MavsBoard
2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart (/showthread.php?tid=206)

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - ClutchDirk - 02-20-2020

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28737693/nine-chaotic-moments-shake-suddenly-stable-nba

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - ItsGoTime - 02-20-2020

(02-20-2020, 11:06 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: It would be interesting if you did OPJ for THJ and DW (or Jackson?). Is OPJ injury prone? It's hard for me to picture Mavs going in that direction as it's basically a 1 yr fix. I suppose you do that if you think you can replace THJ's production with Curry or perhaps Dragic for 1 yr then maybe you do OPJ as another stop-gap until you get to 2021.
Huh? It wasn’t OPJ for THJ and DW, unless you’re proposing this as a new trade, then shooting it down.

(02-20-2020, 11:13 AM)Mapka Wrote: Shouldn't we look to get a real Starter without giving up a good Starter. 
Shuffeling a well fitting for a often injured Player seems to be a step back. And Wright - Satoransky seems to be a wash.
I don’t see it that way. I think Sat is pretty close to Bogdanovic as a player and that skill set works much better with this team as currently constructed. OPJ was coming off injury and then got re-injured. If he works out when he gets here, great. Let him finish out his contract and re-sign him to a reasonable contract when it ends. If not, use the money to sign another target.

(02-20-2020, 12:00 PM)omahen Wrote: Well no thank you for that. This would be a robbery from Chicago. OPJ ship has sailed at TDL.
I don’t see it that way, but at least I got an evaluation from you as opposed to just the constant beat-down of “it won’t work”.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - StepBackJay - 02-20-2020

(02-20-2020, 12:00 PM)omahen Wrote:
(02-20-2020, 11:06 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: until you get to 2021.

This infatuation with 2021 free agency is just puzzling. Outside of the Freak, what is so special in 2021? Competing with half a league for a couple of good players. See special thread
(02-20-2020, 10:40 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: OPJ and Sat make $8M more than THJ and DW

Well no thank you for that. This would be a robbery from Chicago. OPJ ship has sailed at TDL.

Mavs love max FA slots. I think they'd argue they are no worse off carving out max space. They certainly aren't going to give up that strategy now with 2 stars in the fold. The challenge years prior is that guys don't want to be the first building block, they want to be the last big piece that puts a team in true contention. I agree that I would rather just try to acquire talent. If you acquire talent you can easily get cap space when you need it. But Mavs gonna Mavs.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - jesusshuttlesworth82 - 02-20-2020

For trades, Wright is probably the odd man out because you need his salary to trade for an incoming player.  Brunson makes too little and we need Seth.

1.  What can you get for 20th pick, 31st pick, Delon Wright, and Justin Jackson?  (some package like that)
Wright is probably worth what he's making.  Jackson has negative value.  Would be willing to add DFS in the deal if the guy we're getting back is a really good wing?  I think Maxi is close to untouchable and Powell is close to untradeable.  

2.  What can you get for MLE? 
There is now way you're getting Bertans or Harrell types for the MLE.

(02-20-2020, 05:41 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: There is now way you're getting Bertans or Harrell types for the MLE.
Wonder if we could do some kind of SnT with LAC for Harrell. He’s a guy I’d like for the bruiser type role.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - aguiar95 - 02-20-2020

(02-20-2020, 05:41 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: For trades, Wright is probably the odd man out because you need his salary to trade for an incoming player.  Brunson makes too little and we need Seth.

1.  What can you get for 20th pick, 31st pick, Delon Wright, and Justin Jackson?  (some package like that)
Wright is probably worth what he's making.  Jackson has negative value.  Would be willing to add DFS in the deal if the guy we're getting back is a really good wing?  I think Maxi is close to untouchable and Powell is close to untradeable.  

2.  What can you get for MLE? 
There is now way you're getting Bertans or Harrell types for the MLE.

If KP is playing C, I would love for us to get Grant (DEN) for the full MLE, assuming he opts out and a trade-and-extend Oubre for Wright + Jackson + DAL 2020 1st or 2020 GSW 2nd if possible (not both).

