MavsBoard
2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart (/showthread.php?tid=206)

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - cow - 01-08-2020

(01-08-2020, 08:54 PM)Dirkster21 Wrote:
(01-08-2020, 06:53 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(01-08-2020, 06:44 PM)cow Wrote:
(01-08-2020, 04:06 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(01-08-2020, 03:14 PM)cow Wrote: Good points.  If you are concerned about this season and are only making one move, RoCo probably makes the team better.  Bogdan is more of a long term play.  I don't think this is a championship team this year which is why I lean Bogdan.
We don't have to be a championship team to bring in the better right now player. He's better for now and long term, because he is one of the best non-superstar two way players in the league on a great contract. If we were actually able to get either, there's no way I'm complaining, I just think the biggest need for this team, right now, is defense, and it's not even close.

(01-08-2020, 03:13 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: Bottom line, they play the same role.
On offense, pretty much correct, with RoCo a little more versatile. You however, don't need to hide either one on offense and they do multiple things well enough to not make themselves liabilities on that end. Don't see what you're saying about how it "has" to be. 

On defense you're also correct, which is amazingly awesome to have 2 high end defenders that can defend positions 1-(many) 4. Again, not arguing about not liking Bog, just see RoCo as the better fit now and going forward.

I'd be ecstatic with either but in a game of either/or, I'd go Bogdan over RoCo.
Can’t fault you for that cause to me it is pretty close. Either would be huge for this team.

I’m new to this. Don’t know how to use this site yet. What do y’all think about Mitchell Robinson? Or maybe someone like Bamba or Isaac? They are young. Wonder what it would take to trade for them?

Not sure the Knicks are dumb enough to trade Robinson.  Isaac has blossomed so he probably isn't on the block.  I could see Bamba being traded but it might be too early on his career.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - ItsGoTime - 01-09-2020

(01-08-2020, 08:54 PM)Dirkster21 Wrote: I’m new to this. Don’t know how to use this site yet. What do y’all think about Mitchell Robinson? Or maybe someone like Bamba or Isaac? They are young. Wonder what it would take to trade for them?
Welcome to the board! Keep plugging at it, you'll get it down. 

As far as your questions. I think NY is looking to add to Robinson, not give up on him. He has a ton of value in that regard and would take quite a bit of currently lopsided value to pry him away, IMO. Isaac is the same way. 

Bamba on the other hand is sitting behind Vucevic, but I think the minutes he's currently getting is about right for his current game. I don't think he's a guy that if you throw more time at him that he gets better. In that sense, it would be good for ORL to keep developing him until he has the "click" moment and then decide if they want to move Bamba or Vucevic (at that point with Isaac being so young as well, the better choice would be Vuc). 

I imagine they would probably forego that if the offer was something similar to the Robinson/Isaac thought. The only way this isn't the case IMO is if they don't see improvement on his game (this is in the sense of year over year, not game over game), that's when they sell him for as much as they can IMO, as long as he's still relatively young and on a lower contract.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - Dirkster21 - 01-09-2020

(01-09-2020, 01:18 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(01-08-2020, 08:54 PM)Dirkster21 Wrote: I’m new to this. Don’t know how to use this site yet. What do y’all think about Mitchell Robinson? Or maybe someone like Bamba or Isaac? They are young. Wonder what it would take to trade for them?

As far as your questions. I think NY is looking to add to Robinson, not give up on him. He has a ton of value in that regard and would take quite a bit of currently lopsided value to pry him away, IMO. Isaac is the same way. 

Bamba on the other hand is sitting behind Vucevic, but I think the minutes he's currently getting is about right for his current game. I don't think he's a guy that if you throw more time at him that he gets better. In that sense, it would be good for ORL to keep developing him until he has the "click" moment and then decide if they want to move Bamba or Vucevic (at that point with Isaac being so young as well, the better choice would be Vuc). 

I imagine they would probably forego that if the offer was something similar to the Robinson/Isaac thought. The only way this isn't the case IMO is if they don't see improvement on his game (this is in the sense of year over year, not game over game), that's when they sell him for as much as they can IMO, as long as he's still relatively young and on a lower contract.

(01-09-2020, 01:51 PM)Dirkster21 Wrote:
(01-09-2020, 01:18 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:

Thanks buddy! Yeah I agree. I like them all. I don’t think they will be moved, but I could be wrong. I like them because they are all young with potential. I am hoping Mavs make a trade so we’ll see!

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - JamesConway - 01-09-2020

Dario Saric would be a good pickup. Could help limited the workload on KP as a stretch PF while also being playable alongside Kristaps in certain matchups. He bounced around a few teams and it doesn't look like he's a keeper in PHX. Still only 25 and about to become an RFA iirc.

Him and Malik Beasley are two buy low-candidates I'd be interested.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - StepBackJay - 01-09-2020

(01-09-2020, 02:04 PM)JamesConway Wrote: Dario Saric would be a good pickup. Could help limited the workload on KP as a stretch PF while also being playable alongside Kristaps in certain matchups. He bounced around a few teams and it doesn't look like he's a keeper in PHX. Still only 25 and about to become an RFA iirc.

