MavsBoard
2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart (/showthread.php?tid=206)

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - omahen - 04-25-2020

(04-25-2020, 12:19 PM)JamesConway Wrote: The Dragon will be an UFA this summer

I think he is extremely happy in Miami, not just because of basketball reasons. He made a home there, family is with him.  Miami is also happy to have him. No way full MLE would be nearly enough to get him. I am 99.99 % sure he stays in Miami. If he would want to come, he would already be in Dallas. 

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - aguiar95 - 04-26-2020

https://sircharlesincharge.com/2020/04/26/nba-mock-offseason-clippers-win-beal-traded/

Some intresting trades and signings.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - omahen - 04-26-2020

(04-26-2020, 08:02 AM)aguiar95 Wrote: Some intresting trades and signings.

Great piece, really a lot of thought has been given in.

Dallas:
- traded Brunson and Jackson for Kennard. I would do it
- downgraded #31 pick for 2 Philly picks (#36 and #37). Also something I would consider doing

Some interesting details:
- they see Bertans sign a 4 year 72 million deal
- they value Dunn at 42 mil for 3 years
- they value Gordon just as a difference between #6 and #16 draft pick in 2020 week draft (rest are salary fillers). I doubt that would be enough for Orlando
- Favors is valued at 2 years full MLE
- Saric is also above MLE at 34 mil for 3 years
- Horford and Richardson are traded for Rose and Snell (don't tell me THJ and Wright are not a better offer Smile )
- Markannen is traded for #10 pick
- Jones Jr is valued at full midlevel
- Valentine is valued at league min
- Beasley is only valued at 32 mil for 3 years (come on, certainly he has higher value than Dunn)
- J. Hernangomez is valued at 25 for 3 years
- Hart is traded to Clippers for second round pick and ANW to Milwaukee for DJ Wilson (at these prices I would trade for both of them immediately)
- this trade is an absolute joke, why the hell would LAC do that!?: Zubac+2 second rounders for a future second rounder
- Ibaka is valued at MLE

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - ItsGoTime - 04-26-2020

Crowder and 1 of Favors or Ibaka would be good vet starter additions when also adding 2 rookies. Not a big splash offseason, but solid pickups to give the current group a vote of confidence and keep continuity.

Since Crowder gets the MLE from us (not positive he gets that), SnT Wright for Favors (going 4 years MLE to beat NO offer that they don't want to give). NO gets a ball handler after trading Jrue.

I like keeping our picks in the draft and getting Isaiah Stewart and Cassius Stanley.

Luka/JB/JJB (farewell season)
THJ/Curry/Stanley
Jae/DFS/JJ
DFavors/Super Glue/Stewart
KP/Powell/Boban

I like the balance of this team with guys in backup roles that CAN start for periods of time when the injury bug hits, or just take lots of heavy load off the starters throughout the season to keep them rested by playing heavy minutes. We also have 2 guys that can guard heavy hitters in Jae and Favors when we get to teams that have 2 big men starting or in with the starters so KP can guard the wing as needed. Lots of defense in that group as well as plenty of offense. Also, one of the most important pieces, the best bench in the league back in their rightful positions doing what they do best. Also a healthy mix of veterans and youth.

Minutes distribution something like:

Luka (32)/JB (18)/JJB (6)
THJ (28)/Curry (22)/Stanley (8)
Jae (24)/DFS (24)/JJ (8)
Favors (24)/Super Glue (24)/Stewart (12)
KP (32)/Powell (when he gets back and going 16)/Boban (10)

(04-26-2020, 10:55 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Not a big splash offseason, but solid pickups to give the current group a vote of confidence and keep continuity.

I like your idea. What we would lack is to get a player to guard best opposing 1-2. DFS did that and I think Crowder can't do it. How about Langston Galloway in that role? 

Regarding Ibaka or Favors, I don't really see the incentive on either Toronto or Pelicans to do the Wright SnT, without adding some kind of picks. Alternatively perhaps we can sign them for MLE (assuming this is their limit) and trade Wright for Snell (or trade Brunson +JJ for Kennard).

(04-26-2020, 11:12 AM)omahen Wrote: I like your idea. What we would lack is to get a player to guard best opposing 1-2. DFS did that and I think Crowder can't do it. How about Langston Galloway in that role? 

Regarding Ibaka or Favors, I don't really see the incentive on either Toronto or Pelicans to do the Wright SnT, without adding some kind of picks. Alternatively perhaps we can sign them for MLE (assuming this is their limit) and trade Wright for Snell (or trade Brunson +JJ for Kennard).
Thanks. 

I think the difference with opposing bigs vs opposing smalls is that you can funnel the smalls into your 2 heavy hitter shot blockers in Favors and KP. If you have opposing bigs, you can't throw a big body at him that you don't have. Other thing is Favors and Jae are your enforcers who knock smalls on their butts for driving too much and have really good replacement backups should they find themselves in foul trouble.

