Poll: Who will win the game? (Bucks 11.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
40.00%
4 40.00%
Bucks
60.00%
6 60.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 26: DAL (18-8) @ MIL (24-4) | 120-116 win
I am out of words, Guys. This team is special and the core is young and will get better. Please, MBT; no trades.
Like Reply
(12-17-2019, 12:36 AM)iolide Wrote: Please, MBT; no trades.

Not even a Courtney Lee for a veteran defender, like lets say an Andre Igoudala type?

That's about as risk free a move they could make.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(12-17-2019, 12:45 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Not even a Courtney Lee for a veteran defender, like lets say an Andre Igoudala type?

That's about as risk free a move they could make.
 Yeah for sure. I don't want them trading away a core piece though. This team is clicking. I'm honestly just worried about the chemistry i guess.
Like Reply
Weird as it sounds it might have actually worked in our favor to have Luka out for this one. When a team is on a long winning streak they become an easier target for a team that will out effort them, they may not have taken us as seriously with Luka out and ultimately never recovered from that 1st quarter punch we threw

Next game may be rough but this was big for helping us hold on while Luka is out

Good to see Seth Curry getting going recently too. This time with Luka out will also be a good chance to experiment with KP
Like Reply
(12-16-2019, 11:10 PM)mtrot Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 10:58 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 10:49 PM)mtrot Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 10:45 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 10:43 PM)mtrot Wrote: Rick tried to piss the game away down the stretch with this strategy of letting Giannis go full court in 4 seconds for uncontested dunks, but the Mavs eked out the win anyway.

When you crap out diarrhea like this, you lose all right to request crow-eating and apologies from me, thank you very much. I'll eat crow in general, but not for you, buck-o.
I knew you'd say that.  But what about my point?  Can you explain to me the strategy of not fouling Giannis out on the floor and force him to make free throws rather than a four second full court dunk?  Serious question.  I don't get it. I would have fouled him every time down the stretch, as he's a 57% free throw shooter.  If you let him run the court, it's a 100% chance he get two points.

True, true, true. But your comment - not to mention several from other posters which were a lot more incendiary - ring pretty whacky after what happened the rest of the game.

It strikes me that when your generational player can't play, your other past All-Star is recovering from a long-term injury, and the entire rest of your roster consists of players who would not start for any other contender or pretender in the NBA, and you come close to (a and of course ultimately pull off) ending the 18-game winning streak of one of the league's 2 best teams, that might have a little bit to do with your coach. As in, in literal terms, nearly everything to do with your coach.
I feel like you don't give our guys enough credit, and possibly give Luka too much credit.  I think Seth, Wright, THJ, and Maxi could start for another team.  Also, I love Luka, but I also think the Mavs often become too Luka-centric, and that he sometimes scores a lot, but at the same time makes it easier to beat us.  Case in point, Giannis scores 48 tonight, but still loses.  This is a team sport.
You just don't understand the concept of spacing and how that opens the game for everyone on offense. Luka has gravity, which means other players have a lot more space to operate and find open looks. Dallas hit a LOT of heavily contested shots today. If you think that's indicative in any way of something sustainable, I have some fool's gold to sell you.

The Mavs issue has nothing to do with having a historic offense WITH Luka, it has to do with being better than league average defensively. Which is an area Luka needs to clean up. There is nothing wrong with the Luka led offense though, and convincing yourself the Mavs can sustain the shooting percentages they did today moving forward given the lack of space guys had because the Bucks didn't have to pay extra attention to Luka is not really understanding what's happening.

The number of times our offense completely stagnated to right to the end of the shot clock, because no one could create their own offensive look, only for a ridiculously tough shot to go in is not something you want for a team that wants to contend consistently against the best teams. We will lose this type of game way way more often than we win.

(12-17-2019, 12:36 AM)iolide Wrote: I am out of words, Guys. This team is special and the core is young and will get better. Please, MBT; no trades.

