MavsBoard
2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart (/showthread.php?tid=206)

RE: Trade Ideas - SportPsychMav - 11-13-2019

(11-13-2019, 01:26 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/OPPMagicBlog/status/1194675765603897344

Makes no sense, they suck at shooting, DeRozan isn't a prime shooter. But maybe it fits their style of bruising and cruising.

RE: Trade Ideas - aguiar95 - 11-13-2019

(11-13-2019, 01:26 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/OPPMagicBlog/status/1194675765603897344

Guess it would have to be Fournier + Bamba + 1st ? Can't see they letting go of Gordon for Derozan.

RE: Trade Ideas - ClutchDirk - 11-13-2019

https://twitter.com/SeanDeveney/status/1194633689021337600

(11-13-2019, 02:05 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/SeanDeveney/status/1194633689021337600

If he can still play some he is the perfect fit, might be to old though.

RE: Trade Ideas - JamesConway - 11-13-2019

(11-13-2019, 02:25 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 02:05 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/SeanDeveney/status/1194633689021337600

If he can still play some he is the perfect fit, might be to old though.
The GM/decision makers need to be fired if we trade for Iggy now.

He was available for nothing but caproom in June/July AND the team that took him on even got a 1st round pick from GS for absorbing him. Now a few months later we're supposed to offer assets to get him? 

Seriously. That deal would be indefensible as it would show a complete lack of organizational foresight. Yikes.

And for the record: I wanted us to get the Iggy-trade done back then. Add a solid vet AND get a 1st. That was such a no-brainer just like the Harkless-trade.

But here we are again....wondering how we can find a sucker that gives us an upgrade even though we have barely any tradeable assets of interest. Same thing every year.

RE: Trade Ideas - fifteenth - 11-13-2019

(11-13-2019, 04:05 PM)JamesConway Wrote: Same thing every year

I wish! Last trade deadline we traded for a potential star and before last season we traded for a future league MVP!!! If we could do that every season we'd challenge for the Celts consecutive championships streak!!!!

If I browse through what small forwards/shooting guards in the league exist, almost none of the fitting ones is available from my point of view.

Galinari might be the most gettable. If we trade for someone interesting we probably have to throw in Jackson and Brunson.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/contracts/small-forward/

RE: Trade Ideas - JamesConway - 11-13-2019

(11-13-2019, 04:10 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 04:05 PM)JamesConway Wrote: Same thing every year

I wish! Last trade deadline we traded for a potential star and before the season we traded for a future league MVP!!! If we could do that every season we'd challenge for the Celts consecutive championships streak!!!!
Luka/KP have nothing to do with my post. Or are their acquisitions now supposed to whitewash/justify everything else? What kind of logic is that?

We went into the summer with $30M of caproom and got a bunch of role players. MEM picked up Iggy, got a 1st and now DAL is reportedly offering assets to get him.

Of course fans will call the FO out on stuff like that. I'm not the first one to do it and won't be the last.

(11-13-2019, 04:12 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: If I browse through what small forwards/shooting guards in the league exist, almost none of the fitting ones is available from my point of view.

Galinari might be the most gettable. If we trade for someone interesting we probably have to throw in Jackson and Brunson.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/contracts/small-forward/
He'd be a great help. But we don't have the assets for Gallo. Dude is worth a 1st. Nobody on our roster who we'd be willing to part with has that type of value.

Our best bet is messing up our payroll even more by absorbing an even worse contract in return for Lee.

Dallas had a great off-season plan, just failed at it.

It was the craziest free agency in league history with the supposedly the most outrageous tampering going on. Obviously Dallas is really bad at recruiting (tampering).

They will make a trade for sure, it's just that we will have to sacrifice brunson/Curry/Jackson, as we don't have any worthwhile picks.

From an incremental standpoint we can only hope for the miracle that Tim Hardaway fixes his mental lapses as he can possibly fill the role of 2nd/3rd scorer.

I still think he should start alongside doncic.

I personally wanna see Carlisle try a doncic, wright, Hardaway, Boban, Porzingis lineup.

Bench should be mainly Luka/Brunson + Powell pick and roll.

RE: Trade Ideas - fifteenth - 11-13-2019

(11-13-2019, 04:14 PM)JamesConway Wrote: Luka/KP have nothing to do with my post. Or are their acquisitions now supposed to whitewash/justify everything else? What kind of logic is that?

