Poll: Should Dallas figure out a trade for Pacers Domantas Sabonis?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
26.92%
7 26.92%
No
73.08%
19 73.08%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Dallas trade for Domantas Sabonis? (signs 4 yr/$77M deal w/ IND)
Although I opened this, I'm not interested in trades either.
Yet I think it's a fun discussion to have.

This board is still rather slow and lacks content. I really hope we can grow it Smile.
Like Reply
Looks like Sabonis got his extension. 4 years @ $77M

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2789...eal-pacers
Like Reply
Did not want for the price.  Good player for sure, but we have to see if one of ours turns into something more...looking at you Maxi.
Like Reply
Hypermav Wrote:Did not want for the price.  Good player for sure, but we have to see if one of ours turns into something more...looking at you Maxi.

You might not want to pay, but that's the way it is now. Look at all these marginal type players, getting good deals.  If you don't pay, someone else will.  Don't think Maxi will be anymore than what he already is, a good bench big.
Like Reply
Realistically, there are only two possible trade Mavs will do until summer, pending some injuries or very bad start:
- trade Lee for a better player on worse contract or worse contract and asset
- sign someone in our TE. Miami and OKC look like possible partners

If other players perform real bad it is not likely someone will want them and we can't afford to spend any more assets for minor improvements. If they perform as they did, we have a bunch of glorified role players - trade is again unlikely. If they perform much better - well, why would we want to trade them in this case?  Smile

If we need to cut someone this year because of some trades, my guess would be that Ryan from accounting will be the one.

We have 12 players unders contract for next season. Assuming we flip Lee for someone, this can jump to 13. We have our first round pick and 2 second rounders in the next draft. So there might be more moves in the summer.
Like Reply
This question looks over with that extension, especially with the announcement that the Pacers are finally going to start him. I've seen Pacers fans wondering why they weren't doing that already. Good MIP candidate who would have beasted here but probably not attainable with our touchable assets.
Like Reply
Know with the extension it's off the board, but Sabonis isn't a great fit anyway. He doesn't stretch the floor and isn't a better roll man than DP. He's probably everything the Mavs don't want in a starter.

He's an interesting case though. Looks like the style of play passed him by, still he can be very effective in certain situations. I don't view him as a starter though and am very interested how the Pacers will figure out their frontcourt.
Former: Psychology BSc. Sports coverage for @weltfussball and @sportde. Writer at @mavsmoneyball. Now: Web Dev, Mavs fan.
[Image: MFSYrBp.png]
Twitter: j0Shi_f
Like Reply