Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Willie Cauley-Stein to DAL | UTA 2nd to GSW
Is it a big ask if I want him to become the center version of Deshawn Stevenson?

Just want him to have the same impact, man. Can't wait to see him gel more with the team.
Like Reply
(02-02-2020, 04:42 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Pretty excited ab WCS and his fit here at a very reasonable price tag. I have made the argument for some time that you don't need to pay a big man 40 mil to play the 5 in Rick's system. WCS is a much more balanced player that can rebound, block shots and still roll the the rim for easy baskets. I hope he pans out. I would much rather spend additional dollars on other positions and keep a guy like WCS around for that small MLE number.

But he is underpaid, same as DFS, but in general that is how you win in life. Finding market deficiencies or if powerful enough creating them.

Oh and abusing them of course.
Like Reply
(02-02-2020, 04:13 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: WCS has huge enormous upside.

(02-02-2020, 04:42 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(02-02-2020, 04:13 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: WCS has huge enormous upside.

He is basically Tyson at the same age but with weaker offensive rebounding.

HOT TAKE ALERT
Like Reply
(02-07-2020, 09:55 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: HOT TAKE ALERT

Hot takes for sure but I definitely believe WCS can provide similar abilities a la Powell. I still think he should get at least 20 mins per night.

The Mavs are a pick-n-roll heavy team and WCS is the best screen setter we have yet Carlisle uses him as the Boban replacement. 

Powell played 27 mins per game but since his demise, Carlisle has opted to go much, much smaller -- giving Jackson/Bro those lost minutes from Powell instead.
Like Reply
(02-08-2020, 01:47 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote:

Hot takes for sure but I definitely believe WCS can provide similar abilities a la Powell. I still think he should get at least 20 mins per night.

The Mavs are a pick-n-roll heavy team and WCS is the best screen setter we have yet Carlisle uses him as the Boban replacement. 

Powell played 27 mins per game but since his demise, Carlisle has opted to go much, much smaller -- giving Jackson/Bro those lost minutes from Powell instead.

WCS has all the physical tools to be come Tyson Chandler-esque. Heck he could even become better than Tyson with his athletic ability.

But Willy suffers from the Javale McGee syndrome. His BBIQ is lower than the depth of the dead sea. I fear he'll never be able to put it together. I thought he played really well in Washington when he got the chance last night, but the entire time while watching I was cringing that he'd make a catastrophic mistake that would ruin all momentum like we saw against the Grizzlies. 

I really really want WCS to work out. But I fear he's going to be stuck in the RC doghouse for eternity.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(02-08-2020, 02:51 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(02-08-2020, 01:47 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote:

Hot takes for sure but I definitely believe WCS can provide similar abilities a la Powell. I still think he should get at least 20 mins per night.

The Mavs are a pick-n-roll heavy team and WCS is the best screen setter we have yet Carlisle uses him as the Boban replacement.

WCS has all the physical tools to be come Tyson Chandler-esque. Heck he could even become better than Tyson with his athletic ability.

But Willy suffers from the Javale McGee syndrome. His BBIQ is lower than the depth of the dead sea. I fear he'll never be able to put it together. I thought he played really well in Washington when he got the chance last night, but the entire time while watching I was cringing that he'd make a catastrophic mistake that would ruin all momentum like we saw against the Grizzlies.

I really really want WCS to work out. But I fear he's going to be stuck in the RC doghouse for eternity.

That's more of an RC issue than a WCS issue, tbqh. Javlae McGee has done just fine for himself since leaving the Mavs. Noel's having a good run in OKC as well.
Like Reply
Oh shit. We got another Tyson.
Like Reply
(02-08-2020, 08:34 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: Oh shit. We got another Tyson.

I mean, basically to the same point in their respective careers Tyson and WCS are on the same arc.
Like Reply
(02-08-2020, 08:34 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: Oh shit. We got another Tyson.

I might have to egg Cuban's house if he does to WCS what he did twice to Tyson.
Like Reply
Tyson: 7' 0" with 7' 3" wingspan, 9' 2" standing reach

WCS: 7' 0" with 7' 3" wingspan, 9' 3" standing reach
Like Reply
Senator, I knew Tyson Chandler. WCS is no Tyson Chandler.
Like Reply
(02-08-2020, 11:54 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Senator, I knew Tyson Chandler.  WCS is no Tyson Chandler.

You knew him well in Chicago and New Orleans? Tongue
Like Reply
(02-09-2020, 12:07 AM)Kammrath Wrote: You knew him well in Chicago and New Orleans?

I mainly thought it was a funny line :-)

But seriosly, no way WCS can make a mean, tough guy face like TC's
Like Reply
[Image: Tyson-Chandler_reference.jpg]
[Image: wcs_kramersblog_website.jpg?w=756&h=438]
Like Reply
Well done. A little mean toughness by WCS, but TC looks mean enough to intimidate Charles Oakley in that pic.
Like Reply
(02-08-2020, 11:54 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Senator, I knew Tyson Chandler.  WCS is no Tyson Chandler.

He's Tyson without the high BBIQ. So let's say Tyson starter kit, the talent is there

And he needs to grow out his beard a bit more
Like Reply
All I want for the next few games anyway is that he changes Cow's mind.
Like Reply
(02-09-2020, 11:36 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: All I want for the next few games anyway is that he changes Cow's mind.

And hopefully changes Rick's mind 
No reason to keep him buried when KP is playing. Don't cater the rotation to the size of the other team. Use our size advantage
Like Reply
(02-09-2020, 12:54 PM)Jym Wrote: And hopefully changes Rick's mind 
Like Reply
(02-09-2020, 01:25 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(02-09-2020, 12:54 PM)Jym Wrote: And hopefully changes Rick's mind

Thing is, the Mavs are probably aware they have to keep his minutes down to avoid his value shooting up to a range the Mavs can't afford.
Like Reply