Him and Malik Beasley are two buy low-candidates I'd be interested.

Dario Saric is interesting. Haven't been paying much attention but looks like he isn't panning out so hot in Phoenix. He would be a guy that uncle Ricky would elevate for sure. PHX paid a pretty good price to get him (dropping from 6th to 11th in the draft) so I wonder if they would be ready to bail. Since he is going to be an RFA they might. I like that idea a lot actually.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - matt6715 - 01-09-2020

Let’s go grab Dewayne Dedmon as KP insurance. He’s only guaranteed $1M in the 2021 season, so you can easily get rid of him if need be to chase a big fish. Who knows, he could become a Dampier style trade chip that year. We need another big man who is playable against all matchups (no disrespect to Boban)

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - Jym - 01-10-2020

(01-09-2020, 04:37 PM)matt6715 Wrote: no disrespect to Boban

Nah full disrespect to him. Or at least Rick and Donnie. Is there no communication on these moves? We have to know who Rick will and won't play. In that circumstance, against that team Boban either has to play or you immediately trade for someone over 6'10" with some mass who will.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - StepBackJay - 01-10-2020

(01-10-2020, 01:03 AM)Jym Wrote:
(01-09-2020, 04:37 PM)matt6715 Wrote: no disrespect to Boban

Nah full disrespect to him. Or at least Rick and Donnie. Is there no communication on these moves? We have to know who Rick will and won't play. In that circumstance, against that team Boban either has to play or you immediately trade for someone over 6'10" with some mass who will.

Fully agree. Clearly Rick doesn't have a lot of use for Boban except in limited circumstances. If he was in the Mejri role of a big that is sometimes useful and is on a 1 yr vet min deal I could live with that. But he's on a two year deal paying him 4 mil/yr. For that price if you are down a KP and thus have basically 2 healthy bigs ahead of your 4 mil/yr player, that guy should not be glued to the bench. I hope they find a taker for Boban. Surely some team out there would have more use for him.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - ItsGoTime - 01-10-2020

Maybe we're not looking at Min the right way? They've determined for whatever reason that Teague is not the PG for them. His contract is up after this year. What about this?

Min => Teague, RoCo, Dieng, Reid, Napier

Dal => THJ, DW, JB, JJ, Boban

Gives Min younger and possibly better fitting parts for the price of RoCo. Our team looks like this:

Luka/Napier or JJB
Teague/Curry
RoCo/DFS
KP/Maxi
Dieng/Powell (I'd assume that Powell would continue to start, but think Dieng would work great with KP and we know Powell and Maxi work well together)

Ten player trade so I'm sure it wouldn't happen, but if it did, we have immediate and 2021 money with the 3 spot highly secure with 2 value contracts.

I worry ab the Lakers getting Covington or Iguodala. At least Iguodala is older and perhaps washed up or closer to being washed up. Lakers are still sitting on Kuzma as a valuable asset that doesn't help them win really. If they flip him for a 3D player that's going to be massive for them.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - aguiar95 - 01-10-2020

DAL: Covington
MIN: Wright, Jackson, 2020 GSW 2nd, 2020 UTA 2nd.

Is that enough? Is that better than Kuzma + fillers? Would a team like HOU offer a 1st for him? 76ers has four 2nd rounders in this draft to throw (Most notably NYK and ATL).

(01-10-2020, 12:45 PM)aguiar95 Wrote: DAL: Covington
MIN: Wright, Jackson, 2020 GSW 2nd, 2020 UTA 2nd.

Is that enough? Is that better than Kuzma + fillers? Would a team like HOU offer a 1st for him? 76ers has four 2nd rounders in this draft to throw (Most notably NYK and ATL).

I forgot about Wright, that does make a lot of sense as he gives you defense, playmaking, is younger and is also on a very good contract. I think that trade would make sense for both teams.

I like Wright a lot and I actually think he will get better over time as he gains confidence. I do not want to trade him for anyone who isn't as good or better on defense since I love his defense. Covington would qualify. I think this trade would be very good for both teams. Like you say it depends on how much Minnesota values Kuzma. I would even up the ante and add Lee for Dieng if I needed to which would give Mavs a big and future expiring while freeing up space for Wolves.

If I were the Mavs I would try to keep collecting assets and try to get a star through trade or just continue to have good talent around KP & Luka rather than chasing FA's in 2021.

Mavs have all kinds of smaller assets. Getting Covington would improve their overall assets even though he is older and would obviously cost you some assets to get him here. It's a reason why I'd love Favors if you can get him on a reasonable deal. You never know when a deal comes along where you can send 4 good players on sub 10 mil/yr deals for a 30+ mil disgruntled star that fits your core perfectly. If not that sometimes 2 good players can net you 1 better player in the right deal.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - ItsGoTime - 01-10-2020

(01-10-2020, 12:51 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I forgot about Wright, that does make a lot of sense as he gives you defense, playmaking, is younger and is also on a very good contract. I think that trade would make sense for both teams.
I"ve put Wright in quite a few trades, even before the article with him saying he wants to start. I think separating JB and DW would do wonders for both of their careers, and open up the ability to play taller/bigger players on up the totempole for our team's bench unit. I think I may have proposed this exact deal, and a deal with Dieng for Lee in it to add value too.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - SkenfromLMF - 01-10-2020

I think the best route to collecting assets is to utilize the Barnes TPE.
I think you could possibly convince Minnesota that a Brunson and Jackson package with the GS #2 saves Minny a considerable amount. If Dallas has to take on another contract you hope it is Jeff Teague for Courtney Lee.