As far as incentive for NO (I realize there is none for Tor since they already gave Wright away), NO would need a backup PG, esp after trading Jrue. In the article, they sign Payton for $8M, they wouldn't have to do that. They also lose Favors for nothing anyway in this scenario, so getting something like Wright is a pretty big something IMO.

(04-26-2020, 11:37 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: so getting something like Wright is a pretty big something IMO

Only if you (or Nola in our case) see him as positive at his wage. I don't. I think Nola can get same production from a back-up PG for less money, which takes away their incentive for Favors SnT.

(04-26-2020, 11:41 AM)omahen Wrote: Only if you (or Nola in our case) see him as positive at his wage. I don't. I think Nola can get same production from a back-up PG for less money, which takes away their incentive for Favors SnT.
Sure they would have to think they can get a bit more production out of him than he showed here. I don't think that is an unfair conclusion to make after seeing what he went through here. In this article, they have NO picking up Elfrid Payton for $8M. I think those two are about on par with eachother and the extra $1M price tag isn't that big a deal esp when Wright's deal is declining the next year. I think you've been quite harsh on Wright this season, maybe he does deserve it, I'm not so sure though.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - DanSchwartzgan - 04-26-2020

(04-26-2020, 08:48 AM)omahen Wrote:
(04-26-2020, 08:02 AM)aguiar95 Wrote: Some intresting trades and signings.

Great piece, really a lot of thought has been given in.

Dallas:
- traded Brunson and Jackson for Kennard. I would do it
- downgraded #31 pick for 2 Philly picks (#36 and #37). Also something I would consider doing

Thanks for the summary.  Long article, so I was glad you saved me some time.  You missed the Jae Crowder 3 years at the MLE part and the C. Lee one year minimum part for Dallas.

I think trading Jackson and some guard makes sense.  Doing it for an expiring (but restricted) player also makes great sense as it keeps options open for 2021.  It is a one year try out with rights.  I think Kennard would look pretty good with the space he'd see here (see McDermott, Doug).  Between him, THJ,  Curry and Wright, that's a lot of mix and match guards to put with Luka.  Some with distribution skills and all but one of whom can shoot from outside.  Kennard's hold in 21 is about the same as the Brunson/Jackson combo.

I am OK with the theory of dropping from 31 to 36 & 37.  I wasn't overly enthralled with who they picked for us, but the theory seemed good.

If we are using the full MLE for 3 years, I hope the player we get is better than Crowder.  I get that he adds a tough veteran to the mix at backup SF/PF.  Seems like an 8th man.  There are other people they think are MLE level that I'd probably rather have.

(04-26-2020, 12:53 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: I am OK with the theory of dropping from 31 to 36 & 37

Along with their first rounder, Philly has 4 second rounders and the top two are actually #34 and #36 if the standings stay as they are, which is most likely. I think it is safe to say Philly will not draft all of them. Trade makes sense for both teams, especially if there will be someone Philly really likes left at 31. Alternatively we could probably buy #49 from them for cash, if we like the 3 picks strategy.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - chaparral - 04-26-2020

(04-26-2020, 12:00 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(04-26-2020, 11:41 AM)omahen Wrote: Only if you (or Nola in our case) see him as positive at his wage. I don't. I think Nola can get same production from a back-up PG for less money, which takes away their incentive for Favors SnT.
Sure they would have to think they can get a bit more production out of him than he showed here. I don't think that is an unfair conclusion to make after seeing what he went through here. In this article, they have NO picking up Elfrid Payton for $8M. I think those two are about on par with eachother and the extra $1M price tag isn't that big a deal esp when Wright's deal is declining the next year. I think you've been quite harsh on Wright this season, maybe he does deserve it, I'm not so sure though.

We could trade # 18 to Philly for # 22 and two of there 2nd rounders.  We would not get Stewart but Reed or Bey should be there at # 22.  Then do the deal with NO for Favors (S&T) for Wright and one or both of Philly's 2nd's.

I do like your Crowder and Favors off season idea.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - JamesConway - 04-26-2020

Any interesting guys out there who will enter RFA in 2021? Age-wise those guys would fit well and that's usually the type of players who get moved for less than expected (e.g. Noel for Simba + a protected 1st back when Noel still had promise) when made available.

The combination of a relatively small caphold + full bird rights could allow us to more long-term firepower while not mortgaging much of our 2021 caproom.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - aguiar95 - 04-26-2020

If Favors is not available, I'm not sure how Cavs fans feel about him, but Larry Nance Jr.'s stats are GREAT. Maybe Wright + 2nd rounder for Nance? Feels like he could start here.

(04-26-2020, 02:09 PM)JamesConway Wrote: Any interesting guys out there who will enter RFA in 2021?

Most realistic I think is Kennard. Another interesting option could be Hart. Trent too, but I think Portland will want to keep him.

Allen and Markannen are possible to change teams but I am not really sure about the fit. Markannen is basically KP light, Allen would be needed just as a back up center - he is worth more than that. 

