Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 4.0 pt RAPTOR & 5.5 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
90.00%
9 90.00%
Wizards
10.00%
1 10.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 48: DAL (27-21) @ WAS (17-31) | 109-87 win
(04-03-2021, 02:53 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Takes one bad game for posters to start bashing a player...

Took one good game, for you all to act like he was the 2nd coming of Francis of Assisi, because he is Italian and had six points in a game against the OKC G-Leaguers. Shy 

I don´t know how to break this to you: THE MAVS DID NOT EVEN WANT HIM. (Though I guess that could count in his favour given their talent evaluation skills)

The Spurs forced him upon them with their late pullout, but now this UNWANTED 30 year old veteran journeyman on an expiring contract is immediately JUMPING the line over a 23 year Tyler Bey the Mavs actively selected, as in WANTED. I guess Melli changed the MBT´s mind and earned his minutes by the way he walked out of the airport.  Confused

He will also 100% be gone in the summer, so he´s of absolutely no consequence to the Mavs/Luka´s future.
Like Reply
[Image: 614956c6869e09dea5ee7c2ba21f13ec.jpeg]

Beal and Hachimura
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/mavspr/status/137846...89090?s=21
Like Reply
Richardson also out...
Like Reply
Over/under for rookie minutes?
Like Reply
Time for Melli, Green to shine
Like Reply
This is a game for Boban to shine. Westbrook can shoot as many jumpers as he wants out of PnR

https://twitter.com/MFollowill/status/13...wcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fdallas-mavericks
Like Reply
Not excited to watch THJ hero ball.
Like Reply
(04-03-2021, 02:49 PM)Hypermav Wrote: peanut butter melli time

10 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists, and a perfect 100% from the floor.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
Excellent routine victory. Wasn't the nicest game but guys are tired and they still won by 20. Washington is just bad. No shooting at all, other than Bertans.

(04-03-2021, 08:24 PM)Tyler Wrote: 10 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists, and a perfect 100% from the floor.

Melli is proving to be a very good pick up. His defense is way better than I expected and he is a very efficient player.
Like Reply
(04-03-2021, 05:01 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Took one good game, for you all to act like he was the 2nd coming of Francis of Assisi, because he is Italian and had six points in a game against the OKC G-Leaguers. Shy 

I don´t know how to break this to you: THE MAVS DID NOT EVEN WANT HIM. (Though I guess that could count in his favour given their talent evaluation skills)

The Spurs forced him upon them with their late pullout, but now this UNWANTED 30 year old veteran journeyman on an expiring contract is immediately JUMPING the line over a 23 year Tyler Bey the Mavs actively selected, as in WANTED. I guess Melli changed the MBT´s mind and earned his minutes by the way he walked out of the airport.  Confused

He will also 100% be gone in the summer, so he´s of absolutely no consequence to the Mavs/Luka´s future.

This "unwanted 30 year old veteran" just contributed heavily to us winning a SEGABABA with his defense, rebounding, and high BBIQ.
Like Reply
(04-03-2021, 08:25 PM)omahen Wrote: His defense is way better than I expected

Good point. I forgot about his team-high +22.
Like Reply
Need some help from Indy and OKC tonight.

Be nice to put some distance between us and SA and gain some ground on Portland.
Like Reply
Melli clapping back at the hate..
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Undefeated since we pulled off the Melli trade  Smile
Like Reply
I think Melli is just a solid, smart player.  He's not a bad shooter, but was in a bad way.  A change in venue and 15 seconds to get off that slow shot of his (thank you Luka) might be exactly what he needs to get some confidence back.

We need folks that will be in the right place, make the right read and do the dirty work on that second unit...Melli could be that guy.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
Wow we've gotten lucky the past 2 nights with what could have been disaster injuries for Luka...especially tonight. That fall was scary, the way he landed  Sick
Like Reply
(04-03-2021, 01:58 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Bey: Coach I got this. I´m ready.
Carlisle: You are too young.
Bey: I´m 23.
Carlisle: Exactly.
Bey: Luka is 22.
Carlisle: Yeah, but he´s European. It´s more like dog years with them. Melli.
Bey: But that means Melli is over 200 years old.
Carlisle: Now you get. He got experience.

OK, so I think your obsession with rookies, vets and Rick is over the top, and you said some ridiculous things in this thread, but...

this post is really funny!
Like Reply
(04-03-2021, 05:53 PM)omahen Wrote: This is a game for Boban to shine. Westbrook can shoot as many jumpers as he wants out of PnR

Absolutely. Good call.
Like Reply
(04-04-2021, 01:30 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Absolutely. Good call.

Without Beal Wizards don't really have an outside threat, other than Bertans. But it is easy to guard one shooter, especially since he can't do much else. They tried PnR with Bertans, which could be way more dangerous, but I think it was only once. Washington is just poorly constructed team. Even with two "stars" they remain bottom feeders.
Like Reply