Then I would approach Memphis with multiple 2nd rd picks, Teague and a Cash Option for Iggy, and see how that works as far as getting Memphis to deal AI.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - Scott41theMavs - 01-10-2020

(01-10-2020, 03:04 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(01-10-2020, 12:51 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I forgot about Wright, that does make a lot of sense as he gives you defense, playmaking, is younger and is also on a very good contract. I think that trade would make sense for both teams.
I"ve put Wright in quite a few trades, even before the article with him saying he wants to start. I think separating JB and DW would do wonders for both of their careers, and open up the ability to play taller/bigger players on up the totempole for our team's bench unit. I think I may have proposed this exact deal, and a deal with Dieng for Lee in it to add value too.

The solitary reason I would even begin to consider Brunson over Wright as the keeper is age. I trust Wright more in every other category and consideration - most of all, even after start-or-role-gate, in terms of attitude. Size and defense are the other big ones. I also believe that Brunson's age and his rookie contract serve to make him a bit more valuable to other teams in trade than Wright.

If you can get anything whatsoever back for Jackson, of course you deal him, especially if some other team is cretinously stupid enough to regard him as a sweetener in a trade for a guy who would legit be part of the 9-man rotation (which Jackson undeservedly is right now). Brunson and Powell I would trade if you're going to get a player back who upgrades your 8-man rotation over all. THJ I would trade if the player coming back is better, period. The other four non-Luka/KP rotation players - Maxi, Wright, DFS, and Curry, in that order of priority and preference - I only let go of for a player who is at worst our third-best player by a huge margin over his biggest Mav competition for that title, and absolutely the only scenario I trade more than one of those four is if an All-Star on a fair contract (i.e. no John Wall or even Chris Paul, for example) is coming back.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - cow - 01-10-2020

(01-10-2020, 12:29 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I worry ab the Lakers getting Covington or Iguodala. At least Iguodala is older and perhaps washed up or closer to being washed up. Lakers are still sitting on Kuzma as a valuable asset that doesn't help them win really. If they flip him for a 3D player that's going to be massive for them.

If you are talking about a Kuzma for RoCo swap, I don't see it.  Kuzma's problem is that he needs the ball in his hands too much which means he needs to be a second option.  He'd be behind Wiggins and KAT in touches which isn't much different from his situation with the Lakers.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - Branduil - 01-10-2020

It's time for his defenders to admit that Dwight Powell is not remotely close to being a starting NBA center. KP was covering so much for him.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - bartlettbear - 01-10-2020

Mavs need to sign Lance Stephenson when China season is over

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - Mavs2019 - 01-11-2020

So we are back to the summer discussion about Kemba Walker and the fact that this team needs a 3rd star player to carry a heavy workload and cover for the Porzingis injury/rest periods.

Furthermore they screwed up with the re-signing of Powell and the signing of Boban. Those two are just too much of niche players to cover Porzingis for extended minutes on either end of the floor. If you gave that money to somebody like Favors (his own injury history aside) you´d at least be well protected on the defensive end (in the absence of Porzingis).

Once they committed to Porzingis they should have had a very detailed plan on how to cover for those Porzingis rest periods. If they really thought he could go 100 games every year (regular season, play-offs, Latvian national team) they are fools.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - cow - 01-11-2020

(01-11-2020, 03:42 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote: So we are back to the summer discussion about Kemba Walker and the fact that this team needs a 3rd star player to carry a heavy workload and cover for the Porzingis injury/rest periods.

Furthermore they screwed up with the re-signing of Powell and the signing of Boban. Those two are just too much of niche players to cover Porzingis for extended minutes on either end of the floor. If you gave that money to somebody like Favors (his own injury history aside) you´d at least be well protected on the defensive end (in the absence of Porzingis).

Once they committed to Porzingis they should have had a very detailed plan on how to cover for those Porzingis rest periods. If they really thought he could go 100 games every year (regular season, play-offs, Latvian national team) they are fools.

Boban seems like a mistake since the team doesn't take advantage of his historic skillset.   Powell was an elite rim runner, is a legacy culture guy and does a lot of community work.  There was little chance that the MBT would let him walk and for those reasons, he'll probably not be traded.  He might be overpaid now, but his contract certainly isn't terrible.  We do need to figure out a way to sure about the 4/5 spot.  Jackson playing the 4 is nuts.

What does everyone's buy/sell list look like.

Buy:  Maxi, DFS, THJ
Neutral:  Curry, JJB, Bro, 
Sell:  Boban, Brusnon, Wright, Jackson, Powell, Lee