MavsBoard
2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart (/showthread.php?tid=206)

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - cow - 01-21-2020

Don't really trust Windhorst and that want is oddly specific and probably isn't the team's first priority. A guy with size that can defend the perimeter and hit the three or a a guy with size that can rebound and switch on pick and rolls seems more up our alley.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - SkenfromLMF - 01-21-2020

Looks like the cost of Covington + Dieng just went up...

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - Jym - 01-21-2020

Knicks have a big or 2 to spare

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - SkenfromLMF - 01-21-2020

I hang up on Donnie when he calls... You know, IF I am NY

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - StepBackJay - 01-21-2020

(01-21-2020, 09:10 PM)SkenfromLMF Wrote: Looks like the cost of Covington + Dieng just went up...

Indeed

Can someone tell me if Mavs can get a roster spot for a player with a season ending injury?

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - Scott41theMavs - 01-21-2020

(01-21-2020, 09:50 PM)StepBackJay Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 09:10 PM)SkenfromLMF Wrote: Looks like the cost of Covington + Dieng just went up...

Indeed

Can someone tell me if Mavs can get a roster spot for a player with a season ending injury?

Nope. Chance expired a week ago.

Have to go for Tristan with the TPE and the GSW second, and give Minnie what they want for Covington and Dieng. We needed another big before the DP injury, so now we need two.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - omahen - 01-21-2020

(01-21-2020, 11:10 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Have to go for Tristan with the TPE and the GSW second, and give Minnie what they want for Covington and Dieng. We needed another big before the DP injury, so now we need two.

Don't get crazy, we are not contending. Make a move if something good comes along. Sign someone on the buyout market. Don't waste the few assets we have.

This would be sort of a sucker move, but here you go anyways: Lee, Powell, Curry for CP3 + Noel or Patton

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - BigDirk41 - 01-21-2020

(01-21-2020, 11:10 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 09:50 PM)StepBackJay Wrote:

Indeed

Nope. Chance expired a week ago.

Have to go for Tristan with the TPE and the GSW second, and give Minnie what they want for Covington and Dieng. We needed another big before the DP injury, so now we need two.
I would be thrilled to get those 3 players.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - cow - 01-21-2020

We shouldn't operate like a desperate team. We weren't a piece away when the team was healthy. We can't overreact to the DP injury.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - Scott41theMavs - 01-21-2020

(01-21-2020, 11:16 PM)omahen Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 11:10 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Have to go for Tristan with the TPE and the GSW second, and give Minnie what they want for Covington and Dieng. We needed another big before the DP injury, so now we need two.

Don't get crazy, we are not contending. Make a move if something good comes along. Sign someone on the buyout market. Don't waste the few assets we have.

This would be sort of a sucker move, but here you go anyways: Lee, Powell, Curry for CP3 + Noel or Patton

No one's going to take Powell's contract off of our hands with that injury.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - omahen - 01-21-2020

(01-21-2020, 11:19 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: No one's going to take Powell's contract off of our hands with that injury

You sure? Even if you take the CP3 contract? Why would OKC pay him 120 mil in 3 years, they will not be contending. I would rather pay Powell his 30 instead.

(01-21-2020, 11:16 PM)omahen Wrote:

Works salary-wise if the Mavs throw in Jackson.

CP3 would actually be a huge help for a season and a half of helping Luka mature while making those clutch 2-pointers. It's that 3rd season, in which he's likely dead in the water, worn out his welcome with the lockerroom anyway, and keeping us hard capped in luxury land that would hurt. Plus, the Mavs aren't trading Powell. They love him too much for the off-court and lockerroom reasons.

(01-21-2020, 11:35 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: CP3 would actually be a huge help for a season and a half of helping Luka mature while making those clutch 2-pointers.

I am banging this drum for a while now Smile CP3 would bring to this team a lot of what they are missing. Main thing is, he would not cost any assets (assuming OKC is just looking for any deal that doesn't cost them assets to get out of his contract). This means we have our MLE in the summer, we have 2020 first rounder, we have 2020 GSW 2nd. This means we have ammo for another big upgrade and MLE vet. I don't think there is any shorter path to contending. I am not concerned about his last season of the contract, he will still be able to decently contribute, while we can assume Luka and KP will get better.

(01-21-2020, 11:35 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Works salary-wise if the Mavs throw in Jackson.

I think Lee, Powell and Curry (combined 30,459 mil in salary) is just enough for CP3 and Noel (combined 40,535 mil). Patton, if you prefer him, is a bit cheaper.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - Mavs2019 - 01-22-2020

(01-21-2020, 11:18 PM)cow Wrote: We shouldn't operate like a desperate team.  We weren't a piece away when the team was healthy.  We can't overreact to the DP injury.

Exactly. Get Faried, Mejri, Udoh or somebody like Willy Hernangomez for the Utah pick and be done with it.

We can´t afford to give away an asset like the Warriors picks in a desperation move. We´ll need it. The Mavs should be able to identify a big junior/senior in the draft that can read a defense, catch a lob at a reasonable level and jump out of a building.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - dirkfansince1998 - 01-22-2020

Time to tell Dirk that he has 2 month to get ready for playoff basketball.

