MavsBoard
2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart (/showthread.php?tid=206)

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - HanspardsShowerVoice - 12-11-2019

I think this year's trade activity is be largely dormant.   Not many sellers with the back end of the West looking a lot weaker than expected and the 8th seed up for grabs for anyone with a ~.500 record.    None of the prospective buyers have much to offer and not much motivation to make a huge move.  Paul isn't getting move until the offseason at the earliest.   Everyone is expecting Portland to make a huge move like Love, but I think they're just as likely to chalk up this year to a lost season due to injuries and see what they can do with improved cap space when Whiteside comes off the books.    To take on Love's $31 million and pair him with CJ and Dame's contracts, that roster gets hugely expensive in a hurry and I don't think it moves the needle for them that much as a contender.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - ItsGoTime - 12-11-2019

(12-11-2019, 03:13 AM)omahen Wrote: Roberson plus assets for RoCo. It might be useful to "split" Paul for them, as they could use the smaller contracts for moves as you proposed.
I would think Minn has aspirations of going as far as they can with this team. If they were to move RoCo with that in mind, I’d think they would be looking to get someone who helps this team now, not picks (although picks wouldn’t fully be off the table I’m sure). 

In my mind, Roberson is a non-starter for them. RoCo is manning the PF or big wing spot for them as they don’t have many guys in that category. I don’t know what their actual assessment is as far as what would work next to KAT and with Wiggins (seems RoCo would actually be the perfect fit), so I won’t try to trade their players. Just weighing in on what I think the return package should be to make it fair.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - HanspardsShowerVoice - 12-11-2019

With the free agent class looking awful, it also puts a hamper on trades because no one is really looking to move salary off the books. There are some truly awful franchises are who going to have a lot of cap space like Atlanta, Memphis, Cavs, Charlotte and Pels who could be looking to make splashes in free agency to build excitement among their fanbases who might drive up prices. There was a thought that Wolves could move RoCo to get Dieng off the books, but to what end? To sign Evan Fournier to a max contract if he opts out? They're better off keeping RoCo, competing for the 8th seed and buying time for a trade that moves the needle.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - ClutchDirk - 12-11-2019

Let's use this thread for hypothetical trade ideas and trade machine stuff in this thread...actual rumors and discussions on the rumors we should use the just created TDL rumor thread instead to keep this more organised and less cross posting...

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - Kammrath - 12-11-2019

(12-11-2019, 02:53 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Let's use this thread for hypothetical trade ideas and trade machine stuff in this thread...actual rumors and discussions on the rumors we should use the just created TDL rumor thread instead to keep this more organised and less cross posting...

I would suggest as an idea:

• This thread is for trade ideas and discussion that connects directly to the Mavs, i.e. this is mostly for anything Mav related to trades. 
  • The other thread is for discussion about trade rumors in general without connecting it very directly to the Mavs, i.e. that one is mostly anything trade related for the rest of the NBA.  

(12-11-2019, 03:01 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 02:53 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Let's use this thread for hypothetical trade ideas and trade machine stuff in this thread...actual rumors and discussions on the rumors we should use the just created TDL rumor thread instead to keep this more organised and less cross posting...

I would suggest as an idea:

• This thread is for trade ideas and discussion that connects directly to the Mavs, i.e. this is mostly for anything Mav related to trades. 
  • The other thread is for discussion about trade rumors in general without connecting it very directly to the Mavs, i.e. that one is mostly anything trade related for the rest of the NBA.  
Good counterpoint...I agree...

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - Kammrath - 12-11-2019

(12-11-2019, 03:20 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Good counterpoint...I agree...

So of course some of the rumors reported in the other thread might be connected to the Mavs, but if people want to talk about that they should come here and not pollute that thread with endless back and forth about how the Mavs could get involved. 

Does that make sense?

(12-11-2019, 03:23 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 03:20 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Good counterpoint...I agree...

So of course some of the rumors reported in the other thread might be connected to the Mavs, but if people want to talk about that they should come here and not pollute that thread with endless back and forth about how the Mavs could get involved. 

Does that make sense?
Crystal clear my friend...

Do you want to adjust the titles to make this more clear or leave them as is?...

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - StepBackJay - 12-11-2019

Can someone tell me if Mavs are hovering around a max cap slot in 2021 absent any future commitments made between now and then? It seems like they would with so many salaries coming off the books assuming they don't add a multi-year contract in the summer (and I don't think they will). I don't see any scenario where Mavs add dollars that eat into 2021 unless they can land a star player.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - omahen - 12-11-2019

(12-11-2019, 05:22 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Can someone tell me if Mavs are hovering around a max cap slot in 2021 absent any future commitments made between now and then? It seems like they would with so many salaries coming off the books assuming they don't add a multi-year contract in the summer (and I don't think they will). I don't see any scenario where Mavs add dollars that eat into 2021 unless they can land a star player.

