MavsBoard
2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart (/showthread.php?tid=206)

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - Kammrath - 11-21-2019

(11-21-2019, 09:33 AM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Covington

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - SportPsychMav - 11-21-2019

(11-21-2019, 04:42 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(11-21-2019, 09:33 AM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Covington

[Image: giphy.gif]

One of my favorite players.

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - BigDirk41 - 11-21-2019

I'd be all over a RoCo trade

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - jesusshuttlesworth82 - 11-21-2019

Did I miss where Covington is available?  The Wolves look respectable for the first time in forever.

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - SportPsychMav - 11-21-2019

(11-21-2019, 05:56 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: Did I miss where Covington is available?  The Wolves look respectable for the first time in forever.

No you didn't miss a thing. I just said if I could freely chose any player in the league to fit this team it would be Robert Covington and Markus Smart.

(11-21-2019, 09:33 AM)SportPsychMav Wrote: If I can freely pick, I pick Covington and Smart

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - Kkswoosh - 11-22-2019

I just don’t see how Griffin even moves the needle ? The price would be massive and he does what Powell does. He’s got the same game, significantly better at it but not a game that is going to make or break a team

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - SportPsychMav - 11-22-2019

(11-22-2019, 11:04 AM)Kkswoosh Wrote: I just don’t see how Griffin even moves the needle ? The price would be massive and he does what Powell does. He’s got the same game, significantly better at it but not a game that is going to make or break a team

Griffin is an all around player, don't know what you are talking about.

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - Magickian - 11-22-2019

(11-22-2019, 11:04 AM)Kkswoosh Wrote: I just don’t see how Griffin even moves the needle ? The price would be massive and he does what Powell does. He’s got the same game, significantly better at it but not a game that is going to make or break a team

they are so drastically different in talent... 

this is almost like saying, we have our own D-Wade and don't need him, because we have DoJo... DoJo is just like D Wade remember? games the same etc... nevermind the fact that DoJo was no where near the realm of talent than D-Wade... Powell is the same distance in talent from Blake, that DoJo was to D-Wade

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - ClutchDirk - 11-22-2019

Griffin broke his hand hitting someone who work for the Clippers and also his pushing another worker into his crotch...

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - Magickian - 11-22-2019

(11-22-2019, 04:23 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Griffin broke his hand hitting someone who work for the Clippers and also his pushing another worker into his crotch...

yeah... I am not a fan of this at all... on court fit I think he would be great... tbh though I dont worry too much about bad character on this team. Has anyone else noticed how much of a natural leader Luka is? 

There is some gif of him slap boxing Boban... the way he laughs and high fives his teammates... the way he cheers on the bench for his team... the way he helps keep people involved both off and on the court...

DSj and his ego got the better side of him due to the likes of Wes and Jordan poisoning the well... but it seems obvious he completely regrets his attitude about it all and misses Luka as a friend and teammate. 

I think now that lockerroom is his and he has proven himself worthy on the court as one of the best already so players are more keen to be on board too. 

I could be wrong... and don't get me wrong I dont want rondo rype malcontents... but I dont think Blake falls into this category. I think someone of his immaturity issues could and would be reigned in by the leadership of Luka

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - fifteenth - 11-22-2019

Blake is great. Was really impressed when I saw him live at the AAC last year. He's changed his game to fit his age. I'm sure he'd be great here, but not sure I want to give up assetts to get an old guy just yet. And I don't want to disrupt the Luka/KP meshing curve. Blake might do that.

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - JamesConway - 11-22-2019

CP3 makes a million times more sense than Blake though. Griffin is a 30+% usage guy with at best mediocre three point shooting. CP3 is on a different level as a floor spacer + his usage is 8-10% lower.

I really don’t get the Blake-thing. His best days as a roll man must be over too.

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - fifteenth - 11-22-2019

(11-22-2019, 05:28 PM)JamesConway Wrote: CP3 makes a million times more sense than Blake though. Griffin is a 30+% usage guy with at best mediocre three point shooting. CP3 is on a different level as a floor spacer + his usage is 8-10% lower.

I really don’t get the Blake-thing. His best days as a roll man must be over too.

Yeah, now he's more of an iso guy and a low post bully I think.

I don't want Blake because I want Luka and KP to get their 2 man game sorted out and don't want to give up assets for an old guy.

Don't want CP because of his contract.

I want our current group to simmer awhile before a trade happens.

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - Branduil - 11-22-2019

I wonder if Jrue Holiday is still unavailable. I know they wanted mature vets around Zion but maybe they'll change their mind by the trade deadline.

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - Magickian - 11-23-2019

(11-22-2019, 07:24 PM)Branduil Wrote: I wonder if Jrue Holiday is still unavailable. I know they wanted mature vets around Zion but maybe they'll change their mind by the trade deadline.

Jrue was my NUMBER ONE want this offseason... I really hoped we would make a move for him as there were rumbles he was available but then that quietened up when they drafted Zion and planned to build around him.

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - JamesConway - 11-23-2019

Denver is also a highly interesting team. They are almost too deep with their rotation. Malik Beasley played a super promising season last year but has't gotten many minutes so far in 19-20.

He's only about to turn 23 but it's already his fourth season so he will enter RFA this upcoming summer.

If DEN doesn't want to pay him then he might be gettable for us at the TDL. Apparently the two parties couldn't agree on an extension over the summer and now he's having a rough start.

Some numbers last year:

23mpg over 80+ games
11ppg
60% TS
40% from three on five attempts 
+5 Net RTG
Only 18% usage
93rd percentile in spotups
6'4 SG

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - Mavs2019 - 11-23-2019

(11-23-2019, 12:01 PM)JamesConway Wrote: Denver is also a highly interesting team. They are almost too deep with their rotation. Malik Beasley played a super promising season last year but has't gotten many minutes so far in 19-20.

He's only about to turn 23 but it's already his fourth season so he will enter RFA this upcoming summer.

If DEN doesn't want to pay him then he might be gettable for us at the TDL. Apparently the two parties couldn't agree on an extension over the summer and now he's having a rough start.

Some numbers last year:

23mpg over 80+ games
11ppg
60% TS
40% from three on five attempts 
+5 Net RTG
Only 18% usage
93rd percentile in spotups
6'4 SG
I wonder if Denver sees any value in players like Powell or Curry. They have no way to add players in free agency, and might struggle to re-sign Plumlee, Beasley and Hernangomez (depending on the offers). So they could swap them at the deadline for role players under modest long-term contracts.

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - omahen - 11-23-2019

(11-23-2019, 12:13 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: I wonder if Denver sees any value in players like Powell or Curry.

I don't think so. They are somewhat similar to us - very deep team on all positions. Grant, Beasley, Hernangomez, Porter, Craig and Cancar are alll fighting for bench wing minutes. I would think they would be looking for a starter upgrade and they have all the assets needed to do it. Beal would be perfect for them, but that boat has sailed.

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - ClutchDirk - 11-23-2019

https://twitter.com/ChiSportUpdates/status/1198120547848208386

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - SleepingHero - 11-23-2019

(11-23-2019, 01:21 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/ChiSportUpdates/status/1198120547848208386

I dream about a potential Zach Lavine trade for our scraps. Dude would be the ultimate 6th man (hell even starter and can move Curry to the 6th man role).

ZL+Felicio for THJ+Lee+2nds. 

Chicago's front office might just be dumb enough to do it, but in all reality there is no way they're trading the 1 dude who fills the seats for spare parts.