We went into the summer with $30M of caproom and got a bunch of role players. MEM picked up Iggy, got a 1st and now DAL is reportedly offering assets to get him.

Of course fans will call the FO out on stuff like that. I'm not the first one to do it and won't be the last.

I didn't whitewash anything. I just made sure to include two of the things.

RE: Trade Ideas - omahen - 11-13-2019

(11-13-2019, 01:54 PM)aguiar95 Wrote: Guess it would have to be Fournier + Bamba + 1st ? Can't see they letting go of Gordon for Derozan.

I don't see them giving up basically their only shooter. It will be either Gordon or Isaac plus stuff.

RE: Trade Ideas - aguiar95 - 11-13-2019

(11-13-2019, 06:04 PM)omahen Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 01:54 PM)aguiar95 Wrote: Guess it would have to be Fournier + Bamba + 1st ? Can't see they letting go of Gordon for Derozan.

I don't see them giving up basically their only shooter. It will be either Gordon or Isaac plus stuff.

0% chance to put Isaac on it. They are not that dumb. Gordon is on a team friendly contract, not sure about  that. Fournier is just a salary match, they don't have many (Gordon, Fournier or a combination of Ross, Augustin, Aminu).

RE: Trade Ideas - omahen - 11-13-2019

(11-13-2019, 06:27 PM)aguiar95 Wrote: 0% chance to put Isaac on it. They are not that dumb. Gordon is on a team friendly contract, not sure about  that.

They have like 27 PF/C guys on their roster, who all deserve minutes. And neither ot them can play a wing. So the only smart thing to do is to move one (or more) of them for a wing shooter. My guess would be, they will move Gordon, because he has value and can bring something back. DeRozan is not a three point shooter but he is still a vast upgrade over any other guy they are playing at wing now. Trading Fournier for DeRozan would make them even worse. Fournier is an excellent shooter but the only one the opposing defense needs to take care off. And none on the team can really create to get him open looks.

RE: Trade Ideas - Jym - 11-14-2019

Luka continues to absolutely blow me away. I thought he was a couple years away from being this consistently great 
This offseason disturbs me more and more as I look back. No future assets collected, no set starters. What an absolute waste. 
We're not exactly very mobile now but I hope we go all in for some 3rd/4th guys if deals pop up. I hope we dont bog ourselves down with yet another cap chase in 2021. Teams have proven again and again the cap really isn't an issue if a good player wants to play for them. 
We dont necessarily need another great scorer but we do need another perimeter guy who can get his points without Luka creating looks for them.

RE: Trade Ideas - burekemde - 11-14-2019

(11-14-2019, 12:42 AM)Jym Wrote: Luka continues to absolutely blow me away. I thought he was a couple years away from being this consistently great 
This offseason disturbs me more and more as I look back. No future assets collected, no set starters. What an absolute waste. 
We're not exactly very mobile now but I hope we go all in for some 3rd/4th guys if deals pop up. I hope we dont bog ourselves down with yet another cap chase in 2021. Teams have proven again and again the cap really isn't an issue if a good player wants to play for them. 
We dont necessarily need another great scorer but we do need another perimeter guy who can get his points without Luka creating looks for them.

Also think the current roster is "wasting" a superstar that has arrived and dominating with extreme consistency, he has improved in every facet of the game since last season, FT, penetration, in the paint, asssiting, etc.. There is not another good starter on the team. There are two average or below average starters in Wright and Kleber, and even they would be bench players on other good teams, would start only on the worst teams in the league. The positive is a VERY deep bench of several players that are better bench players on the usual team. This and Luka has been the driving force so far. KP is also playing like a bench player at the moment, but it is all clear things will improve with time, nobody knows when. At the moment I would ride the best players as much as possible and get the most out of this (Luka, Wright, Kleber, Boban, JJ, KP).

RE: Trade Ideas - dirkfansince1998 - 11-15-2019

Mavs should definitely be active on the trade market.

My pipe dream...

Turn

Lee
THJ
Powell
Broekhoff
infinite amount of 2nd round picks

into

Favors
Bertans
Crowder

RE: Trade Ideas - aguiar95 - 11-15-2019

(11-15-2019, 07:01 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Mavs should definitely be active on the trade market.

