MavsBoard
2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart (/showthread.php?tid=206)

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - embellisher - 11-24-2019

(11-23-2019, 11:45 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(11-23-2019, 01:21 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/ChiSportUpdates/status/1198120547848208386

I dream about a potential Zach Lavine trade for our scraps. Dude would be the ultimate 6th man (hell even starter and can move Curry to the 6th man role).

ZL+Felicio for THJ+Lee+2nds. 

Chicago's front office might just be dumb enough to do it, but in all reality there is no way they're trading the 1 dude who fills the seats for spare parts.

They probably fire Boylen before making a trade like that.

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - Fuerza1 - 11-25-2019

Starting to think Seth/Powell are out 2 most expendable players, who just also so happen to be on long term contracts. Now might be a good time to dump them while we still can. 

Cody Zeller has been mentioned several times on here. Does Seth/Powell + filler get it done for The Big Handsome?

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - SleepingHero - 11-25-2019

(11-25-2019, 02:49 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: Starting to think Seth/Powell are out 2 most expendable players, who just also so happen to be on long term contracts. Now might be a good time to dump them while we still can. 

Cody Zeller has been mentioned several times on here. Does Seth/Powell + filler get it done for The Big Handsome?

Just last week I thought THJ was the deadest weight ever and shouldn't ever see the floor. He's streaky, but so far he's made a huge difference in the starting lineup and I'm hesitant to trade him before I see how that experiment ends.

I'd give Seth more rope since he's had the most inconsistencies with his minutes and injuries, so I'm not ready to call him expendable just yet.

Powell for sure needs to go, but we need another 5 who can play his roll better. Zeller is certainly a name that's crossed my mind as a better Powell, but watching him (and his stats) suggest he's more lateral than vertical move. It's hard to figure out what this team needs when they're producing at the rate they currently are. 

I wonder if OKC would be willing to do a Powell+Lee for Adams straight up.

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - SportPsychMav - 11-25-2019

I don't want to trade anybody right now because sometimes chemistry is more important than a better player ability wise.

What do you guys think of Jonas Valančiūnas

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - Scott41theMavs - 11-25-2019

(11-25-2019, 05:29 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Jonas Valančiūnas

Like him, but not sure why we would want to trade KP at this point. He's the only thing that could bring back JV aside from the Untouchable One.

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - SleepingHero - 11-25-2019

(11-25-2019, 05:44 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:

Like him, but not sure why we would want to trade KP at this point. He's the only thing that could bring back JV aside from the Untouchable One.

I feel like you're widely overrating JV's trade value.

(11-25-2019, 05:48 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:

Memphis might want to trade him for an expiring like Lee + picks and filler

Haven't said I want to trade Kristaps for him. I think Valanciunas has a great contract:

16m this year and declining each year.

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - Scott41theMavs - 11-25-2019

(11-25-2019, 05:54 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 05:48 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:

Memphis might want to trade him for an expiring like Lee + picks and filler

Haven't said I want to trade Kristaps for him. I think Valanciunas has a great contract:

16m this year and declining each year.

Sorry, I was confused and thinking of Vucevic. All those Euro centers with last names starting with V run together for me.

Valanciunas would be great. Not sure what it would take to get him.

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - Fuerza1 - 11-25-2019

(11-25-2019, 05:26 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Just last week I thought THJ was the deadest weight ever and shouldn't ever see the floor. He's streaky, but so far he's made a huge difference in the starting lineup and I'm hesitant to trade him before I see how that experiment ends.

I'd give Seth more rope since he's had the most inconsistencies with his minutes and injuries, so I'm not ready to call him expendable just yet.

Powell for sure needs to go, but we need another 5 who can play his roll better. Zeller is certainly a name that's crossed my mind as a better Powell, but watching him (and his stats) suggest he's more lateral than vertical move. It's hard to figure out what this team needs when they're producing at the rate they currently are. 

I wonder if OKC would be willing to do a Powell+Lee for Adams straight up.

Personally, I am not a big Adams fan. To me he'd have more of a DAJ type impact here rather than Tyson Chandler. He's physical and we could surely use more of that. For Powell + Lee, easily yes but I highly doubt that's OKC's best offer. 

I don't think we need a center, I am of the belief we find an upgraded 4-guy and keep KP at the 5. Kleber can play back-up 5 with Boban.  
(11-25-2019, 05:29 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: I don't want to trade anybody right now because sometimes chemistry is more important than a better player ability wise.

What do you guys think of Jonas Valančiūnas

I am fine with standing pat and giving this group to prove themselves in the playoffs then make the appropriate changes next off-season. But it's never too early to talk hypotheticals, and this is the Trade Ideas thread so lets get crazy. 

Jonas I don't see the need for him honestly. As stated above, I think we need a 4-guy who can stretch the floor, switch, and rebound at a fairly high level. Too bad those guys aren't easy to obtain. 

Would I love to have JV? Sure but depends who you give up.

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - jesusshuttlesworth82 - 11-25-2019

JV is not really a paint defender and he doesn't roll to the hoop.  Mavs could use an upgrade over Powell but I dont really see how he fits.

(11-25-2019, 07:05 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: JV is not really a paint defender and he doesn't roll to the hoop.  Mavs could use an upgrade over Powell but I dont really see how he fits.
Best center fit might actually be Drummond.

https://www.google.com/cameos/qkzpok1p/BrN_mm?hl=de

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/brian-zilem/blue-hardwood-podcast/e/54746426?autoplay=true

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/nba/2019/11/7/20953156/andre-drummond-detroit-pistons-stats-highlights-trade-value

I'm not campaigning for any trades, it's just thinking about who could be good and obtainable.

