Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Site Requests / Issues
For me on mobile the old dark theme worked much better.
The new one has buttons all over the place and the poster profile and icon are way too big and disrupt any reading flow. 
But as long as you keep the light one I will not annoy you any further with feedback to the dark one, because that one looks like a usability nightmare. A lot of people seem to like it.

Since you messed with the embed feature it has  lost its responsiveness though. It now has a very small and fixed size. Before that it used the complete width of the thread.
I liked that better.
Like Reply
Hey Magick, just keep in mind that you're not going to be able to please everyone. I've never seen a forum where the users had direct access to IT. Don't let us abuse this amazing customer service and make the IT guy miserable!
Like Reply
Okay so I tried and tried but couldnt make the +/- any different sizes and I tried multiple things for multiple days and many many many hours... It also had bugs and would act wonky between the various themes so I completely removed it. I now fixed the Thank You feature... which btw can say "Like" instead of "Add a Thank You" if you all prefer... but this system works better than the other.

It completely removed the "Reputation" feature but it was buggy so this is for the best. The Thanks/Likes works great and will just have to be our new standard for points... we do still have star ratings on each thread too.

(11-04-2019, 01:35 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: For me on mobile the old dark theme worked much better.
The new one has buttons all over the place and the poster profile and icon are way too big and disrupt any reading flow. 
But as long as you keep the light one I will not annoy you any further with feedback to the dark one, because that one looks like a usability nightmare. A lot of people seem to like it.

Since you messed with the embed feature it hast lost its responsibility though. It now has a very small and fixed size. Before that it used the complete width of the thread.
I liked that better.

hahaha you are in the minority about most of this... people have complained about the embeds being WAY too large before, and now it is contained and people have said they like this better...

Then idk what browser or device you are using but most of us are running the new theme smoothly and better than any of the others. The others had bugs that were messing with things, and they messed with the cookies, and caused your browser to say the website was unsafe because they were old outdated scripts, so this new one is the first one that actually runs smooth haha but to each their own.

(11-04-2019, 02:00 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Hey Magick, just keep in mind that you're not going to be able to please everyone. I've never seen a forum where the users had direct access to IT. Don't let us abuse this amazing customer service and make the IT guy miserable!

hahaha yeah especially the Shrink hahaha (just teasing you bud) but yeah he seems to complain about every little change I make, when everyone else likes them... so yeah... I can't please them all..

This new Theme is great and works better than anything else we have had and I am still working out the final kinks for our only two themes and then it should be consistent and remain these two looks indefinitely (so long as something better and more efficient doesn't come along)
Like Reply
(11-04-2019, 02:03 PM)Magickian Wrote: Okay so I tried and tried but couldnt make the +/- any different sizes and I tried multiple things for multiple days and many many many hours... It also had bugs and would act wonky between the various themes so I completely removed it. I now fixed the Thank You feature... which btw can say "Like" instead of "Add a Thank You" if you all prefer... but this system works better than the other.

It completely removed the "Reputation" feature but it was buggy so this is for the best. The Thanks/Likes works great and will just have to be our new standard for points... we do still have star ratings on each thread too.

(11-04-2019, 01:35 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: For me on mobile the old dark theme worked much better.

Since you messed with the embed feature it hast lost its responsibility though. It now has a very small and fixed size. Before that it used the complete width of the thread.
I liked that better.

hahaha you are in the minority about most of this... people have complained about the embeds being WAY too large before, and now it is contained and people have said they like this better...

Then idk what browser or device you are using but most of us are running the new theme smoothly and better than any of the others. The others had bugs that were messing with things, and they messed with the cookies, and caused your browser to say the website was unsafe because they were old outdated scripts, so this new one is the first one that actually runs smooth haha but to each their own.

(11-04-2019, 02:00 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Hey Magick, just keep in mind that you're not going to be able to please everyone. I've never seen a forum where the users had direct access to IT. Don't let us abuse this amazing customer service and make the IT guy miserable!

hahaha yeah especially the Shrink hahaha (just teasing you bud) but yeah he seems to complain about every little change I make, when everyone else likes them... so yeah... I can't please them all..

