MavsBoard
2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart (/showthread.php?tid=206)

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - StepBackJay - 12-20-2019

(12-20-2019, 01:52 PM)vfromlmf Wrote:
(12-19-2019, 08:02 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Lol the Wolves would give up Covington and take on CP3s deal?

Great piece on Chris Paul by Zack Lowe today. Id really hate to see what Paul could do with that Wolves squad. They could be dangerous. Adding Paul would be a win now move for the Wolves for sure. But if not now, when? It's not like their stars aren't ready to win. KAT is in his fifth year; Wiggins in his sixth! They need to be in the playoffs this year, and build from there. There's not a team that could turn it around faster than the Wolves with a top flight point guard like Chris Paul.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28313228/ten-nba-things-like-including-philadelphia-76ers-big-question

I haven't read the story yet but I am fine if they want to swing for CP3 giving up only their own garbage contracts. Giving up Covington isn't worth it. It's already a major risk to take on CP3s money and personality.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - Scott41theMavs - 12-20-2019

I would love to pick up one more rotation player using our TPE or Lee plus seconds. If we can't trade THJ before the playoffs, pick up a scorer we can put in when THJ is having one of his off games.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - omahen - 12-20-2019

Ryan from accounting to Philly for 2 second rounders. They desperately need shooters, we can probably live without him. They can add any player they want. Just not Simmons and his bloated contract  Smile

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - fifteenth - 12-20-2019

(12-20-2019, 11:19 PM)omahen Wrote: Ryan from accounting to Philly for 2 second rounders.

But why? Ryan from accounting is worth more than 2 Philly 2nd rounders

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - omahen - 12-20-2019

(12-20-2019, 11:27 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(12-20-2019, 11:19 PM)omahen Wrote: Ryan from accounting to Philly for 2 second rounders.

But why? Ryan from accounting is worth more than 2 Philly 2nd rounders

No he is not  Smile   He played 30 minutes for whole season. Came in tonight and played his role perfectly. 
P.S.: Philly has a whole bunch of second rounders, not just theirs.

I am sure Ryan is a great guy, but we can survive without him. We will need every asset to upgrade this team.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - fifteenth - 12-21-2019

If we continue on this trajectory the value all of our players will rise, including Ryan. And who knows what part he may yet play in the story of this season. Give me shooting like Ryan's up and down the roster. There is no reason for this team to be in a hurry to cash in any of their chips. Mavs players are part of a bull market at the moment.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - ClutchDirk - 12-21-2019

(12-21-2019, 12:05 AM)fifteenth Wrote: If we continue on this trajectory the value all of our players will rise, including Ryan. And who knows what part he may yet play in the story of this season. Give me shooting like Ryan's up and down the roster. There is no reason for this team to be in a hurry to cash in any of their chips. Mavs players are part of a bull market at the moment.
Unless a no brainer pops up I'm good with what we have...we are a young team who is winning games against contenders...Luka and KP will be a top 3 duo by the end of the season...

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - omahen - 12-21-2019

(12-21-2019, 12:05 AM)fifteenth Wrote: If we continue on this trajectory the value all of our players will rise, including Ryan. And who knows what part he may yet play in the story of this season. Give me shooting like Ryan's up and down the roster. There is no reason for this team to be in a hurry to cash in any of their chips. Mavs players are part of a bull market at the moment.

Of course I am not preaching a firesale. Said it many times, they should keep the core and just get some assets for Lee and TE this season and act only if a great opportunitiy arrives. Two second rounders for his expiring minimum contract are a great opportunity (and I don't believe it would be offered).

(12-21-2019, 12:05 AM)fifteenth Wrote: If we continue

And there is always that.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - fifteenth - 12-21-2019

I think we should trade for a pg who could give the team 13&9 if he has to start with Luka out, who seems to always do great with advanced metrics and who has built a few games of experience closing games against good teams.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - StepBackJay - 12-21-2019

Mavs are unlikely to make a move at this point. I hope they still try to use the Lee chip and/or their TE. I would also move Jackson for the right deal. He is a good player and think he will improve on defense but it's unclear whether he's going to make the rotation again. Mavs need defense more than they need offense at this point. But Mavs don't have to do anything really. I really hope they get a rental or buyout guy though. The GSW pick is too valuable to ship but a second round or two for Iguodala or Thompson or Crowder would be big for the playoffs.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - cow - 12-21-2019

Two questions popped to mind while reading this:

Has THJ done enough to repair his reputation where his contract isn't seen as an albatross?  Would the Mavs dare trade him since he's been so instrumental to the teams success?

