MavsBoard
2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart (/showthread.php?tid=206)

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - omahen - 08-16-2020

(08-16-2020, 06:25 PM)chaparral Wrote: Campazzo  /  Brunson  /  Burke

I'm sorry, but you are just delusional about Campazzo. He is 29 years old, 6 foot tall, shoots 31 % from three this season in Euroleague (41 % in Spanish league, but he is not a lights out shooter - carreer 35 %), first year he made it as number 1 PG in Real. He can pass, but he will be just exploited on defense. I said it again - he is TJ McConnel at best. A nice guy of the bench, but no where near a starter on a contender and certainly not a 7 mil per guy. He would took Barea role behind Doncic and Brunson in Dallas, if Dallas would sign him.

(08-16-2020, 06:25 PM)chaparral Wrote: After that Cuban needs to pony up and buy BOS's two late 1st round picks

And Boston will certainly not sell 2 picks for 5 mil. If yes, than our #18 is worthless in a trade anyway

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - chaparral - 08-16-2020

(08-16-2020, 07:30 PM)omahen Wrote:
(08-16-2020, 06:25 PM)chaparral Wrote: Campazzo  /  Brunson  /  Burke

I'm sorry, but you are just delusional about Campazzo. He is 29 years old, 6 foot tall, shoots 31 % from three this season in Euroleague (41 % in Spanish league, but he is not a lights out shooter - carreer 35 %), first year he made it as number 1 PG in Real. He can pass, but he will be just exploited on defense. I said it again - he is TJ McConnel at best. A nice guy of the bench, but no where near a starter on a contender and certainly not a 7 mil per guy. He would took Barea role behind Doncic and Brunson in Dallas, if Dallas would sign him.

(08-16-2020, 06:25 PM)chaparral Wrote: After that Cuban needs to pony up and buy BOS's two late 1st round picks

And Boston will certainly not sell 2 picks for 5 mil. If yes, than our #18 is worthless in a trade anyway

OK, forget about the delusional part and the worthless attempt to buy 2 late 1st round picks.  What about the main body of the trade?

Hardaway, Wright and Finney-Smith plus 18 and 31 for Gordon and Fournier?  (keep in mind that Gordon's last year and a S&T Fournier could be used for the Greek Freak S&T trade)...  Wow, I'm out there now???

And let me make another attempt at the MLE - Crowder and Hernangomez @ a 70/30 split.  (FYI - I do not think the MLE will be 10 mil this offseason).

2 Questions - would we have the ability's to dump (no action Jackson) and pick-up another vet min player?  Or buying a later 2nd round pick (if it does not diminish the value of picks 18 and 31)?

Porzingis  /  Powell /  Maranovic
Gordon  /  Kleber  /  Hernangomez
Crowder  /  Jackson  /  Lee
Fournier  /  Curry  /  Reaves
Duncic  /  Brunson  /  Burke

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - SleepingHero - 08-16-2020

(08-16-2020, 10:53 PM)chaparral Wrote: Duncic
Doncic. 

His name is Doncic.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Scott41theMavs - 08-16-2020

Chaparral, who the heck is this Duncic guy you keep posting about?

Srsly, man, that's like people who used to say "Novitzi" or "Nowinski."

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - omahen - 08-17-2020

(08-16-2020, 10:53 PM)chaparral Wrote: Hardaway, Wright and Finney-Smith plus 18 and 31 for Gordon and Fournier?  (keep in mind that Gordon's last year and a S&T Fournier could be used for the Greek Freak S&T trade)...  Wow, I'm out there now???

I like this proposal on our part. Might be a bit light for Orlando. From their perspective I see it this way - the deal is not really improving them and the assets are not good enough for a rebuild. So, if I am them, I would want stronger assets or better players. 

(08-16-2020, 10:53 PM)chaparral Wrote: And let me make another attempt at the MLE - Crowder and Hernangomez @ a 70/30 split.  (FYI - I do not think the MLE will be 10 mil this offseason).

MLE will be somewhere around 9-10 mil, so that is ok. I think Hernangomez is a vet min guy. Crowder is ok for MLE, we could use an enforcer type

(08-16-2020, 10:53 PM)chaparral Wrote: 2 Questions - would we have the ability's to dump (no action Jackson) and pick-up another vet min player?  Or buying a later 2nd round pick (if it does not diminish the value of picks 18 and 31)?

Of course we can dump Jackson, that shouln't be a problem. Perhaps better to use him in a trade though. Buying a second round pick is also possible. Rumors are also about first round picks, perhaps more in the light of moving up.