This new Theme is great and works better than anything else we have had and I am still working out the final kinks for our only two themes and then it should be consistent and remain these two looks indefinitely (so long as something better and more efficient doesn't come along)

For what it is worth I'm using the newest android with a chrome browser. 

It seems like my opinion is atypical. But then I have lots of experience with UX design, so I don't think my judgment is totally off.

But as I said it is not me whom you have to please.
The best thing you can actually do is to implement something that you personally think is functional and go by it. You don't have to be a people pleaser.

e.g. Clutchfans forum has a great UX in my opinion.
Like Reply
....the poster profile and icon are way too big and disrupt any reading flow....

I have the same feedback. The author's statistic icon is way too big and disrupts the reading flow. 

Also, in the new Dark Theme, I can see the +/- icons, but they do not work. Android 9.0, Samsung browser.
Like Reply
(11-04-2019, 03:15 PM)embellisher Wrote: Also, in the new Dark Theme, I can see the +/- icons, but they do not work. Android 9.0, Samsung browser.

Clear your cache because I completely removed the feature so it shouldn’t be there anymore(which is partly why I removed it, it was bugging out)

I can make the authors statistics smaller haha...

Also...

I have both an iPhone and it works great on safari and chrome

And I have a newer model Samsung galaxy S and on chrome everythng works just fine,...

So I'm not sure what it is that y'all are seeing that you hate so much but it works great on my chrome on android

(11-04-2019, 02:20 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: e.g. Clutchfans forum has a great UX in my opinion.

Ewwww dude hahaha no wonder I can't please you...

I think their site is atrocious and doesn't look good at all on mobile

So yeah hahaha do you man but you seem to be my biggest complainer about every little thing

And then tell me I don't need to be a people pleaser

Hahaha jeez
Like Reply
(11-04-2019, 02:03 PM)Magickian Wrote: Okay so I tried and tried but couldnt make the +/- any different sizes and I tried multiple things for multiple days and many many many hours... It also had bugs and would act wonky between the various themes so I completely removed it. I now fixed the Thank You feature... which btw can say "Like" instead of "Add a Thank You" if you all prefer... but this system works better than the other.

GREAT decision to eliminate the +/- and just keep the "thank you."

(11-04-2019, 01:35 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Since you messed with the embed feature it hast lost its responsiveness though. It now has a very small and fixed size. Before that it used the complete width of the thread.
I liked that better.

Magick, I also preferred the wider embed, just FYI. It is really small on my laptop with high res....is there anyway to just bump its size a little bit and not go back to the full size that people didn't like?

Thanks for all you have done.
Like Reply
(11-04-2019, 03:32 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I also preferred the wider embed, just FYI. It is really small on my laptop with high res....is there anyway to just bump its size a little bit and not go back to the full size that people didn't like?

How does it look now?
Like Reply
(11-04-2019, 03:20 PM)Magickian Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 03:15 PM)embellisher Wrote: Also, in the new Dark Theme, I can see the +/- icons, but they do not work. Android 9.0, Samsung browser.

Clear your cache because I completely removed the feature so it shouldn’t be there anymore(which is partly why I removed it, it was bugging out)

I can make the authors statistics smaller haha...

Also...

I have both an iPhone and it works great on safari and chrome

And I have a newer model Samsung galaxy S and on chrome everythng works just fine,...

So I'm not sure what it is that y'all are seeing that you hate so much but it works great on my chrome on android

(11-04-2019, 02:20 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: e.g. Clutchfans forum has a great UX in my opinion.

Ewwww dude hahaha no wonder I can't please you...

I think their site is atrocious and doesn't look good at all on mobile

So yeah hahaha do you man but you seem to be my biggest complainer about every little thing

And  then tell me I don't need to be a people pleaser

Hahaha jeez

I don't like their site, just the forum is clean. 

I like the forum software and the features you have implemented. Light theme is nice.

For me it is all about functionality of looks and beauty second. Usability comes first in design always.

I'm Iot a complainer, I just give feedback to the forum. Never judged your effort at all. Praised you lots of time actually.

All I said was never personal. I'm just super active right now and try to help. Would even help you design and code if my laptop wasn't broken right now.

