mavs. 

Mavs send Wright, Jackson, Lee, and multiple 2nds. 

And the Wolves (I don't think OKC is giving up this season) get compensation.

This way the 76ers swap out the weird fit of Horford for a wing shooter that they desperately need, Mavs get their replacement big, and Wolves get a big package for RoCo.

I know another poster posted a similar trade here, but I can't remember who. Either way I like the idea.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - ItsGoTime - 01-23-2020

(01-22-2020, 10:03 PM)Aussiebballer Wrote: Yeah unfortunately they have Roby, Bro and now Powell on the roster not contributing with injury or DNP-CD.

Need to transfer Lee into a decent big on a 1 or 2 year deal.
Dieng probably the easiest, with or without Covington.
Wood for Detroit would actually be a great replacement but he is looking great for them at the moment and will be Drummonds replacement if they can offload him.
Dedmon could be a cheap get, in terms of assets not salary Smile

Myles Turner would be my main target, but he is a really hard player to figure out what Indy expects to get back.
Maybe a 3 team trade with the Magic..
Orlando get Lee, Jackson, Wright, GSW 2nd
Indy get Gordon, Frazier
Dallas get Turner, Sampson, Iwundu
Here's my dream scenario that won't happen:

Sac gets Vucevic and Iwundu
Orl gets Warren, Wright, Hardaway, Giles and 1 second each from Sac and Ind
Ind gets KP
Dal gets Turner, Bog, Gordon, Dedmon, a first and second from Ind and first from Sac

Turn around and trade:

RoCo for TE, GSW second and Sac first
Dieng for Lee, JJ and Boban

Rotation:
Luka/JB
Bog/Curry
RoCo/DFS
Gordon/Maxi
Turner/Dieng or Dedmon

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - HanspardsShowerVoice - 01-23-2020

(01-22-2020, 07:40 PM)Baller AI Wrote: Mavs need to go for ROCO/Dieng, Bogdanovic/Dedmon, or CP3/Adams

All of the above are wasting away on incompetent teams and trading for them would be beneficial to both parties. Ideally we don't lost anything more than a combination of Wright/Jackson/Lee/GS 2nd/Utah 2nd

This reduces the pressure on our current roster and hopefully will help prevent more injuries to our, already thin prior to Powell injury, frontline and wings.

(01-22-2020, 06:39 PM)radioaktiv Wrote:
(01-22-2020, 06:22 PM)Baller AI Wrote: It was so obvious Powell was being asked to do too much and was overworked. I said this 2 weeks ago and now look what happened. The day Porzi finally get back from his injury, Powell out for season. Sick of the Mavs putting players in situations they are not equipped for, if they don't change their philosophy and mindset, this will continue to happen..

Posting this in 2 different threads doesn't make it true.  Where's your quantifiable data that Dwight Powell is "overused" in the context of the rest of the NBA?
 Niether Powell or KP can rebound or defend the likes of Embiid/Howard/AD/Giannis/Drummond and other massive bigmen. Asking them to do so puts tremendous strain on their bodies. KP is a power forward, he is not able to bang donw low, and Dwight Howard injuring him was a byproduct of that.  

You should see what the Clippers ask of Montrezl Harrell or the Heat ask of Bam.  

My God, what is it going to take for you people to notice it's 2020 and not 2003?

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - StepBackJay - 01-23-2020

Ppl need to quit with CP3 talk. Not going to happen. Also they don't really have any need to move Adams. They are a playoff team with a million picks. Ya CP3 is old but they could pretty easily do a rebuild without a full teardown. No reason to think they will sell off assets in a fire sale

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - ItsGoTime - 01-23-2020

(01-23-2020, 10:39 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Dieng for Lee, JJ and Boban

Rotation:
Luka/JB
Bog/Curry
RoCo/DFS
Gordon/Maxi
Turner/Dieng or Dedmon
Scratch that, this is that part of the follow up trade:

Min gets Rose and Curry
Det gets Dieng, JJ, Ind first and whatever seconds they want from us
Dal gets Snell

New rotation:
Luka/JB
Bog/Snell
RoCo/DFS
Gordon/Maxi
Turner/Dedmon

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - StepBackJay - 01-23-2020

I like the Horford idea but pretty sure Mavs won't go for it. A Horford, KP frontcourt would be ridiculous. We could send Boban back to Philly to reuinte with his BFF!

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - SleepingHero - 01-23-2020

(01-23-2020, 11:38 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: New rotation:
Luka/JB
Bog/Snell
RoCo/DFS
Gordon/Maxi
Turner/Dedmon

So lets trade away essentially the entire team for new guys in the middle of the season? 