Isaac and Collins are pipedreams. How about Orlando keeps Gordon and we pay a "kings ransom" for Isaac? 2020 1st, 2025 1st, Brunson for example. I would offer THJ, Brunson and both 1sts for Collins. I think things would have to go awfully wrong in Atlanta for Collins to be available.

The rest are either staying (Tatum, Fox, Adebayo, Mitchell) or not really interesting. There is also a bunch of dissapointments like Ntilikina, DSJ, Wilson, Monk, Leaf, but I don't think we would be interested.

(04-26-2020, 02:20 PM)aguiar95 Wrote: I'm not sure how Cavs fans feel about him, but Larry Nance Jr.'s stats are GREAT. Maybe Wright + 2nd rounder for Nance?

I would do that deal for Osman. I am not really sure about Nance

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - JamesConway - 04-26-2020

(04-26-2020, 03:23 PM)omahen Wrote:
(04-26-2020, 02:09 PM)JamesConway Wrote: Any interesting guys out there who will enter RFA in 2021?

Most realistic I think is Kennard. Another interesting option could be Hart. Trent too, but I think Portland will want to keep him.

Allen and Markannen are possible to change teams but I am not really sure about the fit. Markannen is basically KP light, Allen would be needed just as a back up center - he is worth more than that. 

Isaac and Collins are pipedreams. How about Orlando keeps Gordon and we pay a "kings ransom" for Isaac? 2020 1st, 2025 1st, Brunson for example. I would offer THJ, Brunson and both 1sts for Collins. I think things would have to go awfully wrong in Atlanta for Collins to be available.

The rest are either staying (Tatum, Fox, Adebayo, Mitchell) or not really interesting. There is also a bunch of dissapointments like Ntilikina, DSJ, Wilson, Monk, Leaf, but I don't think we would be interested.

(04-26-2020, 02:20 PM)aguiar95 Wrote: I'm not sure how Cavs fans feel about him, but Larry Nance Jr.'s stats are GREAT. Maybe Wright + 2nd rounder for Nance?

I would do that deal for Osman. I am not really sure about Nance
Kennard is intrigueing. Only 23 yet already a highly efficient high volume three point shooter with serious playmaking skills. Dude put up a 117 ORtg despite being on the Pistons. He's like a 6'5/6'6 mix between Seth and Brunson lol. He'd fit like a glove in our offense.

I also really like Josh Hart but I wouldn't quite offer #18 for him. I'd do for Kennard though + then some if needed to.

(04-26-2020, 04:03 PM)JamesConway Wrote: I also really like Josh Hart but I wouldn't quite offer #18 for him. I'd do for Kennard though + then some if needed to.

Totally agree. Hart I would try with a couple of second rounders. Perhaps even offer Brunson. The original idea for Kennar from that article was Brunson + JJ (no pick). I'd do that immediately. I wouldn't really include a first. Kennard is expecting a pay day next season and I am not really sure he is worth it.

I find it odd that someone who tells me that Crowder isn't a good idea cause there isn't a person to guard the 1-2 would suggest Luke Kennard as being a good idea. I think we will find that Bertans and Kennard will fall back down next year to where they should be...as poor substitutes for the real deal, Seth Curry. Kennard has played only 28 games this season and had a huge leap in those 28 games, not sure why anyone would willingly pay Brunson for him, let alone more than the #18 pick.

I guess we all have our favorites.

(04-26-2020, 05:38 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I find it odd that someone who tells me that Crowder isn't a good idea cause there isn't a person to guard the 1-2 would suggest Luke Kennard as being a good idea.

I said I wouldn't include a pick. And I wouldn't put Kennard in the starting five. You still have MLE to sign Crowder if you like. This team would be full of shooters and incredibly deep. I agree with some others there are better targets than Crowder for the MLE.

Luka, Wright, #31 or vet min
THJ, Seth, 
DFS, Kennard, #18
Crowder, Maxi
KP, Powell, #31 or vet min

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - chaparral - 04-26-2020

Dan, Omahen,

Could you please list some names of played that will be available for the MLE better then Crowder?  I was thinking that Derrick Jones might be an option, but "Its Go Time" feels he is better coming off the bench.  The MLE if spent in full should be used for a starter.  A 3/4 or 4/5 type of player, IMHO.

(04-26-2020, 08:09 PM)chaparral Wrote: Omahen

First of, I am not sure if Crowder is a starter on a contender. He is a back up in Miami, for example. He is not really a great shooter. On the other hand he is tough and Dallas certainly lacks an enforcer or two.

Difficult to say which guys would really be available for MLE. Probably more, if you are willing to hand out a multiyear offer. Ibaka, Favors, Harris, KCP might be available, although I see it more as a long shot. 

Guys that I see as realistic and would be interesting would be Justin Holiday, Saric, J. Hernangomez and Jones Jr. With the exception of Holiday they are young and have upside. I really like Hernangomez.