Maybe it is a culture thing, I'm from Germany and we usually give more honest feedback I've heard.

If you do not want my feedback or prefer a different form to it tell me or ignore what I say Smile. Then I can change my behavior accordingly. 

Yes you do not have to be a people pleaser at all, because you do not have to listen or respond to what everyone says. If you want me to shut up, tell me.

I know how frustrating setting something like this up can be and how much things you have going on. 

The forum isn't you, buggy code isn't you, the result isn't you. My feedback isn't about you. It's all about the product. 

But again I'll shut myself up  things before reinforcing things I don't think are great yet.

I'm sure you'll get it done in a way it pleases you and most.

In addition to that I bet we have lots of competent people here willing to lessen your workload, including webdevs. You probably do not have to do it all alone.
Like Reply
(11-04-2019, 03:56 PM)Magickian Wrote: How does it look now?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
(11-04-2019, 03:56 PM)Magickian Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 03:32 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I also preferred the wider embed, just FYI. It is really small on my laptop with high res....is there anyway to just bump its size a little bit and not go back to the full size that people didn't like?

How does it look now?

Better  Smile thank you very much Smile.
Like Reply
(11-04-2019, 04:00 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Maybe it is a culture thing, I'm from Germany and we usually give more honest feedback I've heard.

Hey I get it man. My humor may not come across in text, but I am from Texas originally, and we like to tease and poke fun is all. I am not seriously offended nor upset with your feedback, I am just having to razz you a bit is all.

Honestly though? Thank you for your feedback and for everyone else.

I am not against other people helping but it is hard to have multiple admins doing different things... so mostly I felt it was best for me to do this as much as possible and get us to a simple general base... then yes, I am down to maybe bring on some or a couple or one of you to one by one tackle some issues...

This weekend I made the most progress of all, and I am quite proud of this new theme but I get that some people prefer the simplistic stylings of the light theme which is why I am keeping it up for that purpose.

but yeah, really I am just poking fun at you is all. I appreciate all of you being here, and any sort of "complaints" or rants from me, are just part of the venting process hahaha but, I wouldn't be doing this if I weren't truly enjoying myself. I am happy to build this and get better at it and learn the coding of this forum software in and out. I am getting faster at fixing most issues, as I have learned where things are and how it is organized now. So it is a fun challenge and feels rewarding.
Like Reply
Biggest challenge is probably the security of the site.
Like Reply
(11-04-2019, 03:15 PM)embellisher Wrote:
....the poster profile and icon are way too big and disrupt any reading flow....

I have the same feedback. The author's statistic icon is way too big and disrupts the reading flow. 

Also, in the new Dark Theme, I can see the +/- icons, but they do not work. Android 9.0, Samsung browser.

One more thing, again, new Dark theme, Android 9.0, can't vote in polls. The buttons are on top of the names instead of beside them, and when I click them, nothing happens. 

[Image: Screenshot-20191104-163817-Samsung-Internet.jpg]
Like Reply
(11-04-2019, 05:39 PM)embellisher Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 03:15 PM)embellisher Wrote:

One more thing, again, new Dark theme, Android 9.0, can't vote in polls. The buttons are on top of the names instead of beside them, and when I click them, nothing happens. 

[Image: Screenshot-20191104-163817-Samsung-Internet.jpg]
True...Android 9.0 Chrome Desktop site...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(11-04-2019, 05:00 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Biggest challenge is probably the security of the site.
https://tenor.com/wi0x.gif

Unicorn Protected.
Like Reply
so the +/- buttons are gone on purpose?  Gone for good?  Liked the like feature...
Like Reply
(11-04-2019, 07:05 PM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: so the +/- buttons are gone on purpose?  Gone for good?  Liked the like feature...

Yeah, me too.
Like Reply
(11-04-2019, 07:05 PM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: so the +/- buttons are gone on purpose?  Gone for good?  Liked the like feature...

Magick said he could change the "Thank You" to a "Like" if y'all prefer. It is under every post now.
Like Reply
I'm on Android and can longer vote with the new changes as mentioned above. The changes have made the site harder to use, but I'll definitely be ok. Just wanted to mention in case there's a fix. I do like to participate in the polls.
Like Reply