Without taking into account rookie contracts they might sign in 2020 (they have three picks), Mavs have 85 million of commited salary in 2021 against the projected cap of 125 mil.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - Jannemann2 - 12-11-2019

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/12/luka-doncic-dallas-mavericks-nba-trade-rumors/

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - BigDirk41 - 12-12-2019

Does anyone regret not jumping on the TJ Warren/#32 pick for free? I wasn't happy at the time and I kept getting told TJ Warren's are a dime a dozen and we can get one anytime. Can someone go ahead and get us a TJ Warren for nothing please? He's turned out to be a pretty good player for the Pacers and would be our clear #3. I wish we had made that deal. I do realize everyone was focused on cap space, but the Pacers got a quality player and a decent pick for air.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - fifteenth - 12-12-2019

(12-12-2019, 02:08 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Does anyone regret not jumping on the TJ Warren

pretty sure DanS regrets it

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - ItsGoTime - 12-12-2019

(12-12-2019, 02:08 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Does anyone regret not jumping on the TJ Warren/#32 pick for free? I wasn't happy at the time and I kept getting told TJ Warren's are a dime a dozen and we can get one anytime. Can someone go ahead and get us a TJ Warren for nothing please? He's turned out to be a pretty good player for the Pacers and would be our clear #3. I wish we had made that deal. I do realize everyone was focused on cap space, but the Pacers got a quality player and a decent pick for air.
2 reasons that go around out there pretty often. It messes with their current offseason plan, or it messes with 2021. Just copy and paste your reason of choice and move on.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - Fuerza1 - 12-12-2019

(12-12-2019, 02:08 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Does anyone regret not jumping on the TJ Warren/#32 pick for free? I wasn't happy at the time and I kept getting told TJ Warren's are a dime a dozen and we can get one anytime. Can someone go ahead and get us a TJ Warren for nothing please? He's turned out to be a pretty good player for the Pacers and would be our clear #3. I wish we had made that deal. I do realize everyone was focused on cap space, but the Pacers got a quality player and a decent pick for air.

Oh yes, I remember half the board trashing Warren. 

There's usually about 5 moves like this per offseason where we keep asking ourselves why MBT didn't jump on this. It has sadly become their M.O. They seem to overvalue "flexibility." 

Most likely, MBT had their sights set on Delon/Seth combo for a home run offseason.

Anybody remember last broadcast Skin/Harper teasing an Iggy trade? They almost made it sound like they knew something was going down, wink-wink. 

Iggy would greatly improve our bench. Not sure what it takes to get him but Seth/Lee and Utah 2nd rounder seems more than fair considering the amount of league interest. 

Brunson/Wright/JJax/Iggy/Kleber looks like a solid bench mob with 4 plus defenders.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - HanspardsShowerVoice - 12-12-2019

Skin has been hinting at Iggy on Twitter too. A wing that can switch on defense and can knock down catch and shoot 3s is the biggest need on this team, and I'm not sure it's particularly close.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - Scott41theMavs - 12-12-2019

I don't see any reason to trade real assets for Iggy when his likelihood of re-signing next summer is so low - and when his age would make his re-upping for a substantial deal quite unfortunate. I do agree that the Mavs are in a win-now mode, but I can't see trading youth assets for someone that old who wouldn't be part of the near-team future as well as the present.

(12-12-2019, 03:14 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote:

Oh yes, I remember half the board trashing Warren.

There's usually about 5 moves like this per offseason where we keep asking ourselves why MBT didn't jump on this. It has sadly become their M.O. They seem to overvalue "flexibility."

Most likely, MBT had their sights set on Delon/Seth combo for a home run offseason.

Anybody remember last broadcast Skin/Harper teasing an Iggy trade? They almost made it sound like they knew something was going down, wink-wink.

Iggy would greatly improve our bench. Not sure what it takes to get him but Seth/Lee and Utah 2nd rounder seems more than fair considering the amount of league interest.

Brunson/Wright/JJax/Iggy/Kleber looks like a solid bench mob with 4 plus defenders.

I see what you did there.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - omahen - 12-12-2019

(12-12-2019, 03:14 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: Iggy would greatly improve our bench. Not sure what it takes to get him but Seth/Lee and Utah 2nd rounder seems more than fair considering the amount of league interest. 

Why do you think there is league wide interest in him? It would be, if he was free. I bet there are not many teams willing to hand over 12 million+ in contracts and an asset

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - StepBackJay - 12-12-2019

It's not going to cost anything but Lee and a 2nd rounder or two for Mavs to get Iggy. If it costs more than that they are not going to pull the trigger.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - omahen - 12-12-2019

(12-12-2019, 04:44 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: It's not going to cost anything but Lee and a 2nd rounder or two for Mavs to get Iggy. If it costs more than that they are not going to pull the trigger.

Even that is too much imho. I don't think Iggy is enough to make us a contender. So why waste assets on 36 year old vet?