Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DFS (+0, 23 pts, 4 ast, 6 rbd)
80.00%
32 80.00%
JR (+3, 17 pts, 2 ast, 5 rbd)
5.00%
2 5.00%
Luka (+4, 31 pts, 8 ast, 9 rbd)
5.00%
2 5.00%
THJ (+12, 16 pts, 1 ast, 5 rbd)
7.50%
3 7.50%
JB (+8, 20 pts, 3 ast, 4 rbd)
2.50%
1 2.50%
Total 40 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 49 DIRKIE: Winner DFS (80%) | Runner-up THJ (8%)
Yeah...I'll give the Dirkie to DFS.  There were others that played good though.  The defense has improved!
Like Reply
Unfortunately I had to work through the game. Just watched the recording and H O L Y C R A P.

WHAT A BEAT DOWN. I cannot remember the last time I saw the Mavs come out wanting for blood. 2011 maybe??

A complete dismantling. Their defense was outrageous. So much energy and a vibe of "Im going to hit you in the jaw and see what happens" 

Melli missed some key shots in the 4th that he should've hit. I have no idea why his stroke has seemingly left him. Despite that his defense on basically everyone was Maxi-esque. What a find.

Luka was fantastic. His 3rd quarter opened the entire game up. It's weird for me to watch Luka play this more perimeter dominated game after watching him the last two years basically get the majority of his points off drives. Frequently I think to myself "Luka doesn't seem to be doing well, he has what maybe 6-8 points?" And then Followill comes up and says "Luka with 23!". Stuff of legends. 

DFS was by far and away the most pivotal player tonight and he stepped up to the challenge. He missed some wide open threes that I felt should've been gimmies, but overall he hit enough to punish the Jazz for putting Gobert on him. Not to mention his defense as well. DFS clearly for the dirkie. If he didn't hit those threes the Jazz gameplan would've worked. 

Now lets hope the Mavs come out with the same desire to dismantle Houston on Wednesday.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(04-06-2021, 01:43 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Unfortunately I had to work through the game. Just watched the recording and H O L Y C R A P.

WHAT A BEAT DOWN. I cannot remember the last time I saw the Mavs come out wanting for blood. 2011 maybe??

A complete dismantling. Their defense was outrageous. So much energy and a vibe of "Im going to hit you in the jaw and see what happens" 

Melli missed some key shots in the 4th that he should've hit. I have no idea why his stroke has seemingly left him. Despite that his defense on basically everyone was Maxi-esque. What a find.

Luka was fantastic. His 3rd quarter opened the entire game up. It's weird for me to watch Luka play this more perimeter dominated game after watching him the last two years basically get the majority of his points off drives. Frequently I think to myself "Luka doesn't seem to be doing well, he has what maybe 6-8 points?" And then Followill comes up and says "Luka with 23!". Stuff of legends. 

DFS was by far and away the most pivotal player tonight and he stepped up to the challenge. He missed some wide open threes that I felt should've been gimmies, but overall he hit enough to punish the Jazz for putting Gobert on him. Not to mention his defense as well. DFS clearly for the dirkie. If he didn't hit those threes the Jazz gameplan would've worked. 

Now lets hope the Mavs come out with the same desire to dismantle Houston on Wednesday.

Their performance tonight is  honestly the most energy I've seen from this group of players.
Like Reply
Sadly I missed the second half of the game due to some technical difficulties so I can only go with my Dirkie for the half and it was between DFS and JB and I gave the edge to Jalen. After reading these comments I wish I could have seen the second half as well! Sounds like Doe doe went crazy!
Like Reply
(04-06-2021, 01:43 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: He missed some wide open threes that I felt should've been gimmies
This was my only  detracting thought on DFS. He should have been in the 70-80% range on his 3's cause it was practice time for him and the spacing he was given. Loved his overall game, but 41.7% on SUPER wide open 3's is kinda poor.
Like Reply
(04-06-2021, 02:23 AM)cow Wrote: Their performance tonight is  honestly the most energy I've seen from this group of players.

Melli.

A single player can change a whole group dynamic for better or worse. I truly think Melli's addition has contagiously injected incredible effort and defense into the whole group.
Like Reply
(04-06-2021, 06:25 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: This was my only  detracting thought on DFS. He should have been in the 70-80% range on his 3's cause it was practice time for him and the spacing he was given. Loved his overall game, but 41.7% on SUPER wide open 3's is kinda poor.

But you can't really ding someone for not hitting 70% from 3 in a game! Can you?
Like Reply
(04-06-2021, 03:56 AM)Lucky Luciano Wrote: Sadly I missed the second half of the game due to some technical difficulties so I can only go with my Dirkie for the half and it was between DFS and JB and I gave the edge to Jalen. After reading these comments I wish I could have seen the second half as well! Sounds like Doe doe went crazy!

Utah Jazz vs Dallas Mavericks 05 Apr 2021 Replays Full Game |
Like Reply
(04-06-2021, 09:51 AM)fifteenth Wrote: But you can't really ding someone for not hitting 70% from 3 in a game! Can you?
I voted for him for the Dirkie, but I think you can ding someone for not hitting most of their absolutely WIDE open 3’s. Like, Gobert and no other Utah player was anywhere close on many of those failed attempts. Plenty of examples of players hitting a very high % of 3’s in a single game and if we don’t expect that from our players that shoot from 3 in that situation, then when?
Like Reply
(04-06-2021, 06:54 AM)Kammrath Wrote: Melli.

A single player can change a whole group dynamic for better or worse. I truly think Melli's addition has contagiously injected incredible effort and defense into the whole group.

Maybe.  Dude gets after rebounds like no one else on the team so he's more than cool with me.
Like Reply
(04-06-2021, 12:43 PM)cow Wrote: Maybe.  Dude gets after rebounds like no one else on the team so he's more than cool with me.
Drummond who? Amirite?
Like Reply
[Image: 2d3a8494-untitled-design-19.jpg]
Like Reply