Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Willie Cauley-Stein to DAL | UTA 2nd to GSW
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1221510618173313026
Like Reply
(01-25-2020, 05:26 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote:  But 2nd round picks are useless.  Angel
To be fair, this trade had very little to do with GSW getting a second round pick.
Like Reply
Yeah, the second rounder wasn’t much of a chip. Even with a maxed-out, over-the-cap, repeater-tax-facing trade partner, you have to think there was a separate handshake deal that induced GS to gift us this player. My guess: we promised to facilitate a DLo trade.
Like Reply
Willie welcome.
I hope you'll learn to fit in the mavs system to contribute mavs with your skills.
I know it'll be hard, but mavs will try to learn you shoot a little more away from the basket you used to in addition to your skill set.
I hope you will not mind.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1221942154425225222
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
I've got a feeling WCS is going to have a smaller role here than most people are thinking. Not saying this because of tonight's game btw.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1222017436326727680
Like Reply
He'll get his shot but if he pulls some of his patented laziness, he'll quickly be in the doghouse like Noel was.
Like Reply
Encouraging!

https://theathletic.com/1577824/2020/02/...mavericks/
Like Reply
Looks a little bit lost on offense which is surprising but might take some time. He did find himself in good spots some last night for easy buckets. Defensively he is going to be a clear upgrade over Powell. He gives us shot blocking at that spot. Mavs will now have two shot blockers on the floor most of the time except when Jackson plays. Even Dodo has some shot blocking in him when he plays the 4.
Like Reply
(02-02-2020, 08:28 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: Encouraging!

Yeah he was really good yesterday on the defensive side. Besides the stuff analysed in the article it should be noted he was excellent on Young PnR. Both when he switched on Young or just as a help defender. I think this shocked Atlanta who was mainly looking to take advantage of these situations.

On the offensive end I think he could (and will) get more passes, once he and new teammates get more familiar with eachother.
Like Reply
One thing we need not miss is the absolute hustle he has on both ends of the floor. He's busting his tail on the break as well. Nice upgrade in the meantime--with size.
Like Reply
We will be so much better with WCS than with Powell. Now we have two or even three shot blockers inside. This you really need to go against the best teams, we are not soft anymore. I would even play KP, WCS and Kleber at the same time. Go for a really big lineup. Kleber is even better defender than DFS and shoots better and blocks better. Whenever I see Kleber defending the perimeter he tends to really well. He is the X factor that could move around both from the perimeter and inside and be a defensive force.

Luka
THJ
Kleber
KP
WCS

I'd run pick and roll Luka and WCS on offense. This masks WCS lack of shooting. THJ, KP, Kleber outside, all great shooters and all needing attention.

I could see Dallas explode with this lineup both on offense and defense!
Like Reply
(02-02-2020, 11:15 AM)luka_skywalker_77 Wrote: One thing we need not miss is the absolute hustle he has on both ends of the floor. He's busting his tail on the break as well. Nice upgrade in the meantime--with size.

The thing is that he will cost us the MLE this summer if he produces. We aren't likely to have cap room. This makes our trade decisions, now and this summer, all the more important. I think WCS might be the legit missing piece, if we could just add one more wing...
Like Reply
(02-02-2020, 11:19 AM)burekemde Wrote: We will be so much better with WCS than with Powell. Now we have two or even three shot blockers inside. This you really need to go against the best teams, we are not soft anymore. I would even play KP, WCS and Kleber at the same time. Go for a really big lineup. Kleber is even better defender than DFS and shoots better and blocks better. Whenever I see Kleber defending the perimeter he tends to really well. He is the X factor that could move around both from the perimeter and inside and be a defensive force.

Luka
THJ
Kleber
KP
WCS

I'd run pick and roll Luka and WCS on offense. This masks WCS lack of shooting. THJ, KP, Kleber outside, all great shooters and all needing attention.

Oh how i wish it could be so. 3 point shootouts are fun occasionally but nothing like watching a group of guys cover for each other defensively and funnel the shot attempts to where THEY want to and just shut teams down. 

On a side note, it was cool to finally see them not spend 6 seconds in the backcourt tryna beat a full court press/trap. I feel like the offense is more open without Luka controlling the ball (and I love him as much as the next guy) Just feel like we make ourselves easier to scout when the opposing team knows to just pressure and loadup on luka because the other guys are only catch and shoot players. One action I loved and wish we could see more is a P&R/ Two man game with DFS/Maxi or THJ/Maxi just to mix up the plays a bit.
RIP Kobe.... so sad man. Cry Props to a legend man even though you killed my favorite team(s) too many times to count!! 

Hurts everytime I throw somethin away yellin KOBE!! now but will eventually make me smile too Sad
Like Reply
The biggest issue I see with this lineup is that there is not enough depth when (not if) they get into foul trouble. Are you gonna live with the big 3 lineup backed up by Bobi, Jackson, and DFS? And even IF you could be, Rick probably answers NO! Crazy thing is that an 80% Dwight Powell could be the amount of depth we need to accomplish this. So NEXT YEAR... maybe!

(02-02-2020, 11:19 AM)burekemde Wrote: We will be so much better with WCS than with Powell. Now we have two or even three shot blockers inside. This you really need to go against the best teams, we are not soft anymore. I would even play KP, WCS and Kleber at the same time. Go for a really big lineup. Kleber is even better defender than DFS and shoots better and blocks better. Whenever I see Kleber defending the perimeter he tends to really well. He is the X factor that could move around both from the perimeter and inside and be a defensive force.

Luka
THJ
Kleber
KP
WCS

Like Reply
Note: for the tiny minority who don't hate DRPM, WCS, on the strength of his few Mavs games, has risen to second among centers (behind only Gobert).
Like Reply
WCS has huge enormous upside.
Like Reply
(02-02-2020, 04:13 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: WCS has huge enormous upside.

He is basically Tyson at the same age but with weaker offensive rebounding.
Like Reply
Pretty excited ab WCS and his fit here at a very reasonable price tag. I have made the argument for some time that you don't need to pay a big man 40 mil to play the 5 in Rick's system. WCS is a much more balanced player that can rebound, block shots and still roll the the rim for easy baskets. I hope he pans out. I would much rather spend additional dollars on other positions and keep a guy like WCS around for that small MLE number.
Like Reply