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - Mavsfan12 - 11-26-2019

In any trade, there are a couple of principles I wouldn't budge on unless for a bonafide young star - for which I would thank God.  Since no one is looking to gift us a young star, this is how I would view it.

1) Has to be a 2-way player.  The Mavs have too many one way guys.  One thing that has made us better this year is that 2 additions have been good on both ends - KP and Delon.  Adding a solid offensive player is always nice, but as someone said earlier (I think Dan), we need to find a way to pull up our defense without messing with our top rated offense.  So BG is out.  Defense wasn't his thing when he was an ELITE athlete.  

2)Preserve capspace for '21.  I know that the Mavs have been burnt in the past on plan powder, but we FINALLY have a scenario where we will win in FA.  Small, mobile contracts, are fine.  Having a big dollar guy that is a FA in 21?  Great.  Ammo for a s/t.  Having a 40M 36yo on your roster that everyone KNOWS you have to move to do anything?  uh-uh.  CP3 AND BG are big time fails here.

In '21, the Mavs are going to be THE destination.  Luka is going to be a entrenched superstar at 22 (!), and KP is going to be entering his prime at 26.  Who doesn't want to join that?  If I am Giannis, that is the place to be - with the perfect skillset combination with those 3.  Or you have Beal. Or many others that are ALL better than BG/CP3.  '21 is the last opportunity that the Mavs have to put in the final major piece to a long term championship run.  Don't screw it up with short term band aids!  Stop mortgaging the amazingly bright future for something that isn't even a sure thing!

Let this team grow and develop - especially getting KP comfortable and deadly!  Improve on the edges in a trade - I like both OPJ and TT.  OPJ has the ability to be an absolute stud on this team.  TT is an expirer who would be a huge upgrade on both ends for Powell. Best case is obviously that THJ stays with his newly rediscovered efficiency and DFS keeps keeping teams honest and the Mavs can simply focus their attention at the 5.   I think that a platoon of TT/Maxi (TT for the banger 5's and Maxi for the stretch 4's) would clean up our defense a lot.

Which brings me to 3)  Powell's contract has to be a focus of removal.  He is a great guy.  If they find someone, anyone who seems to like him, he HAS to be gone.  He is a roster spot that needs upgrading.  If you bring in someone to upgrade him, he is making 11M as a 3rd string.  He isn't good enough to even platoon with Maxi, and Maxi can't do it all without a platoon.  Soooo.. Has to go.  His contract isn't terrible in a vacuum, but for this team, the PLAYER doesn't fit.

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - Branduil - 11-26-2019

If THJ keeps playing like this, maybe my pipe dream becomes possible

[Image: Rfjgg3o.png]

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - aguiar95 - 11-26-2019

(11-26-2019, 09:22 AM)Branduil Wrote: If THJ keeps playing like this, maybe my pipe dream becomes possible

This would be outstanding. Let's hope Zion comes back and eats Favors' time. Jrue has struggled a bit this season because he and Ingram have to do the heavy lifting, here his first priority would be to defend. We would lack a backup SF.

Luka/Holiday/DFS/KP/Favors
Wright/Curry/(Roby/Broekhoff?)/Kleber/Powell

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - ItsGoTime - 11-26-2019

(11-26-2019, 09:22 AM)Branduil Wrote: If THJ keeps playing like this, maybe my pipe dream becomes possible

I proposed a trade like this a couple weeks ago. I think I had Powell going out instead of Lee or something. Here's something to possibly sweeten the deal. Use the TE to take a guy off a team's roster and get their first rounder for the troubles. Use the first rounder in this trade. We then have Lee to use at the TDL to get someone else that could be useful in the playoffs.

(Edit) At the time I proposed the trade Jrue was avg 12 ppg and wasn't looking like the guy they have had the last few years. He's since looked much better, making a trade much harder to come by. Also, if he's available, I'm sure a team like the Bulls would love to beat any offers for him right now to try and save their season.

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - omahen - 11-26-2019

Idea 1: We need a big who is tough and able to switch on perimeter. 

Chi: Lee, Jackson
Dal: Young, Felicio

Chicago might decide for another tankaton run before TDL and so a veteran like Young becomes redundant. Trade saves them almost 20 mil of cap for next season and they get a young wing. They could easily free cap for a max offer for Ingram.

Idea 2: Top heavy trades with top bottom. Dallas has long bench, Houston has a disaster. Houston also needs reliable shooters.

Hou: Powell, Jackson, Broekhoff
Dal: Capella

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - StepBackJay - 11-26-2019

Re: Powell yes I'd love to upgrade that position and Mavs were in a perfect spot to let him walk or trade him with one year left on his deal. For some reason they decided to extend him 3 more years which kills his value. They thought he was a starter for some reason. I think he is here for the foreseeable future. The good news is that he can still be a productive player and his salary number isn't terrible. The first thing the Mavs need to do is move him back to the bench.

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - farhan583 - 11-26-2019

Windhorst had a SC appearance where he said Mavs are suitors for an Iggy trade. Offering Lee and second round picks for him.

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - Jym - 11-26-2019

(11-26-2019, 07:27 PM)farhan583 Wrote: Windhorst had a SC appearance where he said Mavs are suitors for an Iggy trade. Offering Lee and second round picks for him.

Meh hopefully not

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - aguiar95 - 11-26-2019

(11-26-2019, 07:27 PM)farhan583 Wrote: Windhorst had a SC appearance where he said Mavs are suitors for an Iggy trade. Offering Lee and second round picks for him.

Powell for Iggy. Just get me out of this trash, soft player. Can't defend, shoot, rebound, pass.