Back on topic. Faried is probably the best option among the available free agents if he is healthy. When Houston signed him last season after the Capela injury he averaged 13/8 62%TS in 24 minutes.
His skillset is similar to Powells with worse finishing touch but better rebounding.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - JamesConway - 01-22-2020

Re Delon:

Earlier in the season he gave an interview about his role which wasn't toxic but raised my attention:

https://twitter.com/tim_cato/status/1214259035031113729?s=20

Now his brother apparently bitched about his minutes on twitter during the Clippers-game. He deleted his tweet but it did exist. Some local guys are talking about it:

https://twitter.com/KirkSeriousFace/status/1219839531442221057?s=20

Screenshot of the tweet was posted on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mavericks/comments/es6ta4/delon_wrights_brother_is_fed_up_with_his_brother/

Not a great look...

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - aguiar95 - 01-22-2020

Some short term cheap guys for backup big spot: WCS (GSW), Vonleh (MIN), Davis (UTA).

Bigs on the block: Dedmon (SAC), Young (CHI), Love (CLE), Drummond (DET), Ibaka (TOR).

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - StepBackJay - 01-22-2020

(01-22-2020, 01:32 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Time to tell Dirk that he has 2 month to get ready for playoff basketball.

Back on topic. Faried is probably the best option among the available free agents if he is healthy. When Houston signed him last season after the Capela injury he averaged 13/8 62%TS in 24 minutes.
His skillset is similar to Powells with worse finishing touch but better rebounding.

This would be fascinating as I have suspected vet min Faried would give you similar production for a fraction of the cost. Whoever we end up getting will be compared to Powell even if it's Maxi taking the starting spot. My position is that Powell is a great 6th man big but overpaid. There was no reason why he had to be extended. It is what it is at this point.

I feel that Rick's system, similar to Houston's can make a talented but not amazing rim rolling big look really good. We will have that theory tested here pretty soon.

I do think Delon Wright could get traded in the RoCo scenario. Not sure he gets traded otherwise but who knows. His brother spouting off on Twitter isn't necessarily a problem. If a reporter asks Rick ab it at some point (which could happen especially if Dorell keeps talking) I imagine Rick will deflect the question and that will be the end of it.

(01-21-2020, 11:47 PM)omahen Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 11:35 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: CP3 would actually be a huge help for a season and a half of helping Luka mature while making those clutch 2-pointers.

I am banging this drum for a while now Smile CP3 would bring to this team a lot of what they are missing. Main thing is, he would not cost any assets (assuming OKC is just looking for any deal that doesn't cost them assets to get out of his contract). This means we have our MLE in the summer, we have 2020 first rounder, we have 2020 GSW 2nd. This means we have ammo for another big upgrade and MLE vet. I don't think there is any shorter path to contending. I am not concerned about his last season of the contract, he will still be able to decently contribute, while we can assume Luka and KP will get better.

(01-21-2020, 11:35 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Works salary-wise if the Mavs throw in Jackson.

I think Lee, Powell and Curry (combined 30,459 mil in salary) is just enough for CP3 and Noel (combined 40,535 mil). Patton, if you prefer him, is a bit cheaper.

smh Noel?? Did y'all pay attention to Noel's time in Dallas? That bridge was burned beyond all hope. Also CP3 would never happen. I do like Noel's fit in OKC, it's too bad Dallas couldn't have gotten that version of Noel who is also very cheap. Another example of why you don't have to spend 40 million on rim-rolling bigs.

(01-21-2020, 11:18 PM)cow Wrote: We shouldn't operate like a desperate team.  We weren't a piece away when the team was healthy.  We can't overreact to the DP injury.

Agreed some of these knee-jerk ideas are insane and of course would never happen. I love the RoCo + Dieng idea now more than ever with Powell getting injured. Still want to know if Faried is healthy. There are other smaller moves that could happen. I wouldn't be shocked if Mejri came back from the dead. It will be interesting to see what happens next.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - matt6715 - 01-22-2020

Delon, Jackson, Lee, GSW 2nd, Utah 2nd feels like a fair offer for Roco and Dieng to me...

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - ClutchDirk - 01-22-2020

The 39-6 Milwaukee Bucks have the best record in the NBA, but they would reportedly be willing to deal guard Eric Bledsoe if offered an enticing return package.
"They would do that, definitely," an Eastern Conference executive told NBA insider Gery Woelfel.
Another league player personnel director said, "Sure. Publicly, they (the Bucks) say all the right things about him, but I know that's not the case."
This is not the first time the Bucks have considered trading Bledsoe.
According to Woelfel, they nearly dealt him to the Dallas Mavericks for Dennis Smith Jr. last season. Instead, they signed the University of Kentucky product to a four-year, $70 million contract extension, but Woelfel noted some around the league felt that was to make him a more trade-friendly asset so potential suitors would have multiple years of team control available.