MavsBoard
2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart (/showthread.php?tid=206)

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Donnie missed team flight for important business? (TDL Feb 6) - Jym - 02-06-2020

So we're really going to go into the 2021 offseason with plenty of capspace but not quite enough for a full max slot? 
Quality plan. Worked wonders the previous 3 times

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Donnie missed team flight for important business? (TDL Feb 6) - TXBamanut - 02-06-2020

Well, I've enjoyed wasting a giant chunk of my day and focus.......for nothing, Mark, Donnie and Rick (although Rick tried to tell us).

Later guys.

And thanks Clutch for keeping everyone UP to date!  Nice job!

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Donnie missed team flight for important business? (TDL Feb 6) - BigDirk41 - 02-06-2020

Another failure by the Mavs. We love our boys in blue.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Donnie missed team flight for important business? (TDL Feb 6) - omahen - 02-06-2020

(02-06-2020, 03:03 PM)Jym Wrote: So we're really going to go into the 2021 offseason with plenty of capspace but not quite enough for a full max slot? 

Only if THJ doesn't take his PO

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Donnie missed team flight for important business? (TDL Feb 6) - StepBackJay - 02-06-2020

Mavs offseason wasn't great. Curry was a win. Boban was a bust. Wright is sort of in the middle, okay but not amazing. Issue there is we could have done better. Mavs needed a wing not another guard. You can see that Wright is redundant with Brunson even though they have different abilities. Harkless was a wing that Mavs could have had and added an asset.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Donnie missed team flight for important business? (TDL Feb 6) - ClutchDirk - 02-06-2020

(02-06-2020, 03:03 PM)TXBamanut Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 02:59 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 02:54 PM)TXBamanut Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 02:51 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 02:48 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Oh, so you've come around that there should be pitchforks if the Mavs don't make a deal! Welcome aboard.
Nope just trolling the "end of the worlders"...

I know you aren't calling me an "end of the worlder" --- I ARTICULATELY expressed exactly where I am.  We may sit this one out and it may be a good thing, there may have been no deals to be had, but regardless of how much I like our team, it feels like you are sitting in the middle of all your cousins on Christmas, and you are the only one without a gift to open.
Doesn't mean you freak out, but it is a little depressing.
Did I say Bama in my post?...

You quoted my post and responded....then when asked if you were coming around you said "Nope just trolling the 'end of worlders'" --- If it wasn't me, why'd you quote me and respond?  That's where my rationale came from...
Just having fun since my hands are cramping and I am very tired right now...doing this on a small phone is super hard while also having to stay near the charger...

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Donnie missed team flight for important business? (TDL Feb 6) - StepBackJay - 02-06-2020

(02-06-2020, 03:05 PM)omahen Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 03:03 PM)Jym Wrote: So we're really going to go into the 2021 offseason with plenty of capspace but not quite enough for a full max slot? 

Only if THJ doesn't take his PO

THJ's PO is this summer. Mavs will have a max slot or close enough in 2021 I guarantee it. If we know anything ab the Mavs we know they worship at the alter of the max FA slot.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Donnie missed team flight for important business? (TDL Feb 6) - Scott41theMavs - 02-06-2020

Has there been an official "no Mavs moves" announcement yet?

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Donnie missed team flight for important business? (TDL Feb 6) - JamesConway - 02-06-2020

(02-06-2020, 03:05 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Mavs offseason wasn't great. Curry was a win. Boban was a bust. Wright is sort of in the middle, okay but not amazing. Issue there is we could have done better. Mavs needed a wing not another guard. You can see that Wright is redundant with Brunson even though they have different abilities. Harkless was a wing that Mavs could have had and added an asset.
Looking back: undwhelming use of all the caproom we had in July.

Now Lee can't be traded anymore and the trade exception has expired.

Yikes.

(02-06-2020, 03:07 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Has there been an official "no Mavs moves" announcement yet?

