MavsBoard
2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart (/showthread.php?tid=206)

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - jesusshuttlesworth82 - 02-05-2020

lololol

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - vfromlmf - 02-05-2020

The Mavs could use an athletic, rim rolling 6’ 10” forward who can defend pick & roll next to Porzingis.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - ThisIStheYear - 02-06-2020

The Grizz were missing folks too. The Mavs were smoked again by a young up and coming team. Didn’t even belong on the same floor. I’m sure Doncic would have been worth an enormous 7 or 8 point swing tonight (that’s GOAT level), and the Mavs would still have been handled with ease by a more complete team that has the athletes to play transition defense. And the Grizz have far more assets for the future. Even the recent records show advantage Grizzlies. The Mavs can not afford to sit on their asses at the trade deadline. The Grizz sure haven’t.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - Baller AI - 02-06-2020

It's more than likely going to be Glen Robinson III or Alec Burks in a Mavs uniform after tomorrow. The dubs have been showcasing both really hard recently, and given our team's needs, as well as the warriors being our closest trade partner in the league, I'm confident of this.

Hopefully we can convince them to give us both, or even better, Dray or Looney in addition to one of them.

Either way, I'm like 99.99% sure if we make a trade by tomorrow, it will be with the Warriors.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - sefant - 02-06-2020

(02-06-2020, 12:05 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: The Grizz were missing folks too. The Mavs were smoked again by a young up and coming team.  Didn’t even belong on the same floor. I’m sure Doncic would have been worth an enormous 7 or 8 point swing tonight (that’s GOAT level), and the Mavs would still have been handled with ease by a more complete team that has the athletes to play transition defense.  And the Grizz have far more assets for the future. Even the recent records show advantage Grizzlies. The Mavs can not afford to sit on their asses at the trade deadline.  The Grizz sure haven’t.
Starters outplayed their starters. Problem is that the bench is more or less gone with that many injuries.

KP was +4
Brunson +12

Luka back would put Brunson on the bench. Together with Seth. THJ struggles more often without Luka it seems. Less spot up shots. More often back to Knicks THJ.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - omahen - 02-06-2020

(02-06-2020, 12:12 AM)Baller AI Wrote: It's more than likely going to be Glen Robinson III.

Hopefully we can convince them to give us Burks, Dray or Looney in addition to him

What worries me in this case:
1. What are we giving them? Hopefully not their pick
2. Who will we cut? Unless we make another deal with someone else, someone will have to go. 

If this will be the only deal, I would say it is not really optimal deal, if you ask me. Sort of a win now move, especially since he is expiring.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - Kammrath - 02-06-2020

https://twitter.com/ESefko/status/1225288404272848896

https://twitter.com/ESefko/status/1225288491380150272

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | RC: "I don't think anything will happen" (TDL Feb 6) - Jommybone - 02-06-2020

Woj just said Warriors are getting their 2nd rounder back from Dallas through Philly.

Edit: Maybe I’m misreading that. Maybe Philly already had our 2020 2nd rounder and that’s what they’re conveying to GS?

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | RC: "I don't think anything will happen" (TDL Feb 6) - omahen - 02-06-2020

(02-06-2020, 12:48 AM)Jommybone Wrote: Woj just said Warriors are getting their 2nd rounder back from Dallas through Philly.

(02-06-2020, 12:48 AM)Jommybone Wrote: Edit: Maybe I’m misreading that. Maybe Philly already had our 2020 2nd rounder and that’s what they’re conveying to GS?

Exactly

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | RC: "I don't think anything will happen" (TDL Feb 6) - J817 - 02-06-2020

(01-17-2020, 05:48 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 02:13 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote:  Let's assume KP is cleared and returns soon. Who here would do a KP/THJ for KAT/RoCo as the centerpieces? 

Is this a trick question?

KAT
Maxi
Roco
Doncic

Two of the top 3 and D guys in the league next to two of top offensive monsters in the league.
[Image: AdvancedMealyCreature-size_restricted.gif]

(02-06-2020, 12:48 AM)Jommybone Wrote: Woj just said Warriors are getting their 2nd rounder back from Dallas through Philly.

Edit: Maybe I’m misreading that. Maybe Philly already had our 2020 2nd rounder and that’s what they’re conveying to GS?

Yes

Looks like we are letting Lee walk without getting compensation
And we going into the draft with the Warriors pick. Bet we trade back.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | RC: "I don't think anything will happen" (TDL Feb 6) - cow - 02-06-2020

(02-06-2020, 01:00 AM)J817 Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 05:48 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 02:13 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote:  Let's assume KP is cleared and returns soon. Who here would do a KP/THJ for KAT/RoCo as the centerpieces? 

Is this a trick question?

KAT
Maxi
Roco
Doncic

Two of the top 3 and D guys in the league next to two of top offensive monsters in the league.
[Image: AdvancedMealyCreature-size_restricted.gif]

Yes

Looks like we are letting Lee walk without getting compensation
And we going into the draft with the Warriors pick. Bet we trade back.

