MavsBoard
2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart (/showthread.php?tid=206)

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - omahen - 08-03-2020

(08-03-2020, 12:09 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: How much cap room do we have this summer if we let THJ walk? If we convince him to re-sign for $10 mil starting per year?

Around 9 million.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Jym - 08-03-2020

(08-03-2020, 12:09 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: How much cap room do we have this summer if we let THJ walk? If we convince him to re-sign for $10 mil starting per year?

I kinda figure he'll opt in but if he opts out we could have around 25 mil in capspace. That also includes the 18th pick and a Willie opt out.
At least that's using the old reality from shamsports
In that reality the cap rises from 109 mil up to 117 mil
http://www.shamsports.com/capulator

Will be interesting to see what Covid does to the cap. May be a situation where the cap this summer stays pretty flat or maybe even drops
Also going forward I dont see how the 20-21 season carries on in a normal fashion either. No way do the players agree to living in a bubble for a full season. This 2 to 3 month max situation was probably right on the edge of what most of them would agree to.
Either way ticket sales account for something like 20 to 25% of the NBA revenue
https://www.statista.com/statistics/193410/percentage-of-ticketing-revenue-in-the-nba-since-2006/
A full 20-21 season with no fans and sporadic play is going to wreck that 2021 cap

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Mavs2019 - 08-04-2020

If the Mavs want to sign Campazzo to replace JJB, why can´t they do it right now? Huh

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - omahen - 08-04-2020

(08-04-2020, 04:46 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: If the Mavs want to sign Campazzo to replace JJB

Not really a big Campazzo fan, but JJB looks totally washed.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Aussiebballer - 08-05-2020

(08-04-2020, 04:46 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: If the Mavs want to sign Campazzo to replace JJB, why can´t they do it right now? Huh

Rules don't allow teams to sign any player, there is a specific list of recent NBA players teams were able to sign.
ie JR Smith, Trey Burke.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - JamesConway - 08-05-2020

Is Kuzma any good? Have seen some talk about his defense being pretty decent but I can't say I'm following the Lakers much. Doesn't appear to me that he's untouchable but should still have some upside left while playing a position of need. Would be the low budget-version of signing Gallo instead (& via trade)

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - omahen - 08-05-2020

(08-05-2020, 08:58 AM)JamesConway Wrote: Is Kuzma any good?

Good or not good, Kuzma is available only for (very) good win now piece. Youngsters, picks and players like Wright are not it. I doubt Mavs have anything on the roster Lakers would be interested in trading for Kuzma.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Scott41theMavs - 08-05-2020

I just think the Mavs are really going to have to pull a rabbit out of a hat in order to improve their starting lineup with the (non-)assets and (non-)flexibility they have this offseason. I truly believe they have to add two significant (e.g. bottom half of the best 100 players in the NBA) pieces in the offseason in order to secure the future, and their situation means they will be lucky to obtain one. That second piece had better be an absolute grand slam with the MLE. You aren't getting too many starters for that money, but the Mavs have to accomplish that. That, to me, is the path to a successful offseason - pull off a trade miracle with some of #18, #31, THJ, DFS, Wright, Jackson, Brunson, and Powell (and Maxi and Curry if the guy is a top 50 player) to obtain one starter, get one of the three most eye-popping MLE signings in the entire league, and fill out the roster with savvy vet min signings.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - chaparral - 08-05-2020

What do you all think about adding Avery Bradley?  He has a PO this offseason and is a Duffy client.  Would he rate the full 3 year MLE or could we split to match his 2021 salary of 5 mil.  You could start him at SG and move Curry back to the bench, also this would keep THJ at SF.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Scott41theMavs - 08-06-2020

(08-05-2020, 05:17 PM)chaparral Wrote: What do you all think about adding Avery Bradley? He has a PO this offseason and is a Duffy client. Would he rate the full 3 year MLE or could we split to match his 2021 salary of 5 mil. You could start him at SG and move Curry back to the bench, also this would keep THJ at SF.

If the Mavs could do that and then find a way to acquire Favors, Aaron Gordon, or perhaps IGT's OPJ, then I'm not sure it would be a complete/great offseason, but at least we'd be fielding a far better team than this year.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - omahen - 08-06-2020

(08-06-2020, 12:15 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: great offseason

Great offseason would be to trade for Richardson and sign one of Grant, Ibaka, Millsap or Woods for MLE.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - michaeltex - 08-06-2020

(08-06-2020, 12:15 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(08-05-2020, 05:17 PM)chaparral Wrote: What do you all think about adding Avery Bradley?  He has a PO this offseason and is a Duffy client.  Would he rate the full 3 year MLE or could we split to match his 2021 salary of 5 mil.  You could start him at SG and move Curry back to the bench, also this would keep THJ at SF.