My pipe dream...

Turn

Lee
THJ
Powell
Broekhoff

into

Favors
Bertans
Crowder
I'm in on Favors, out on Bertans and Crowder. We need starter caliber players. Don't see Crowder and Bertans beign the ones to put us on top. I'm so mad with this team that evertbody not named Luka or KP is available. Here are some names that I think will be available: Adams, Gallinari, Gordon, Porter, Thompson, Derozan, Bogdanovic.

RE: Trade Ideas - dirkfansince1998 - 11-15-2019

(11-15-2019, 07:35 AM)aguiar95 Wrote:
(11-15-2019, 07:01 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Mavs should definitely be active on the trade market.

My pipe dream...

Turn

Lee
THJ
Powell
Broekhoff

into

Favors
Bertans
Crowder
I'm in on Favors, out on Bertans and Crowder. We need starter caliber players. Don't see Crowder and Bertans beign the ones to put us on top. I'm so mad with this team that evertbody not named Luka or KP is available. Here are some names that I think will be available: Adams, Gallinari, Gordon, Porter, Thompson, Derozan, Bogdanovic.

Not aiming as high because the Mavs have no tradeable 1st or any other valuabe asset outside of KP and Luka. I tried to keep it realistic.
I also don´t think that everybody should be available. Given the right offer (legit 3rd star) I might change my mind but the Mavs shouldn´t give up their entire bench depth for a single starting caliber player. That solves one problem but creates a new one that might be even bigger.

I like Crowder and Bertans because they are realistically obtainable. One adds elite 3-point shooting. The other veteran toughness, defense and grind.

RE: Trade Ideas - StepBackJay - 11-15-2019

(11-15-2019, 07:45 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote:
(11-15-2019, 07:35 AM)aguiar95 Wrote:

My pipe dream...

Turn

Lee
THJ
Powell
Broekhoff

into

Favors
Bertans
Crowder

Not aiming as high because the Mavs have no tradeable 1st or any other valuabe asset outside of KP and Luka. I tried to keep it realistic.
I also don´t think that everybody should be available. Given the right offer (legit 3rd star) I might change my mind but the Mavs shouldn´t give up their entire bench depth for a single starting caliber player. That solves one problem but creates a new one that might be even bigger.

I like Crowder and Bertans because they are realistically obtainable. One adds elite 3-point shooting. The other veteran toughness, defense and grind.

Mavs assets are losing value but I think they will recoup by the TDL. Curry, Wright and so on have some value. Mavs won't get a superstar but they could definitely get a good piece. I can't believe we have JJB and Jackson with DNPs. This Mavs team clearly has too many 7th men on it. We need to cash in a few guys for 1 real starter. Favors would be great. Gordon would be great (albeit hard to get). Adams would be amazing. Each day that goes by I am willing to give more and more for Adams. I would trade them just about anybody for Adams at this point save KP and Luka.

RE: Trade Ideas - BigDirk41 - 11-15-2019

If the Mavs want to make the playoffs a trade is a must. Until the players start performing, we would be losing value trading right now. I really don't know the answer right now. Everyone other than Luka is underperforming. Yes Brunson, Jackson, Lee (only as a expiring) and Seth have trade value. DP isn't tradeable. THJ isn't tradeable except for CP3 which I'm ok with at this point. Wright may or may not be tradeable currently. He clearly would be if he starts playing like he did last year. Maxi should stay unless needed in a trade that clearly makes us a better team. DFS is untradeable other than a throw in. He's shooting under 30% on 3's. Those type of wings rarely get any time now especially on good teams. I would say that DFS shouldn't ever start, but what are the other options?Right now Jackson and KP are the only players with decent 3 point percentages. I do think Jackson should start at the 2, but that's just my opinion.

Bottom line we are going to have to take back some bad salary to get a good player unless we include Brunson or Jackson. My complaint this off-season and it hasn't changed is that you don't spend big money on bench players. You spend money on stars or sure starters. You develop role players. Tons of players on the cheap can come in and give you 6-8 points on 20 mpg. You don't pay 8-9 million a season for a player like that. This off-season was handled very poorly.

I don't think we are a playoff team without a trade so the upside of that is we will have a lottery pick worst case. I don't know the magic fix, but we need more true starters.