No reason to not keep Lee if he isn't traded.  

While we like to trade back, I hope we bundle the GSW pick with our 1st rounder and move up.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | RC: "I don't think anything will happen" (TDL Feb 6) - MavsFan41ife - 02-06-2020

Think Phoenix would got for Lee + GSW 2nd for Oubre?

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | RC: "I don't think anything will happen" (TDL Feb 6) - omahen - 02-06-2020

(02-06-2020, 01:28 AM)MavsFan41ife Wrote: Think Phoenix would got for Lee  + GSW 2nd for Oubre?

Why would they want to do that?

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | RC: "I don't think anything will happen" (TDL Feb 6) - Jym - 02-06-2020

(02-06-2020, 01:28 AM)MavsFan41ife Wrote: Think Phoenix would got for Lee  + GSW 2nd for Oubre?

They shouldn't, but they used a high 2nd rounder to dump Warren last summer so who the hell knows.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | RC: "I don't think anything will happen" (TDL Feb 6) - Mavs2019 - 02-06-2020

(02-06-2020, 01:32 AM)Jym Wrote:

They shouldn't, but they used a high 2nd rounder to dump Warren last summer so who the hell knows.

Thank God we didn´t accept that deal. Much rather gave up the two 2nd rounders for Wright. That´s the Mavs for you. A three pick swing to pick up an inferior player. Blush

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | RC: "I don't think anything will happen" (TDL Feb 6) - Baller AI - 02-06-2020

if we dont trade or waive lee, I am becoming a Pelicans fan. Keeping him here has literally 0 benefit. The opportunity cost of not trading courtney lee makes it impossible for us to keep him, unless we are trying to be the knicks. So many opportunities passed up, even over the summer by the mavs.. WCS cannot be the only player we bring in if we are actually serious about winning an NBA championship. Don't forget, we needed frontcourt help even with DP here, WCS was purely a move of necessity.

Still there is hope, we have 12 hours left, and there are still some quality options out there. Also keep an eye on the 76ers, the will need to create 2 more roster spots by tomorrow, meaning there will 100% be 2 sixers players available for trade, or waived.

Wings:
- Oubre
- Gallo
- Marvin
- Batum
- RHJ
- MKG
- Troy Brown
- Either Morris twin
- James Johnson
- Derrick Jones Jr

Centers:
- TT
- Baynes
- Adams
- Mahinmi
- Turner
- Olynik

Guards:
- CP3
- Jrue Holiday
- Moore
- Green
- Waiters

We must pray to the basketball gods that the mavs don't fuck this up.

I can understand the reasons for Mavs to go slower and first try to see what they have with this group (although it is pretty clear that a great defensive 3-D wing would really help). What I don't understand is:
1. Why they didn't utilize the assets in the summer (remaining cap space - convert to picks by taking some bad salary)?
2. Why they show absolutely zero willingness to utilize expiring/TE to gather assets?

I came around with Doncic, so I would kindly ask some seasoned vets. Did Mavs in tanking seasons take bad salary for picks at all? Sell any useful players for picks? Or they just constructed a bad team and hoped for a top pick?

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | RC: "I don't think anything will happen" (TDL Feb 6) - fifteenth - 02-06-2020

(02-06-2020, 09:24 AM)omahen Wrote: 1. Why they didn't utilize the assets in the summer (remaining cap space - convert to picks by taking some bad salary)?
2. Why they show absolutely zero willingness to utilize expiring/TE to gather assets?

Do you really think they didn't explore avenues for using the remaining cap space? Do you really think they're not willing to use the TPE? 

You choose: 

1. They aren't willing. 

2. They conducted extensive conversations with teams and didn't find the deals they wanted.

(02-06-2020, 09:32 AM)fifteenth Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 09:24 AM)omahen Wrote: 1. Why they didn't utilize the assets in the summer (remaining cap space - convert to picks by taking some bad salary)?

Do you really think they didn't explore avenues for using the remaining cap space? Do you really think they're not willing to use the TPE? 

You choose: 

1. They aren't willing. 

2. They conducted extensive conversations with teams and didn't find the deals they wanted.

Answer my questions regarding previous seasons first, and I will answer yours Smile  

I would like to think number 2, but unfortunately there is not a single thing showing me they are inclined to anything like that. All conversations go in a way of making the team better - I haven't seen anything on maximizing the assets.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | RC: "I don't think anything will happen" (TDL Feb 6) - fifteenth - 02-06-2020

(02-06-2020, 09:37 AM)omahen Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 09:32 AM)fifteenth Wrote:

You choose: 

1. They aren't willing. 

Answer my questions regarding previous seasons first, and I will answer yours Smile  

I would like to think number 2, but unfortunately there is not a single thing showing me they are inclined to anything like that. All conversations go in a way of making the team better - I haven't seen anything on maximizing the assets.

Answers to your questions:
1. They didn't find a deal they liked and that fit their plan.
2. They haven't shown zero willingness. You don't know what they're doing since it's out of our view.