Wright + if needed Jackson + #18 and I am in

https://theathletic.com/1999968/2020/08/17/how-the-pistons-could-use-christian-wood-in-a-sign-and-trade-to-add-assets/

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - ItsGoTime - 08-17-2020

SnT isn’t available at the draft so it would have to be whatever player we pick at 18 that is the extra asset or a future pick, 2017 I believe will be available then.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - SamStetz - 08-17-2020

(08-17-2020, 02:56 AM)omahen Wrote: Of course we can dump Jackson, that shouln't be a problem. Perhaps better to use him in a trade though. Buying a second round pick is also possible. Rumors are also about first round picks, perhaps more in the light of moving up.

Although this might not make a ton of sense, this is where Dallas having the 31st pick could have some sneaky value. If the cap drops and teams are trying to avoid the tax, end of the first round teams could try to trade back to 31 (since second round picks are not guaranteed any money) and may even add a future second rounder to do so.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - chaparral - 08-17-2020

(08-16-2020, 11:17 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Chaparral, who the heck is this Duncic guy you keep posting about?

How about Luka's look alike friend Loka.

What do you think is trade value of Norman Powell? He had an excellent regular season, but Toronto could use cap space and has other guards they could use. 2021 cap space is the mantra for Toronto, so only expiring salary comes into play. THJ+18 for Powell and McCaw (or Johnson or both)?

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - DanSchwartzgan - 08-18-2020

(08-17-2020, 06:02 PM)omahen Wrote: What do you think is trade value of Norman Powell? He had an excellent regular season, but Toronto could use cap space and has other guards they could use. 2021 cap space is the mantra for Toronto, so only expiring salary comes into play. THJ+18 for Powell and McCaw (or Johnson or both)?

I like Norman Powell's one season of above average play.  But THJ AND 18?  Really?

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - omahen - 08-18-2020

Not really sure how credible this guy is, but some people would love to get Bjelica and it might be easier than expected: I never thought it is a possibility Kings not picking his option. As we already guessed here - one of Hield/Bogdanovic might leave.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/kings/how-vlade-divacs-departure-impacts-kings-upcoming-critical-offseason

(08-18-2020, 07:17 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: I like Norman Powell's one season of above average play.  But THJ AND 18?  Really?

THJ also has one season of above average play Smile My arguments are, that I assume (didn't really see him play a lot) he is much better defensively and his salary is much lower. I added the pick because I just don't see Toronto trading him without it - I think we are getting a better and cheaper player. Neglecting expiring MMcCaw or/and Johnson gets us to around 10 mil of cap space. Dump a combination of Jackson, Bobi, Wright and we can get into twentish per year discussion. Ibaka, Morris, Van Vleet, Wood, Harrell, Harris, Milsap, Grant (if he opts out) are just some of unrestricted free agents above MLE that could be a nice fit.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - StepBackJay - 08-18-2020

Just a reminder I was all about some Marcus Morris last summer and the TDL. Fans on this board (and the prev DB one) were all hey MM is a bad guy and all that. He is a very underrated player.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Mavs2019 - 08-18-2020

(08-18-2020, 12:55 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Just a reminder I was all about some Marcus Morris last summer and the TDL. Fans on this board (and the prev DB one) were all hey MM is a bad guy and all that. He is a very underrated player.
 Well I was all about paying the refs and nobody would listen to me. Big Grin

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - JamesConway - 08-18-2020

Don't think we've talked about him here, but what if Hayward opts out? Would most likely have to be a SnT but with #18 #31 Brunson and expirings like Jackson/THJr we might be able to open up an avenue for him. He turned 30 in March and is still pretty darn good. Not a 3D wing but very, very skilled at 6'7.

(08-18-2020, 01:39 PM)JamesConway Wrote: Don't think we've talked about him here, but what if Hayward opts out? Would most likely have to be a SnT but with #18 #31 Brunson and expirings like Jackson/THJr we might be able to open up an avenue for him. He turned 30 in March and is  still pretty darn good. Not a 3D wing but very, very skilled at 6'7.

Nah. He just got hurt again. Out four weeks with an ankle sprain.

We should remain patient. From the 2020 FA "summer" until the big show in 2021 it will be just 7-8 months and somewhere in between you have a seller´s TDL.