If the Mavs could do that and then find a way to acquire Favors, Aaron Gordon, or perhaps IGT's OPJ, then I'm not sure it would be a complete/great offseason, but at least we'd be fielding a far better team than this year.

I'm OK with Gordon or OPJ, not sure Favors does anything to improve the team. Of the other two, I'd say OPJ is the best chance. I think NOP are much less likely to let Gordon go with Isaac's injury.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - aguiar95 - 08-06-2020

I feel the best option for us is to move up (reasonable trade, anything but Luka/KP) and grab Devin Vassell. He's the best 3&D prospect in a while. Defensive IQ. Help defense, Perimeter defense, PNR defense, On-ball defense, you name it. His ceiling is not high so he won't be drafted top-5, but he's an awesome fit here. I truly believe, the same way Luka was the GOAT european prospect, Vassell is the GOAT 3&D prospect.

For that bruiser PF, T. Young, J. Johnson, P. Millsap (MLE) could fill that role short-term (can't really see anyone but AG for that role long-term).

Dream scenario:

Trade 1 = T. Young for D. Wright.

Trade 2 = #18, #31, '25 1st for D. Vassell (#7-#11).

Luka/Brunson
THJ/Curry
Vassell/DFS
Young/Kleber
KP/Powell

In '21, when THJ expires (no extensions please), we can try and sign another good 3&D wing like Oubre/Richardson/Holiday/Anunoby/OPJ/Hayward.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - omahen - 08-06-2020

(08-06-2020, 09:30 AM)aguiar95 Wrote: In '21, when THJ expires (no extensions please), we can try and sign another good 3&D wing like Oubre/Richardson/Holiday/Anunoby/OPJ/Hayward.

With the exception of Holiday, you should be able to keep both THJ and sign another around 20 per player. With the exception of Holiday, none of the above should be over 20 per. If needed, we can get more space by trading Powell.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - StepBackJay - 08-06-2020

(08-06-2020, 09:28 AM)michaeltex Wrote:
(08-05-2020, 05:17 PM)chaparral Wrote: What do you all think about adding Avery Bradley?  He has a PO this offseason and is a Duffy client.  Would he rate the full 3 year MLE or could we split to match his 2021 salary of 5 mil.  You could start him at SG and move Curry back to the bench, also this would keep THJ at SF.

I'm OK with Gordon or OPJ, not sure Favors does anything to improve the team. Of the other two, I'd say OPJ is the best chance. I think NOP are much less likely to let Gordon go with Isaac's injury.

Not sure ab that they have tons of bigs. They have Vuc and Bamba at the center spot then remember Aminu who is there and capable of manning the PF spot. I can't imagine they think they will be locking up Gordon long term so they still need to move him.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - dirkfansince1998 - 08-06-2020

Talking about bigman. With the Covid situation impacting the market. Will players like Favors or Ibaka be available for the full MLE?

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Mavs2019 - 08-06-2020

(08-06-2020, 01:04 PM)StepBackJay Wrote:
(08-06-2020, 09:28 AM)michaeltex Wrote:

Not sure ab that they have tons of bigs. They have Vuc and Bamba at the center spot then remember Aminu who is there and capable of manning the PF spot. I can't imagine they think they will be locking up Gordon long term so they still need to move him.
Aminu would be a nice addition, too. Unfortunately there seems to be nothing on there side to balance the salaries with THJ, though I´d take Fultz or Bamba.

Aminu leads the Magic in DRPM ahead of Isaac.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - JamesConway - 08-07-2020

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1291724102860967937?s=20

There were reports about DAL being interested 1-2 weeks ago.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Mavs2019 - 08-07-2020

(08-07-2020, 08:50 AM)JamesConway Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1291724102860967937?s=20

There were reports about DAL being interested 1-2 weeks ago.
If those numbers are accurate, he´d have to pay €5.2M out of his own pockets. How much are teams willing to pay for (best case) 29 year old JJB? 

Prime JJ himself never earned more than $4.5M a year. That will require a lot of mental gymnastics to make that a realistic financial scenario.

Our core is

Doncic/Brunson
X/Curry
DFS/X
X/Kleber
Porzingis/X

There is no point paying the 3rd string PG more than the minimum, unless he´s a stud defender that can play along-side Doncic. 

First job is to find takers for Powell and/or Wright. Let THJ, Jackson and Boban expire.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Mike lorenzo - 08-07-2020

hello friends ... glad to find some "familiar" names on this board. I am Spanish and I see Campazzo constantly, in my eyes he is really good, he is small ... yes, but ... plays with a lot of energy, very fast hands and great defense a great assistant think of Jason Williams not very scorer my doubts would be his shot in the NBA much better player than Brunson or Delon in my opinion A Dragic level being different players