Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GameThread: The Preseason Trilogy: DAL (2-1) 127 vs. MIN (1-2) Boban 3pt Marksman
(12-17-2020, 09:28 PM)dmavs4life03 Wrote: And luka needs to calm down a bit and not expect FTs every sequence down.

[Image: c33f799c5b430970809f71fbcd00a549.gif]
Like Reply
(12-17-2020, 09:44 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Maybe pre season is when you prove it to the team and Powell that he is bench material.  Maxi should be the starter.  He has earned it.

Maxi's performance last year after Powell went down, and his defense on Kawhi in the playoffs should be more than enough to let him roll with the starters.

We just saw a microcosm of the Maxi effect. I have no clue why RC doesn't start him.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(12-17-2020, 09:45 PM)mtrot Wrote: I've caught some grief here, but I've never really thought he should play much for the Mavs because Rick will always try to play him against guys he has no chance of contending with. Same +1

(12-17-2020, 09:54 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Maxi's performance last year after Powell went down, and his defense on Kawhi in the playoffs should be more than enough to let him roll with the starters.

We just saw a microcosm of the Maxi effect. I have no clue why RC doesn't start him.
Really!!! or start anyone else even. Powell is the obvious weak link to our defense and isnt even respected in P&Rs anymore by the good teams. And gosh i want to shoot my screen everytime I see him shoot a 3. Let him come off the bench and beast on teams second units with Burke and Brunson. He messes up the spacing on O and is a cone on defense.
Like Reply
Now Powell bites on a Townes pump fake, leading to a thunderous dunk.
Like Reply
(12-17-2020, 10:00 PM)mtrot Wrote: Now Powell bites on a Townes pump fake, leading to a thunderous dunk.

Powell is a defensive maestro
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Dwight "Mouse in the House" Powell
Like Reply
nice one DFS

as one of my faves Rasheed Wallace would say..... BALL DONT LIE
Like Reply
(12-17-2020, 10:01 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Powell is a defensive maestro

And Harp, inexplicably, seemed to justify it.
Like Reply
(12-17-2020, 10:06 PM)mtrot Wrote: And Harp, inexplicably, seemed to justify it.

Harp will never say anything bad about a Mavs player. I remember when Lamar Odom was playing he'd justify what was going out on the court. Thankfully he isn't blatant about his biases.
Like Reply
man if this team can stay healthy and we learn how to play our best defensive lineups man...... the skys the limit. I'm almost scared to get excited (which is a good thing I guess) Undecided
Like Reply
Maxi's automatic from 3 this year. And I LIKE IT

Powell sits.... again Mavs go on a run. Coincidence? I think not. He should play vs bench players; he's that bad defensively and still recovering so not yet himself offensively for catching lobs explosively.
Like Reply
Maxi is our Draymond Green basically. If he’s outperforming Powell he should be the starter.
Like Reply
Maxi is what we all want Powell to be.
Like Reply
Burke not looking very good for this last stretch.  But now the three!
Like Reply
Why are the Mavs giving Green's developmental minutes to Lee?
Like Reply
Brain fart by Brunson with the travel.
Like Reply
To be honest I think they're trying to give Lee a shot for another team.
Like Reply
Lee getting minutes is almost as annoying as Powell starting
Like Reply
Josh Green's defense is a lovely sight

There we go WCS!
Like Reply
The Mavs really need some scores, so you know what time it is, right? Its Boban time!  If only Rick could see that.
Like Reply