Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PSA: How to quote in a clean and uncluttered way
(11-21-2019, 01:43 AM)Magickian Wrote: Same amount of easy steps just the code for the popup works on some browsers and not on others but the feature always still works

It worked!!!!
Like Reply
(11-21-2019, 10:16 AM)embellisher Wrote:
(11-20-2019, 05:35 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: What works for me on mobile is to highlight what I do not want to quote and then hit the back arrow on the keyboard...all of it disappears and only leaves what I want to quote...

That's what I do...
Not to be a pain, but there is no fast quote button to click, and when I highlight and hit back arrow or delete, it looks like it deletes it, but then actually sends the entire original text (without deletions) and without whatever text I added. A little frustrating, as about the only way to reply with quoted text is to quote the entire nested string. I guess that's not the end of the world, but. . . . 

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions, and I am glad they are working in some cases.
Like Reply
@"mavsluvr" this is where you would find it

[Image: reply2.png]

[Image: reply.png]
Like Reply
(11-21-2019, 10:06 PM)Magickian Wrote: @"mavsluvr" this is where you would find it

[Image: reply2.png]

[Image: reply.png]
Thanks, Magickian. Neither that button nor the warn button appears.
Like Reply
okay what possible browser and OS/device are you using?

I have Windows, Mac, iPhone 7, and Samsung Galaxy S8+... so I have all of the major options and they all work on mine just fine...

it works on Safari, Chrome, Firefox...
Like Reply
(11-22-2019, 01:01 AM)Magickian Wrote: okay what possible browser and OS/device are you using?

I have Windows, Mac, iPhone 7, and Samsung Galaxy S8+... so I have all of the major options and they all work on mine just fine...

it works on Safari, Chrome, Firefox...
Safari and Chrome
MacBook Air

It has occurred to me that maybe I can copy and paste what I want to quote and then put it in a New Reply, with attribution to the poster who sent it. I'll try it, anyway. 

Thanks for your help, for me and all the others as we work through these technical issues.
Like Reply
(11-22-2019, 02:18 AM)mavsluvr Wrote: Safari and Chrome
MacBook Air

that is really bizarre... because I can use the school Macs and they have multiple versions of iMacs and they all work with Safari and Chrome on them...

Do you happen to have some sort of plugin or popup blocker on your browser? maybe you are blocking it via one of these? or maybe you need to update your OS and browsers? idk...

Because otherwise, I have no clue why you wouldn't see it... I have checked multiple versions of Macs and I know others have reported using their Macs...
Like Reply