Doncic/THJ/Oubre/Grant/KP
Brunson/Seth/DFS/Kleber/WCS
Boban/draft pick/Vet min guys

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - omahen - 02-20-2020

(02-20-2020, 05:53 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Wonder if we could do some kind of SnT with LAC for Harrell. He’s a guy I’d like for the bruiser type role.

Why bother with SnT? We can just clear cap to sign him, if he wants to come here. At least we would keep our picks this way.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Mavs2019 - 02-20-2020

(02-20-2020, 06:08 PM)omahen Wrote:
(02-20-2020, 05:53 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Wonder if we could do some kind of SnT with LAC for Harrell. He’s a guy I’d like for the bruiser type role.

Why bother with SnT? We can just clear cap to sign him, if he wants to come here. At least we would keep our picks this way.
Well it all depends what the other side wants. I´d be willing to do a S&T like say Dunn + Felicio + $6M in cash + future 2nd pick for Wright. Get off that long-term commitment, while also keeping the full MLE and our 2020 picks.

(02-20-2020, 06:08 PM)omahen Wrote: Why bother with SnT? We can just clear cap to sign him, if he wants to come here. At least we would keep our picks this way.
Not so sure LaC would really look for picks as the main part of a SnT package. They’re in win now mode so the package would most likely be someone who helps them now. If that cost is higher than the cost of getting rid of players to clear space (and we have those trades agreed on), then I go the least harmful way. That may be the clear cap way, or SnT route.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Mapka - 02-21-2020

(02-20-2020, 04:39 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(02-20-2020, 11:13 AM)Mapka Wrote: Shouldn't we look to get a real Starter without giving up a good Starter. 
Shuffeling a well fitting for a often injured Player seems to be a step back. And Wright - Satoransky seems to be a wash.
I don’t see it that way. I think Sat is pretty close to Bogdanovic as a player and that skill set works much better with this team as currently constructed. OPJ was coming off injury and then got re-injured. If he works out when he gets here, great. Let him finish out his contract and re-sign him to a reasonable contract when it ends. If not, use the money to sign another target.

So your looking for some untapped potencial in Sat? I can see this, even as I can´t see it. But swapping THjr for OPjr is an overpay to me.  It´s the Bulls, they might give you a pick for swapping DW-Sat Big Grin

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - omahen - 02-21-2020

Screw it, let's go all European:
1. Trade Powell and one of the firsts (2020 or 2025) for cap space. WCS opts out, gift Bobi to someone
2. SnT THJ and a first for Bogdanovic SnT. Bogi deal starting at 15 per. We have some 25 mil of cap space at this point
3. Sign J. Hernangomez for a deal starting at 9 mil
4. Sign Fournier for a deal starting at 16 per
5. Trade Brunson for Ntilikina and Brazdeikis
6. Trade DFS for Osman
7. Trade Wright and Curry for Schroeder
8. Trade JJ for Mikhailuk or Guduric or some other nothing special European
9. Sign European drafted with 31pick
10. Sign Belineli, Sefolosha, Hernangomez and Bender for vet min

Luka, Ntilikina, 31st pick
Fournier, Schroeder, Belineli, Brazdeikis
Bogdanovic, Osman, Sefolosha
Hernangomez, Kleber
KP, Hernangomez, Bender

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - StepBackJay - 02-23-2020

I hope Mavs could cash in their picks on a big trade but I am not sure that will happen. They might want to trade their picks for 2021 picks and run out this squad one more time.

In the scenario where they keep Jackson (though I'd like to see him moved) I see four spots open: MKG, WCS, Lee and Boban. I like Boban but Rick refuses to play him or rely on him in any meaningful way so should Mavs just buy him out? MKG and WCS are both candidates to return on cheap deals. I think Lee could be replaced with another vet that has more upside or perhaps a rookie should Mavs decide to draft a player they like.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - omahen - 02-23-2020

(02-23-2020, 09:07 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: I see four spots open: MKG, WCS, Lee and Boban.

