Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mavs 109, Knicks 117
Even more troubling, KP's Luka hug percentage is 0% no matter where they are at on the floor.  It's no surprise that THJ is leading all Mavs in this category.
Like Reply
(04-17-2021, 08:23 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: KP is shooting nearly 74% within the restricted area. That's pretty dominant. The problem is he doesn't get enough shots there. 
Further if he takes a step out to anywhere beyond the restricted area within the paint he shoots a paltry 46%. Not bad, not good. 

I don't think KP has the frame to reliably get he wants anytime in the restricted area, but when he does shoot there, it almost always goes in. Puzzling why he only gets around 3.5 shots a game at the rim and not more.

That seems to be a good synopsis of the issue. 

A difference between KP and these other guys is that he is wiry, and doesn't have the bruising frame the others do. Maybe he's just not physically strong enough to dominate inside.
Like Reply
(04-17-2021, 07:07 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: What I don’t get is we never double up consistently and dare others to beat you. Time and again a single player on another team has a great and maybe even career games against us. The last time we did that to Harden and it worked. Yet RC refuses to try that consistently.  I understand that it might open up some easy shots elsewhere but that is the point isn’t it?  To at least make some others prove they can beat you. We all know Randle is the alpha on that team just as DeRozan is on the Spurs.

Especially as opponents get wide open shots with our traditional coverage anyway...
Like Reply
(04-17-2021, 07:07 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: What I don’t get is we never double up consistently and dare others to beat you. Time and again a single player on another team has a great and maybe even career games against us. The last time we did that to Harden and it worked. Yet RC refuses to try that consistently.  I understand that it might open up some easy shots elsewhere but that is the point isn’t it?  To at least make some others prove they can beat you. We all know Randle is the alpha on that team just as DeRozan is on the Spurs.

RC has great amount of respect for James Harden, even to go far as saying his comparable to Michael Jordan, yet he found a strategy to contain him. 

What I don't understand is how inept he is when it comes to non-all-star players that go off on us. Great coaches adjusts to reduce other teams strengths and attack on their weaknesses. Rick may not have the all the tools (players) to do that but than again, he doesn't use all his other tools (Boban, Green, Melli) and appropiate lineups, or responsive lineups.
Like Reply