Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 120, Blazers 112
(01-20-2020, 09:00 PM)Dahlsim Wrote: On my man Boban being too gentle, sure he's slow but if you watch closely he's actually not so slow that he cannot close out and get to many of the drives at the rim. 
Sometimes he's right there to make the play at the rim or could easily get there especially with his massive wingspan and stride.  
He just doesn't seem to have those instincts and I'm not sure it is something he could be coached up on.  
I'd sure like to see the Mavs try though, because when he's in the game he does disrupt the general beat-up-rough-up-Dallas strategies used against Luka and company
I didn't mean to suggest that Bobi is paralyzed, lol. 

I haven't done any research to see if there is proof for or against this, but it seems to me from watching that Boban is most vulnerable to speedy, agile players who can blow by/work around him. As opposed to players who try to outmuscle him under the basket, which is a tall task. 

If he can improve internally, great! It's hard to tell how much investment the team wants to make in developing him, since he is already 31, and was probably just brought here to fill in a gap. But I enjoy watching him play, and hope that Rick will try to get the best out of him, insofar as that is consistent with the overall development plan.
Like Reply