I hate for us to give up so many assets for players like Hayward or Gordon, when we can sign a player of their quality for free next summer without giving up three cheap assets like #18, #31 and Brunson.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - JamesConway - 08-18-2020

(08-18-2020, 01:57 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote:
(08-18-2020, 01:39 PM)JamesConway Wrote: Don't think we've talked about him here, but what if Hayward opts out? Would most likely have to be a SnT but with #18 #31 Brunson and expirings like Jackson/THJr we might be able to open up an avenue for him. He turned 30 in March and is  still pretty darn good. Not a 3D wing but very, very skilled at 6'7.

We should remain patient. From the 2020 FA "summer" until the big show in 2021 it will be just 7-8 months and somewhere in between you have a seller´s TDL.

I hate for us to give up so many assets for players like Hayward or Gordon, when we can sign a player of their quality for free next summer without giving up three cheap assets like #18, #31 and Brunson.
Tough comparison Imo, Hayward is on a different level as a player and most importantly has a usable skill set. His PnR skills, outside shot, ballhandling in general combined with the size and athleticism of a legitimate NBA wing would be a boost to this team. Gordon otoh is a pretty raw player who does flashy dunks and has defensive potential, but no role in an halfcourt offense unless you play him as a rim runner.

Fully onboard with not giving away assets without a decent return but I think GH would be worth it. I question his overlapping style of play with Luka a bit but tbh having two high level 6'7 ballhandlers sounds like a great problem to have.

Plug him into the team over THJr or Seth and that's a significant upgrade. You'd maintain the offensive production but with added size/defense/athleticism. Suddenly you got Luka & Hayward as your ballhandlers so you can pair them with Maxi, DFS and KP from 3 to 5. That's a well balanced, skilled starting group with great size and athleticism at all spot.

We've talked about Gallo a bit, Imo Hayward belongs in the same category. Maybe even slighly higher due to the better fit and younger age.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - dirkfansince1998 - 08-18-2020

https://twitter.com/MattGeorgeKHTK/status/1294793910594629633

Kings just cannot help themself. New GM. Same mistakes. He would be a solid pickup in a split MLE scenario.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - StepBackJay - 08-18-2020

Just saying a Danny Green on this team would go a long way. If you could get him without really giving much up (not sure what that is). Just think ab Danny starting instead of Maxi. Maybe Mavs do a 3 way to get him here. You could do worse than that. Lots of FA options as well. We just need a defensive stud in there that can harass the other team's best player and hit 3s on the other end.

(08-18-2020, 02:09 PM)JamesConway Wrote:
(08-18-2020, 01:57 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote:

Tough comparison Imo, Hayward is on a different level as a player and most importantly has a usable skill set. His PnR skills, outside shot, ballhandling in general combined with the size and athleticism of a legitimate NBA wing would be a boost to this team. Gordon otoh is a pretty raw player who does flashy dunks and has defensive potential, but no role in an halfcourt offense unless you play him as a rim runner.

Fully onboard with not giving away assets without a decent return but I think GH would be worth it. I question his overlapping style of play with Luka a bit but tbh having two high level 6'7 ballhandlers sounds like a great problem to have.

Plug him into the team over THJr or Seth and that's a significant upgrade. You'd maintain the offensive production but with added size/defense/athleticism. Suddenly you got Luka & Hayward as your ballhandlers so you can pair them with Maxi, DFS and KP from 3 to 5. That's a well balanced, skilled starting group with great size and athleticism at all spot.

We've talked about Gallo a bit, Imo Hayward belongs in the same category. Maybe even slighly higher due to the better fit and younger age.
Yes I´d say Gallo is in the same category, but I´m not in favour of a wing playmaker, even though I like both players. Size-wise Luka is already that guy. To me it looks like we need another "point" guard that can create his own shot and 2-3 athletic wing defenders (hopefully MKG can be one of them).

I thought the Mavs roleplayers were doing fine, until everything in the roation collapsed by a position due to the Porzingis ejection and the responsibility for THJ/Curry/DFS was just too much to handle mentally. Now they felt they had to make their shots.

I´ll add MKG to the keepers tab.

Doncic/Brunson
X/Curry
DFS/MKG
X/Kleber
Porzingis/X

Need to nail one draft pick, one free agency move and you set yourself up for the big one in 2021.

I still can´t believe how hard they shot themselves in the foot with that stupid Powell extension. That will cost us assets to shovel free the necessary capspace in 2021. It´s funny when you do it for Giannis, a little less when it turns out you have to give up Brunson, #18 and #31 just to clear the room for Jrue Holiday.