MavsBoard
2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart (/showthread.php?tid=206)

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - SportPsychMav - 11-20-2019

(11-20-2019, 10:11 AM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: I'd much rather have Blake than CP3.

Make a wish!

Bradley Beal trade ? - Kkswoosh - 11-20-2019

What would it cost the Mavs to acquire Bradley Beal from the Wizards ? Is he on the trading block? I know he said he looked up to Dirk. Can you imagine having a backcourt with Beal and Luka ? We may have a legitimate chance at a championship this year

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - Kkswoosh - 11-20-2019

Go get Bradley Beal whatever it costs outside of Luka or KP. Trade whatever draft picks. We are going to be very good for a while and those will not matter. Beal,Luka, and KP would make us a championship contender this year and for years to come

RE: Bradley Beal trade ? - SportPsychMav - 11-20-2019

(11-20-2019, 10:21 AM)Kkswoosh Wrote: What would it cost the Mavs to acquire Bradley Beal from the Wizards ? Is he on the trading block? I know he said he looked up to Dirk. Can you imagine having a backcourt with Beal and Luka ? We may have a legitimate chance at a championship this year

Everyone would like that, we have a good trading history with Washington, but what would your deal look like that Washington would bite on?

RE: Bradley Beal trade ? - Kkswoosh - 11-20-2019

(11-20-2019, 10:30 AM)SportPsychMav Wrote:
(11-20-2019, 10:21 AM)Kkswoosh Wrote: What would it cost the Mavs to acquire Bradley Beal from the Wizards ? Is he on the trading block? I know he said he looked up to Dirk. Can you imagine having a backcourt with Beal and Luka ? We may have a legitimate chance at a championship this year

Everyone would like that, we have a good trading history with Washington, but what would your deal look like that Washington would bite on?

I’m not too sure but the papers in D.C have been saying the Wizards are intent on moving him and it got me thinking why not us? I’d imagine it would have to include multiple years of first rounders, young talent, and taking back the Wall contract from them to help them clear space and rebuild

RE: Bradley Beal trade ? - omahen - 11-20-2019

Beal can't be traded until summer. Besides I think he made it pretty clear he wants to stay. 

Just for theoretic reason, based on similar trades, the price for Beal would start with a good young player and at least 2 first round draft picks. Dallas has neither a young player that would be considered as having a very high upside neither 2 first round picks.

As much as I would love Beal in Dallas, I think this discussion is really pointless.

(11-20-2019, 10:34 AM)omahen Wrote:

Beal can't be traded until summer. Besides I think he made it pretty clear he wants to stay. 

Just for theoretic reason, based on similar trades, the price for Beal would start with a good young player and at least 2 first round draft picks. Dallas has neither a young player that would be considered as having a very high upside neither 2 first round picks.

As much as I would love Beal in Dallas, I think this discussion is really pointless.

He wants to stay the Wizards want to trade him for picks and to clear up space by adding Wall with him. The idea is Wall is done and his contract is dragging them down

(11-20-2019, 10:37 AM)Kkswoosh Wrote:

He wants to stay the Wizards want to trade him for picks and to clear up space by adding Wall with him. The idea is Wall is done and his contract is dragging them down

Anyway this is should be in the free for all talk of the trades sticky as it doesn't add much.

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - HanspardsShowerVoice - 11-20-2019

Detroit is already 4-9 and are losing Drummond in the offseason if they don't offer him a max contract that they'll regret as soon as he puts the ink to the paper. They know they're at the crossroads to decide if they need to give up the hope of contention or completely rebuild. They'll be sellers sooner rather than later.

(11-20-2019, 10:40 AM)SportPsychMav Wrote:
(11-20-2019, 10:37 AM)Kkswoosh Wrote:

Anyway this is should be in the free for all talk of the trades sticky as it doesn't add much.

Saw that after the fact my bad. I’m new on here

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - aguiar95 - 11-20-2019

I don't hate the CP3 idea, but it will leave us with a lot of small guards. If that happens, we might need to trade Brunson for a potencial wing defender (Rookie contract or fit into TPE), there might be some teams with those kind of prospects.

Keep an eye on DEN, all of their bench players have good value and could be usefull here.

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - StepBackJay - 11-20-2019

Just say no to CP3 y'all, its a non-starter in my view for the Mavs. I don't think they would consider CP3 under any circumstances. Btwn age, temperament, massive/horrible contract, fit and so on it's just a non-starter all the way around.

RE: Bradley Beal trade ? - jesusshuttlesworth82 - 11-20-2019

Mavs don’t have the assets to trade for Beal.

(11-20-2019, 12:38 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: Mavs don’t have the assets to trade for Beal.

I think they do, just would not want to.

Porzingis with THjr and brunson would easily net you Beal and wall and Mo Wagner.

Would not want to do that though.

I'm willing to give up brunson in any trade though, if he is the asking price.

Only Maxi, Luka are untouchables for me. Porzingis to a lesser degree.

As of now I wouldn't make a trade at all. Way too much room for internal improvement left.

Minor trade that's adding a bruiser would be interesting.

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - ItsGoTime - 11-20-2019

(11-20-2019, 10:11 AM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: We have multiple instances of CP3 ending every relationship with a fellow star teammate in a dumpster fire.  Why are we supposed to believe CP3 would be any happier deferring to Luka as the ball dominant player in the final 5 minutes than he was with Harden?
This is my worry with CP3 put into words that I didn't think of till now. The guys last year didn't seem to want to give in to Luka being who he is. CP3 is playing nice in OKC, but IMO that probably has to do with him knowing OKC will trade him as soon as he ups his image and teams start calling them as opposed to the other way around. I expect there to be some bristling around the TDL if he isn't in strong trade rumors by then.

RE: Bradley Beal trade ? - ItsGoTime - 11-20-2019

(11-20-2019, 10:32 AM)Kkswoosh Wrote: I’d imagine it would have to include multiple years of first rounders, young talent, and taking back the Wall contract from them to help them clear space and rebuild
They have their 2025 first rounder only that they can trade. The type of prospect that our young players are are not the type of prospect Was would be looking for. We could take on the Wall contract, and I'd be fine with that, but it would pretty much gut our team and we'd be loking for Ryan Anderson (and the like) to be a contributor that he hasn't been for 2 years.

(11-20-2019, 12:49 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(11-20-2019, 10:32 AM)Kkswoosh Wrote: I’d imagine it would have to include multiple years of first rounders, young talent, and taking back the Wall contract from them to help them clear space and rebuild
They have their 2025 first rounder only that they can trade. The type of prospect that our young players are are not the type of prospect Was would be looking for. We could take on the Wall contract, and I'd be fine with that, but it would pretty much gut our team and we'd be loking for Ryan Anderson (and the like) to be a contributor that he hasn't been for 2 years.

True. We would have to rely on minimum vets and who knows how that would work ? But I’d imagine with the Mavs big 3 at that point there would be a lot of interested ring chasers

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - Kkswoosh - 11-20-2019

Is CP3 better than a healthy Wall ?

(11-20-2019, 01:07 PM)Kkswoosh Wrote:
(11-20-2019, 12:49 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:

True. We would have to rely on minimum vets and who knows how that would work ? But I’d imagine with the Mavs big 3 at that point there would be a lot of interested ring chasers

Big 3s really shorten the window sadly. I think it's not the way to go.

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - SportPsychMav - 11-20-2019

(11-20-2019, 01:08 PM)Kkswoosh Wrote: Is CP3 better than a healthy Wall ?

I rather eat walls contract with Beal as a sweetener than taking Chris Paul in.
But I'm biased, Paul is the player in the league who just disgusts me.