Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GameThread: The Preseason Trilogy: DAL (2-1) 127 vs. MIN (1-2) Boban 3pt Marksman
The final preseason game takes shape tonight. Will the Mavs run with more of a dress rehearsal type setting? Or are we about to see Tyrell and Tyler play 36 minutes? 

Who knows! All I know is I'm ready to see Mavs basketball. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Also, for those that want to put your kneejerk reactions, here is the discord: https://discord.gg/NhXWnQSK
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Looking forward to this. I think Carlisle said the other day that they'd treat this one like a dress rehearsal. 

I assume that means the rotation will tighten up even more than game 2.
Like Reply
(12-17-2020, 07:29 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Looking forward to this. I think Carlisle said the other day that they'd treat this one like a dress rehearsal. 

I assume that means the rotation will tighten up even more than game 2.

NICE
Like Reply
Once Dallas is up by 30pts the rotation may get scrapped
Like Reply
I really am excited to see more Josh Green. He flashed some 3pt potential there with 2 corner threes made last game.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
hxxp://nbastreams.xyz/live/5/
Like Reply
(12-17-2020, 08:29 PM)speedkilz88 Wrote: hxxp://nbastreams.xyz/live/5/

Thanks for this. It's unstable, but with League Pass blacking me out, no game on cable, and no Mavs.com, it's the only way I have to watch.
Like Reply
Wow, Harp says he really likes the way Jason Richardson is fitting in to the Mavs system! Rolleyes 

And later that Luka was a recipitent of a pass from Powell.

The Mavs better start blocking out better than this.
Like Reply
brunson tries to be a hero sometimes.... like theres no way u were gonna finish that layup.. woulda been better to pass out for 3
Like Reply
Jason Richardson did fit in pretty well with the Mavs in 07 when he mopped the floor with us.
Like Reply
(12-17-2020, 08:57 PM)mtrot Wrote: Wow, Harp says he really likes the way Jason Richardson is fitting in to the Mavs system! Rolleyes 

And later that Luka was a recipitent of a pass from Powell.

The Mavs better start blocking out better than this.

I'd give him a pass...now if he would have said Quentin..
Like Reply
starters getting outmuscled because of the Powell/DFS at 4/5. it was bad last year too and should be changed. And please dont have powell as the only big on the floor EVER and dont play DFS at PF.... we lose his versatility. And luka needs to calm down a bit and not expect FTs every sequence down.
Like Reply
Powell's defense this game has been atrocious. Can't be a kneejerk if its a fact.
Like Reply
It looks like Rick wants this win!
Like Reply
The Mavs were down 59-56 when Powell got subbed out. They ended the quarter up 7 61-68
Like Reply
(12-17-2020, 09:28 PM)dmavs4life03 Wrote: starters getting outmuscled because of the Powell/DFS at 4/5. it was bad last year too and should be changed.

I have also been beating this drum for a LONG time. 

I really fear the Mavs starting off under 0.500 for the first month or so if RC keeps rolling with DFS/DP as the 4/5. Both of them are WORSE when in that position. Just do NOT understand the decision by RC there.
Like Reply
Kleber has been the 2nd or 3rd best player in the preseason. If he is not in the starting five in the regular season I really hope that he at least replaces Powell in the closing five.
Like Reply
This is the problem. We preach defense and pick up defensive pieces but we do not care about putting the best defensive lineups together. Our starting lineup with Powell still has 3 below average defenders. God I hope Kleber gets the starting spot.
Like Reply
Maybe pre season is when you prove it to the team and Powell that he is bench material.  Maxi should be the starter.  He has earned it.
Like Reply
(12-17-2020, 09:39 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: The Mavs were down 59-56 when Powell got subbed out. They ended the quarter up 7 61-68

I've caught some grief here, but I've never really thought he should play much for the Mavs because Rick will always try to play him against guys he has no chance of contending with.
Like Reply