MavsBoard
TRADE: THJ+3 2nds to DET | Grimes to DAL - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: TRADE: THJ+3 2nds to DET | Grimes to DAL (/showthread.php?tid=3239)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: TRADE: THJ+3 2nds to DET | Grimes to DAL - omahen - 07-03-2024

(07-03-2024, 02:38 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Totally agree. I just think it's interesting, especially in light of Gump's "getting over our skis" point earlier today. 

I do think that if he's not in the rotation, we're 10x more likely to miss Josh Green a little.

It will be so boring to read those stupid comparisons like they were in case of PJ and Grant first couple of weeks after the trade. In a style: "Green 13 pts, 3 assists, 5 rebounds (Charlotte lost), Grimes 5 points, 1 assists (Mavs won). Mavs made a big mistake trading Green."

RE: TRADE: THJ+3 2nds to DET | Grimes to DAL - Luka77 - 07-03-2024

(06-28-2024, 06:21 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: You're kind of missing the point that the old front office that made that mistake is gone. It's an apples and oranges discussion. You're acting as if the old FO's mistake is something to hang around the new FO's neck in terms of guilt right now, when nah. If it comes out later that the Mavs could have done something better, then that - not anything that the old FO did in botching a contract negotiation - if something to beat up Nico and co. with. 

Moreover, once again, the goal is to have room to sign DJJ. If they get DJJ, then that makes the trade a win.

Nope Nico resigned THJ to his last contract and gave his last year as fully guaranteed without a team option.

RE: TRADE: THJ+3 2nds to DET | Grimes to DAL - Chicagojk - 07-03-2024

I watched some more highlights of Grimes last night. I like how he does not hesitate when the lane opens up when he catches the ball on the perimeter and the shot is covered up. Very quick decisions. I am still unsure how everyone fits in with minutes. I hope Jaden has a spot but that may be difficult now. The minutes are going to be really fought over. Who will take them and run with them? Much different than previous years when we were wondering about Frankie Smokes and some of the other merry minimums.

RE: TRADE: THJ+3 2nds to DET | Grimes to DAL - SleepingHero - 07-06-2024

[Image: GR1F0YxaUAA9gYm?format=jpg&name=large]

RE: TRADE: THJ+3 2nds to DET | Grimes to DAL - SleepingHero - 07-07-2024

One of the 6 games Grimes played with DET before they shut him down for the season.

RE: TRADE: THJ+3 2nds to DET | Grimes to DAL - Winter - 07-07-2024

Just watching the video above, it's pretty clear we won't be having the standard "Green argument" where we debate whether Grimes is too passive. Grimes doesn't appear to be a guy that disappears for long stretches.

More likely we will have arguments about Grimes efficiency which is more typical of are other players.