Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 68: Denver Nuggets (47-20) vs. Dallas Mavericks (38-29)
Ugly offense but they are playing super hard. Rewarding themself with second chance points.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
DJJ and Washington laying bricks, and Exum won't even shoot. This is probably the biggest problem with the team right now, I think.

That's two "playoff open" threes Exum passed up in 3 possessions.
Like Reply
(03-17-2024, 04:13 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: It's ugly right now, but I think it's the right call. If they can't get him going this is all academic, anyway. Given the rotation Kidd seems to want to employ, Washington simply must make himself a shooting threat.

Yeah, and I promise I have seem him shoot in Charlotte. Well! Like, deadly, lethally well. 

I don't think there's any remedy but to keep getting him looks and hope he gets right, because to your point, he has been the ultimate defender/glue guy since coming here.

I have faith he’ll get it figured out. The worst thing he can do is start passing up wide open 3’s. Just limit the contested ones and find his rhythm again. The stroke looks fine to me, no reason he can’t shoot around league average. Slumps happen.
[-] The following 2 users Like Smitty's post:
  • KillerLeft, MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
(03-17-2024, 04:18 PM)Smitty Wrote: I have faith he’ll get it figured out. The worst thing he can do is start passing up wide open 3’s. Just limit the contested ones and find his rhythm again. The stroke looks fine to me, no reason he can’t shoot around league average. Slumps happen.

Totally agree.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
Exum has no lift. Hope it’s just conditioning and not some chronic thing he’s dealing with. M
Like Reply
Can’t sit Luka down here. He has to finish this game
Like Reply
Lots of frustrating things, but I'm actually seeing signs of defensive improvement. Lots of smart switches happening off ball.

Kyrie is having a great game!
Like Reply
Mavs may not win this but I remember a time when the Mavs shoot under 40% from 3 and they lose. I prefer this Mavs team.
[-] The following 3 users Like Smitty's post:
  • KillerLeft, Scott41theMavs, soog
Like Reply
(03-17-2024, 04:23 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Lots of frustrating things, but I'm actually seeing signs of defensive improvement. Lots of smart switches happening off ball.

They took another thing out of the Lakers playbook. Having a big forward as the on ball defender vs Jokic. With the center in position to shadow the play. Playing off the worst shooter.
Like Reply
Lively is having his best game of the season. Really need these role players to knock down some threes
Like Reply
(03-17-2024, 03:30 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Just looked it up. Post allstar break (post trades) the Mavs rank 29t in catch and shoot 3PA. 24th in catch and shoot 3-point percentage.

Stat meet Eyetest, Eyetest meet Stat.

Big Grin 

If we could shoot at all, we might do some damage in the post-season.
Like Reply
Luka-Kyrie 6-16 from 3. Rest of the team 0 for 11
[-] The following 1 user Likes rocky164's post:
  • Lukedoncic
Like Reply
(03-17-2024, 04:23 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Lots of frustrating things, but I'm actually seeing signs of defensive improvement. Lots of smart switches happening off ball.

Kyrie is having a great game!

This team just needs some time together on the court. I think they have the right pieces now. And agree on Kai.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smitty's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Kyrie and Luka combined 6/16 from 3. Rest of the team 0/11.
Like Reply
Dominating on the boards, neither team is doing much from three. Mavs know they can get easier two point shots...this should be a blowout in the 4th quarter
Like Reply
Grit&Grind Mavs wasn't on my bingo card for the season...
[-] The following 3 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft, MarkAguirreWrathofGod, MFFL
Like Reply
19 offensive rebounds. Who are these Mavs?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smitty's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(03-17-2024, 04:32 PM)Smitty Wrote: 19 offensive rebounds. Who are these Mavs?

Dal leading rebound contest 51-31
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
(03-17-2024, 02:52 PM)OBX Maverick Wrote: Nice to finally have some interior resistance against the Nugs.

I’ll respond to my own post!  Win or lose this game….We got some inside play!!  HELL EFFIN YEAH!!!!!
“BE CURIOUS, NOT JUDGMENTAL…”
Like Reply
(03-17-2024, 04:24 PM)Smitty Wrote: Mavs may not win this but I remember a time when the Mavs shoot under 40% from 3 and they lose. I prefer this Mavs team.

It's a good point. 

I just wish they could find a way to have it both ways at a reasonable level.

Maybe DJJ attacking off the dribble SHOULD be one of my favorite weapons in their arsenal.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply