MavsBoard
2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart (/showthread.php?tid=206)

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - Scott41theMavs - 01-16-2020

Day t-minus 21 and counting.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - Kammrath - 01-16-2020

https://twitter.com/NickVanExit/status/1217904678610046982

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - Scott41theMavs - 01-16-2020

(01-16-2020, 03:30 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/NickVanExit/status/1217904678610046982

Man, I tell ya, one of the best moves in Mavs franchise history, not necessarily in the particular execution but as a strategy, was to move swiftly on Porzingis and not let the Knicks negotiate with competing teams.

Covington is going to be really expensive in trade. He fits on every single team in the league, is the best non-All-Star in the league at perhaps the most coveted skill set beyond shot creation in the modern NBA, and is on a contract far below his league value. The bidding will drive the trade price ridiculously high.

I really want RoCo, and as I have said, he's the only non-top-30 player for whom I would trade more than one of Maxi, DFS, Wright, and Curry in the deal. But I'll bet the Mavs' cost to beat out all of the other teams is going to be something like three of those guys, or two of them plus our '25 first. That's a lot to pay for a guy who can't create his own shot.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - burekemde - 01-16-2020

(01-16-2020, 04:17 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(01-16-2020, 03:30 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/NickVanExit/status/1217904678610046982

Man, I tell ya, one of the best moves in Mavs franchise history, not necessarily in the particular execution but as a strategy, was to move swiftly on Porzingis and not let the Knicks negotiate with competing teams.

Covington is going to be really expensive in trade. He fits on every single team in the league, is the best non-All-Star at the league at what he does, and is on a contract far below his league value.

I really want RoCo, and as I have said, he's the only non-top-30 player for whom I would trade more than one of Maxi, DFS, Wright, and Curry in the deal. But I'll bet the Mavs' cost to beat out all of the other teams is going to be something like three of those guys, or two of them plus our '25 first. That's a lot to pay for a guy who can't create his own shot.

I guess he is similar in skills to DFS but better. How much better is he and at what? I ask because i have not watched him enough.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - Scott41theMavs - 01-16-2020

(01-16-2020, 04:23 PM)burekemde Wrote:
(01-16-2020, 04:17 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:

Covington is going to be really expensive in trade. He fits on every single team in the league, is the best non-All-Star at the league at what he does, and is on a contract far below his league value.

I guess he is similar in skills to DFS but better. How much better is he and at what? I ask because i have not watched him enough.

I think he's the best and most adaptable player in the league at perimeter and post defense who is not also an All-Star, and he can hit a three at an okay clip.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - ballsrchr - 01-16-2020

Do we know why teams aren't lining up to pull Faried off his couch? (post from fifteenth.  The quote thing doesn't work for me.)

My opinion is that Faried is done.  By done I mean he is either injured, tired, or has lost his ambition.  He CAN play good for a short time, but then he goes back to giving lack of effort.  I think it is probably a combination of all three, but mostly lost that ambition.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - ItsGoTime - 01-16-2020

I wonder if Min was trying to add Teague in deals to trade RoCo instead of Dieng. I would have done RoCo and Teague for JB and DW and Lee to overhaul their PG spot.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - MFFLJunpei - 01-16-2020

Teague already traded to ATL

Best case is Lee + Bruson or/and 2nd GSW pick for Robo

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - ItsGoTime - 01-16-2020

(01-16-2020, 05:38 PM)MFFLJunpei Wrote: Teague already traded to ATL

Best case is Lee + Bruson or/and 2nd GSW pick for Robo
Reason I stated it in past tense.

If reports are true, I don’t see a best case scenario in a trade for RoCo. Need to be putting out the absolute most you would trade at this point.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - BigDirk41 - 01-16-2020

I wouldn't give up Maxi for RoCo. I'd give up anyone not named Luka or KP and I'd be ok with trading any picks we can. Maxi has become a damn good 3 point shooter and he's a really good defender. We need to keep him and aquire RoCo. That would make us a possible contender or at least on the cusp imo.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - JamesConway - 01-16-2020

Maybe we move on from Delon? I don’t have the tweet & exact quote available right now but iirc he (publicly) stated that he was surprised about being a bench player for us. Must have been earlier in the season.

He definitely has some value around the league given his level of play. I think him and/or Brunson are the prime candidates for a move (outside of Lee)

(01-16-2020, 06:21 PM)JamesConway Wrote: Maybe we move on from Delon? I don’t have the tweet & exact quote available right now but iirc he (publicly) stated that he was surprised about being a bench player for us. Must have been earlier in the season.

He definitely has some value around the league given his level of play. I think him and/or Brunson are the prime candidates for a move (outside of Lee)
Tim Cato did a sit down interview with him and Wright said basically that. The quote wasn't that he is at all disgruntled or anything, but his want was to be a starter and run a team. I think given the right team, he would do well doing just that. On this team though, we have our starting PG who runs the team.

If we haven't discussed DW to Min at this point, that would be really bad IMO. 

Edited to be more clear.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - JamesConway - 01-16-2020

(01-16-2020, 06:36 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(01-16-2020, 06:21 PM)JamesConway Wrote: Maybe we move on from Delon? I don’t have the tweet & exact quote available right now but iirc he (publicly) stated that he was surprised about being a bench player for us. Must have been earlier in the season.

Tim Cato did a sit down interview with him and Wright said basically that. The quote wasn't that he is at all disgruntled or anything, but his want was to be a starter and run a team. I think given the right team, he would do well doing just that. On this team though, we have our starting PG who runs the team.

If we haven't discussed DW to Min at this point, that would be really bad IMO. 

Edited to be more clear.
Yes, Cato had that interview. Thank you! This must be the tweet:

https://twitter.com/tim_cato/status/1214259035031113729?s=20https://twitter.com/tim_cato/status/1214259035031113729?s=20

Nothing toxic but it certainly has some "eyebrow raising"-potential.

I think the biggest package I would give up for RoCo would be:

RoCo for TE and GSW 2nd

Dieng and Naz for Lee [(DW and JJ) or (Curry and JB) take their pick]

That's the highest I would go, knowing we have JJB who can step in and play more throughout the rest of the year and into the playoffs. I think we could actually. They could also do the trade sans TE, either way.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - Mavs2019 - 01-16-2020

Covington´s situation feels a bit like DAJ and Harrell. I think Minny will just move onto the younger Culver/Okogie.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - Aussiebballer - 01-16-2020

What about
Covington + Dieng + whichever cheap contract the T-wolves are happy to trade
for
Powell + Brunson + Jackson + Lee + 2 Dallas 2nd rd picks

T-wolves have a spare roster spot after their earlier trade.
They get multiple players that can play now and give them a boost.
I honestly have no idea what they want to do this season, tank or go for the 8th spot and be smashed by the Lakers???

Mavs swap Powell for Dieng, Dieng is actually a 3pt shooter (multiple recent games with 4 of 5 3s) and seems like a shot block threat.
Covington provides another 3 and D option. Having DFS and Covington rotating as the 3 and D wing would be a dream.

Lineup
Luka \ Wright \ JJ
Hardaway \ Seth \ Bro
Covington \ DFS
KP \ Maxi
Dieng \ Boban

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - StepBackJay - 01-16-2020

Mavs aren't trading Powell

Wolves want D'Lo, not sure why they didn't just give him the max last summer. Once they are sure that won't happen they will move Roco for something else. Mavs are in a great spot thanks to all their smaller contracts, TE and the GSW pick. Who knows the total package but Wright being one of the major players would make some sense. He is a very good defender but having a much bigger Covington is a much better fit. We have other guys that can handle the ball. Having that big 2-way wing is what we need. Mavs have the tools to not get outbid if they really want Covington and I bet they want him bad.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - cow - 01-16-2020

I need RoCo on this team. I've needed RoCo on this team for the longest of times. Let's throw the kitchen sink to get Lord Covington in a Mavs jersey.

(01-16-2020, 06:14 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: I wouldn't give up Maxi for RoCo. I'd give up anyone not named Luka or KP and I'd be ok with trading any picks we can.
These two sentences do not match.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - jesusshuttlesworth82 - 01-16-2020

(01-16-2020, 07:10 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Covington´s situation feels a bit like DAJ and Harrell. I think Minny will just move onto the younger Culver/Okogie.

They have young and cheap Roco replacements like you said.  However, unlike DAJ, Roco is still underpaid instead of overpaid.  

What they dont have is a PG.  I just dont see a realistic scenario if we were TWolves fans we would be ok with trading our only chip that 1/3 of the league wants for a package centered around Jalen Brunson or Delon Wright.

(The Aaron Holiday rumors were not a return for Roco)