I like Bog, I like Gordon, I like RoCo, I like Turner. There is 0 chance we can get all 4. Add on Snell and Dedmon?? 

Bog+Dedmon is reasonable because of Sac's circumstances but still a stretch. RoCo for just a first and a GSW 2nd? Dallas trades away KP for Turner and Gordon in some extremely complicated 4 team trade?

I mean I love the creativity and I'm not trying to demean the idea, but its just so far fetched to ever get behind.

And thats before we sober up and realize the Mavs aren't trading KP unless it brings back an established superstar with contract control, and even then it depends on the circumstances. 

This team when healthy was on a 56 win pace. They should be making incremental upgrades, not foundation changing ones in the middle of the season. Now that Powell's gone for at least a year, they should be looking for at least a mid-tier move to replace Powell's production. But I don't think that involves a complete restructuring of the entire team.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - aguiar95 - 01-23-2020

If I'm taking on Horford, Thybulle has to come along to make it a fair trade for us.

(01-23-2020, 11:47 AM)aguiar95 Wrote: If I'm taking on Horford, Thybulle has to come along to make it a fair trade for us.

Horford is still an incredibly serviceable starter/sub all-star that does everything we want him to do besides catch lobs. Asking for one of Philly's best defenders on top of that is too much imo.

In my proposed trade, Mavs only trade away Lee+Wright+Jackson+2nds for Horford, which is a small price.

(01-23-2020, 11:45 AM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(01-23-2020, 11:38 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: New rotation:
Luka/JB
Bog/Snell
RoCo/DFS
Gordon/Maxi
Turner/Dedmon

So lets trade away essentially the entire team for new guys in the middle of the season? 

I like Bog, I like Gordon, I like RoCo, I like Turner. There is 0 chance we can get all 4. Add on Snell and Dedmon?? 

Bog+Dedmon is reasonable because of Sac's circumstances but still a stretch. RoCo for just a first and a GSW 2nd? Dallas trades away KP for Turner and Gordon in some extremely complicated 4 team trade?

I mean I love the creativity and I'm not trying to demean the idea, but its just so far fetched to ever get behind.

And thats before we sober up and realize the Mavs aren't trading KP unless it brings back an established superstar with contract control, and even then it depends on the circumstances. 

This team when healthy was on a 56 win pace. They should be making incremental upgrades, not foundation changing ones in the middle of the season. Now that Powell's gone for at least a year, they should be looking for at least a mid-tier move to replace Powell's production. But I don't think that involves a complete restructuring of the entire team.
I get it. I did preface it all to being my dream scenario that would never happen. 

I don't think the team as currently constructed is a playoff winning team. They are the Rockets without the superstar notoriety that gets fouls called for them in the playoffs. They are also a Houston-esk live by the 3 die by the 3 team with on par defense to them.

As such, I'd overhaul the whole team if this is the end result. That is a team that has Luka as a perennial MVP candidate and at least 1 out of 3 starters that goes to the allstar game every year (Gordon, Bog or Turner) barring a meteoric rise by one or more of them from switching teams and being in a possibly better situation and reaching superstar status. That team has offense and defense. Maybe not as much offense as this current team (but maybe so), but for sure more defense than we currently have. Getting the offense and defense closer together in ranking would make this team very dangerous in the playoffs. That's not to mention these guys are at least a little bit more durable than what we currently have. They also play bigger than they are, unlike our current group.

The 4 team trade is not just KP for all those pieces, it's KP, THJ and Wright for Turner, Bog and Gordon while taking on Dedmon's contract with 2 firsts and 1 second. We give up the best player in the trade along with THJ who has shown to be close to the others in production this year. I think the only team that wants more in the trade is possibly Orl.

(01-23-2020, 11:53 AM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(01-23-2020, 11:47 AM)aguiar95 Wrote: If I'm taking on Horford, Thybulle has to come along to make it a fair trade for us.

Horford is still an incredibly serviceable starter/sub all-star that does everything we want him to do besides catch lobs. Asking for one of Philly's best defenders on top of that is too much imo.

In my proposed trade, Mavs only trade away Lee+Wright+Jackson+2nds for Horford, which is a small price.

Feels like we're bailing them out. They already have almost 150M in granted salary for next year. 4 years of Horford takes all of our flexibility for Free Agents away. This year he has been decent: More minutes than in BOS, but way less production (maybe father time is catching up to him or coaching difference), but I don't see many teams lining up to eat that contract. We still have to account for Doncic's MAX. I don't want to give up 1st rounder for someone to take him in years 3 & 4 when he is 35/36. If I'm not getting a good guy on a rookie deal, I'm out. Give me 6 months of Drummond instead.