I don't think THJ has rescued his value enough for it to be worth it for Mavs to trade him + chemistry of new guy.

Since the media has poured cold water on Iguodola I am back on the Favors train. I would love Favors and would give up GSW to get him and resign him. I know we are all about 2021 but Favors is a guy that seems to fit KP perfectly in the frontcourt. In 2021 you have Giannis who is unlikely to leave, a bunch of older guys like Griffin who may not be a good idea. You have Oladipo whose really good but may or may not be a fit. I would contend if you lock up Favors for around Powell money which to me is around his value that you can trade him or Powell later on and still free up that max slot in 2021. Mavs have good players you could almost give away if you had to. So ya sign me up for Favors. If his contract is too big in the summer and he leaves you lost the GSW pick but it was worth the risk.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - Mapka - 12-22-2019

(12-21-2019, 02:49 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I think we should trade for a pg who could give the team 13&9 if he has to start with Luka out, who seems to always do great with advanced metrics and who has built a few games of experience closing games against good teams.
You don't mean experience, you mean success. I think this cupboard is very bare. 
There is no allstarnumbers- clutchperformer willing to be a backup. 
Can't even see why it's worth to give anything up for, just because Brunson has to learn playing the clutch in the NBA.. everybody have to.

€dit:
Or did I just miss you're being ironic?

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - Jommybone - 12-22-2019

(12-21-2019, 02:49 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I think we should trade for a pg who could give the team 13&9 if he has to start with Luka out, who seems to always do great with advanced metrics and who has built a few games of experience closing games against good teams.

Love you, man. But point guard is your biggest concern? After Luka, we have Delon, Jalen, JJ and Seth. It’s like PG has been the top priority on this team for at least 3 years. How about some Andre Drummond instead? (1) Returns Dwight to the bench mob. (2) Expires after next year in time for 21 free agency. (3) Employs secret Mavs agent Jeff Schwartz. (4) Gives us a 3rd all star. (5) Kryptonites the bully ball tactics that opposing teams have been employing quite effectively against us. (6) Requires the cooperation of 2011 Mavs defensive coordinator Dwane Casey. (7) Returns the re-emerging Tim Hardaway, Jr. to Michigan, where he once was a very successful Wolverine. (8) Makes your Dallas Mavs the most difficult matchup (length, strength, shooting and depth) of any in the league. (9) Adds youth (dude is only 26!). (10) Brings the league's leading rebounder to the Metroplex.

The stars are aligned.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - omahen - 12-22-2019

(12-22-2019, 01:06 PM)Jommybone Wrote: (3) Employs secret Mavs agent Jeff Schwartz.

This one really made me laugh. Kemba chose Mavs, right. This being after paying one of his bum clients 25 mil last season, while getting a dissapointing sophomore for the other 25 per client. He is really doing us favours.
(12-22-2019, 01:06 PM)Jommybone Wrote: How about some Andre Drummond instead?

No thanks. Bad fit for this team. Rebounding is not a problem

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - StepBackJay - 12-22-2019

Man I really want another big in this rotation.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - SportPsychMav - 12-22-2019

(12-22-2019, 07:41 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Man I really want another big in this rotation.

Drummond or Adams might disrupt the 5 out possibility but I'd still like them.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - StepBackJay - 12-22-2019

(12-22-2019, 07:42 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote:
(12-22-2019, 07:41 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Man I really want another big in this rotation.

Drummond or Adams might disrupt the 5 out possibility but I'd still like them.

Doesn't have to be a huge trade but like Thompson for instance would be a huge upgrade. We already have a good bigs rotation but due to Bobi being a bit player its thin. Thompson or someone like that would round it out well. I still am still in shock that Maxi played 15 minutes in that game. I just don't get it.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - Branduil - 12-23-2019

We need a wing defender