I agree WCS and MKG will likely not be with Mavs. Lee is gone for sure. I think it is also time for Barea to retire. Boban will stay or be used as a salary dump. If needed, they will just cut him. I wonder why Reeves doesn't get any chance since they don't really care about winning a lot, based on yesterdays performance.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Scott41theMavs - 02-23-2020

(02-23-2020, 10:35 AM)omahen Wrote:
(02-23-2020, 09:07 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: I see four spots open: MKG, WCS, Lee and Boban.

I agree WCS and MKG will likely not be with Mavs. Lee is gone for sure. I think it is also time for Barea to retire. Boban will stay or be used as a salary dump. If needed, they will just cut him. I wonder why Reeves doesn't get any chance since they don't really care about winning a lot, based on yesterdays performance.

Re: WCS: why the Mavs engage in their half-decade-long love affair with weak/can't rebound/can't defend the rim/not enough length Powell just because he can set picks and rim-roll and is great in the locker room, and then can't find minutes for a guy who may not be such a great locker room presence but can do all of the things that Powell can't and is serviceable in what he can, I just can't fathom. After a while, enough of this crap is enough. The problem isn't that Willie can't shoot threes, because Powell can't either. And the problem isn't Donnie - he traded for WCS. Guess who's the problem. That's right - the guy I've spent the past decade defending. If WCS doesn't get minutes - and zero DNP-CDs - the rest of the way, I will be at the head of the pitchfork mob.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Fuerza1 - 02-23-2020

(02-23-2020, 11:36 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Re: WCS: why the Mavs engage in their half-decade-long love affair with weak/can't rebound/can't defend the rim/not enough length Powell just because he can set picks and rim-roll and is great in the locker room, and then can't find minutes for a guy who may not be such a great locker room presence but can do all of the things that Powell can't and is serviceable in what he can, I just can't fathom. After a while, enough of this crap is enough. The problem isn't that Willie can't shoot threes, because Powell can't either. And the problem isn't Donnie - he traded for WCS. Guess who's the problem. That's right - the guy I've spent the past decade defending. If WCS doesn't get minutes - and zero DNP-CDs - the rest of the way, I will be at the head of the pitchfork mob.

IN MY OPINION (KEY WORD: OPINION) Carlisle is still trying to justify (too late for that) the Powell contract; his fingerprints are all over that premature $33M extension. 

We wrote guys off like McGee, Noel, etc. for dead because we believed in Carlisle. But those guys are better two way players at a fraction of the cost for superior playoff teams.

Now some are saying WCS just isn't that good; hello, deja vu. WCS was a starting big for a near playoff team a year ago. Mavs have much better talent around him than he had last season in SAC. He has a skillset that fits this offensive system. The guy can freakin' play!

Inexcusable Powell can play 27 mpg and WCS can't even see half of that per night. Watch WCS sign with a team like BOS this summer and provide quality minutes.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - SkenfromLMF - 02-23-2020

I think there is a possibility that Dallas is intentionally keeping WCS' value low as a long play.

I know that he is putting in work pregame on his shooting. He looks pretty good in that setting so I don't think it is a dog house situation unless his propensity to foul on defense is due to laziness from Rick's perspective.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - StepBackJay - 02-23-2020

Mavs protesting the game now, they definitely have a case with the weird ref calls late

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Hypermav - 02-23-2020

All we do is copy cat the Rocketts, puke Smile

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1231699348892766209?s=20

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Mavs2019 - 02-23-2020

(02-23-2020, 05:30 PM)Hypermav Wrote: All we do is copy cat the Rocketts, puke Smile

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1231699348892766209?s=20
 And the Rockets/Harden are always well-received by the refs, when the play-offs start. Sad

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - ClutchDirk - 02-24-2020

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2876725-flight-risk-meter-for-nbas-top-20-free-agents-in-2020