It will be an "almost moves" announcement about all the great deals we passed on or almost got done

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Donnie missed team flight for important business? (TDL Feb 6) - Mavs2019 - 02-06-2020

It´s almost unfair to all the shitholes around the league that the Mavs front office operates almost at their level, but they lucked into Dirk, Doncic and Carlisle. Just when the murmurs started to grow about the Mavs FO competency the Hawks/Kings give us Luka. Imagine us having Bamba or WCJ instead.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Donnie missed team flight for important business? (TDL Feb 6) - omahen - 02-06-2020

(02-06-2020, 03:05 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Another failure by the Mavs. We love our boys in blue.

Definitely dissapointed. However, all wings were sold for a lot of assets. Morris is the only exception and he might actually be gettable, if Mavs wanted too. GSW2nd is basically the same as Clippers first and Harkless is nothing special. 

Dissapointed we couldn't get at least a couple of second rounders for TE and Lee. I think it will hurt us in summer. Although seems like Mavs will just add the two picks and run another season with this group.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Donnie missed team flight for important business? (TDL Feb 6) - dirkfansince1998 - 02-06-2020

(02-06-2020, 03:05 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 02:54 PM)TXBamanut Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 02:51 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Nope just trolling the "end of the worlders"...

I know you aren't calling me an "end of the worlder" --- I ARTICULATELY expressed exactly where I am.  We may sit this one out and it may be a good thing, there may have been no deals to be had, but regardless of how much I like our team, it feels like you are sitting in the middle of all your cousins on Christmas, and you are the only one without a gift to open.

You quoted my post and responded....then when asked if you were coming around you said "Nope just trolling the 'end of worlders'" --- If it wasn't me, why'd you quote me and respond?  That's where my rationale came from...
Just having fun since my hands are cramping and I am very tired right now...doing this on a small phone is super hard while also having to stay near the charger...

Now I am feeling bad because of my laziness. Thanks for the effort.

(02-06-2020, 03:07 PM)JamesConway Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 03:05 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Mavs offseason wasn't great. Curry was a win. Boban was a bust. Wright is sort of in the middle, okay but not amazing. Issue there is we could have done better. Mavs needed a wing not another guard. You can see that Wright is redundant with Brunson even though they have different abilities. Harkless was a wing that Mavs could have had and added an asset.

Yikes.

And Lee has taken up a roster spot this whole time that could have been given to someone else. It's annoying to see buy low guys like GR3 and Burks do well. Danuel House was out there for the taking for cheap. It's weird that the Mavs didn't have a better backup option to Danny Green.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Donnie missed team flight for important business? (TDL Feb 6) - Jym - 02-06-2020

(02-06-2020, 03:07 PM)JamesConway Wrote:

Yikes.

Pretty amazing 
Is Cuban really that scared of paying the luxury tax?

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Donnie missed team flight for important business? (TDL Feb 6) - Baller AI - 02-06-2020

:/ it was fun supporting the mavs with you guys, i'm now a Pelicans fan

Mavs are not that close to the luxury tax

(02-06-2020, 03:11 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Mavs are not that close to the luxury tax

Exactly

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Donnie missed team flight for important business? (TDL Feb 6) - ClutchDirk - 02-06-2020

(02-06-2020, 03:09 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 03:05 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 02:54 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: I know you aren't calling me an "end of the worlder" --- I ARTICULATELY expressed exactly where I am.  We may sit this one out and it may be a good thing, there may have been no deals to be had, but regardless of how much I like our team, it feels like you are sitting in the middle of all your cousins on Christmas, and you are the only one without a gift to open.

Now I am feeling bad because of my laziness. Thanks for the effort.
My way of paying back all the awesome posters for letting me read their thoughts and ideas...its the least I could do...

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Donnie missed team flight for important business? (TDL Feb 6) - Scott41theMavs - 02-06-2020

Stepping away from the computer for a bit... I still think that there will be a few deals announced in the next half hour or so. I'll sharpen my pitchfork for the "No Mavs Deals" announcement until then...