Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 8.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
66.67%
6 66.67%
Warriors
33.33%
3 33.33%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 40: DAL (25-15) @ GSW (9-33) | 124-97 win
(01-14-2020, 10:49 PM)Jym Wrote: Hate it took Rick so long to start to these 5.
Really cost us a couple games
Start these 5, finish with these 5 or these 4 minus powell/thj depending on who's having a bad game.
Like Reply
Why can't the Mavs shoot like this against the Flakers?  I still say it's because they get intimidated and get the yips.
Like Reply
STOP SHOOTING 3s POWELL. ITS A DUMB POSSESSION EVEN WHEN YOU MAKE IT (the 30% chance smh)
Like Reply
(01-14-2020, 10:52 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote:

I think he knew that the Kleber/Powell duo works best but both cannot play 48 minutes and the Mavs lack bigman depth. He mentioned in an interview this week. He thinks of Kleber as a starter in terms of minutes and role.

Play Boban for 20 minutes and see what happens
I haven't seen Boban play and fail. At worst he tends to be neutral.
Like Reply
(01-14-2020, 10:52 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote:

I think he knew that the Kleber/Powell duo works best but both cannot play 48 minutes and the Mavs lack bigman depth. He mentioned in an interview this week. He thinks of Kleber as a starter in terms of minutes and role.
well it doesnt coincide with games where he plays 15 mins or less both when KP was playing and was injured. He's a better defender/rebounder which should matter first off, then he has more to contribute offensively too
Like Reply
Dumb foul by Jackson there.  No need to push the dude.

Seth is just killer on that runner.

Boban, the Serbian Nightmare!
Like Reply
Really hope that Luka can break out of his shooting slump on this road trip. Right now I don´t trust him to make an uncontested layup.
Like Reply
Dray thinks he didn't foul Powell, lol.

Come on, put Boban back in.  I can't take this getting scored on at the rim so much.

Where is everybody?  I can't carry this thread by myself! Smile
Like Reply
(01-14-2020, 11:24 PM)mtrot Wrote: Dray thinks he didn't foul Powell, lol.

Come on, put Boban back in.  I can't take this getting scored on at the rim so much.

Where is everybody?  I can't carry this thread by myself! Smile

Game is really boring so I started to do some work while I am watching. Warriors are really bad. Hard to judge if the Mavs improved or the Warriors just suck.

Mavs are trying a less Luka centric offense today. 18 assists. 2 for Luka. 6 other player with 2+ assists.

I am getting a little bit concerned about Lukas scoring efficiency. Really hope that he can bounce back but the recent struggles from the FT-line remind me of last season.
Like Reply
Powell sucks
Like Reply
(01-15-2020, 12:06 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I am getting a little bit concerned about Lukas scoring efficiency. Really hope that he can bounce back but the recent struggles from the FT-line remind me of last season.

Two things:

1) I think he is getting a little "soft" looking, i.e. I suspect he is putting on a little bad weight.

2) I think he is in a mental/emotional funk. Is part of it struggling to be quite as sharply engaged when being asked to be off ball more? Is part of it the wear and tear of the refs letting him get beat up?
Like Reply
Smile-ee-geech....I'm going to be sick of this name by the time the announcers get used to this.  They have Luka scared of this cat now.  

[Image: giphy.gif]

If we let them come back and win this game....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
We stopped playing. That's no good
Like Reply
(01-15-2020, 12:16 AM)fifteenth Wrote: We stopped playing. That's no good

Well.....we will see if the Mavs have turned the corner from their recent 4th quarter collapses.....
Like Reply
If you think the game is over and stop playing D, you're offense will go away as well
Like Reply
(01-15-2020, 12:12 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Powell sucks
Well, he certainly doesn't against GS.  I'll reserve judgement until next time he goes up against the Lakers or Bucks.  Also, this more diversified offensive scheme is helping.

It's obvious to me, from the last two games, that Luka has been told to look more to make plays for other teammates.  I'm not concerned about his game at this moment.  I think teams were becoming able to focus so much on Luka that it was hurting our offensive efficiency.

(01-15-2020, 12:17 AM)Kammrath Wrote:
(01-15-2020, 12:16 AM)fifteenth Wrote: We stopped playing. That's no good

Well.....we will see if the Mavs have turned the corner from their recent 4th quarter collapses.....
I think the Mavs just answered that question!
Like Reply
(01-15-2020, 12:25 AM)mtrot Wrote: Well, he certainly doesn't against GS.  I'll reserve judgement until next time he goes up against the Lakers or Bucks.  Also, this more diversified offensive scheme is helping.

I need to do a bit of research tomorrow. I think he's shooting like 80% over the last 10 games

(01-15-2020, 12:25 AM)mtrot Wrote: I think the Mavs just answered that question!

Yeah, Boban, Wright and Curry decided to be kind and put GS out if their misery
Like Reply
Lol, the refs have no love for Courtney Lee, despite clearly being fouled.
Like Reply
LOL JJB
Like Reply
So a lot of you finally got what you wanted. Luka isn't scoring as often but they're winning.
Like Reply