I agree when it comes to the typical non shooting big men linked with us. A genuine, high level 3&D wing becomes available that is clearly better than what we have though, and you have to seriously consider it.
Like Reply
(12-16-2019, 11:25 PM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: If anyone is qiestioning what the point is of bringing in Iggy, watch Justin Jackson clank two critical freethrows and look like a deer in headlights on defense with the game on the line  against a legit contender on the road and tell me youre ready to roll with that in the playoffs.

This is my only criticism of RC last night. 

Why in the hell do you have JJ out there closing the game on the road against the best team in the league? It's obvious he's not mentally ready for that situation, with the way he looked on D and those missed FTs.
Like Reply
I think I'm coming back around to trading THJ and hear me out first. A few weeks ago, I decided I didn't want us to move him because how much better he was playing in the starting lineup. His inconsistency will kill us in a playoff series. His last 4 games, he's scored 29, then 2, 28 and then 6. He shot absolutely lights out on his 2 good games and was absolutely atrocious the other 2.

The positives with THJ are he plays hard and he plays good defense. He's a good teammate. When he's hot, he's one of the best shooters in the league. When he's cold, he's the worst shooter in the league. I will say as a starter, he plays more within himself and doesn't try to overdo it as much as when he's a reserve.

All that being said, I'm not saying to trade THJ just for the sake of trading him like all of us were hoping early this season. If we have a opportunity to upgrade him, that's a move we should look at. Overall THJ has been way better than I ever expected and I don't think he'll cost us many games in the regular season, but I think he could really hurt us in the playoffs unless he finds a way to be more consistent. He needs to be able to follow up scoring in the high 20's with scoring in the teens, not scoring 2 or 6 on godawful shooting.
Like Reply
(12-17-2019, 10:12 AM)BigDirk41 Wrote: I think I'm coming back around to trading THJ and hear me out first. A few weeks ago, I decided I didn't want us to move him because how much better he was playing in the starting lineup. His inconsistency will kill us in a playoff series. His last 4 games, he's scored 29, then 2, 28 and then 6. He shot absolutely lights out on his 2 good games and was absolutely atrocious the other 2.

The positives with THJ are he plays hard and he plays good defense. He's a good teammate. When he's hot, he's one of the best shooters in the league. When he's cold, he's the worst shooter in the league. I will say as a starter, he plays more within himself and doesn't try to overdo it as much as when he's a reserve.

All that being said, I'm not saying to trade THJ just for the sake of trading him like all of us were hoping early this season. If we have a opportunity to upgrade him, that's a move we should look at. Overall THJ has been way better than I ever expected and I don't think he'll cost us many games in the regular season, but I think he could really hurt us in the playoffs unless he finds a way to be more consistent. He needs to be able to follow up scoring in the high 20's with scoring in the teens, not scoring 2 or 6 on godawful shooting.

Nothing against THJ as a person and teammate, but I have been on board with trading him from the beginning, and nothing ever changed no matter how hot he got. 

Trade THJ and Lee and some 2nds and get us Iggy and Adams... 

Lee plus 2nd for Iggy. 

THJ and Ryan for Adams... I don't see why the Thunder would say no to that... but if you have to add a few seconds attached. At worst add the 2025 First... why not? 

Suddenly we add two Defensive players to our lineup and keep all our young guys. Which leaves us extremely open for moves at the draft too. We could package our First, more seconds, and a furture first, along with some combination of young guys for another Star... 

Iggy/Adams! That is what this team needs
Like Reply
(12-17-2019, 10:18 AM)Magickian Wrote:
(12-17-2019, 10:12 AM)BigDirk41 Wrote: I think I'm coming back around to trading THJ and hear me out first. A few weeks ago, I decided I didn't want us to move him because how much better he was playing in the starting lineup. His inconsistency will kill us in a playoff series. His last 4 games, he's scored 29, then 2, 28 and then 6. He shot absolutely lights out on his 2 good games and was absolutely atrocious the other 2.

Nothing against THJ as a person and teammate, but I have been on board with trading him from the beginning, and nothing ever changed no matter how hot he got. 

Trade THJ and Lee and some 2nds and get us Iggy and Adams... 

Lee plus 2nd for Iggy. 

THJ and Ryan for Adams... I don't see why the Thunder would say no to that... but if you have to add a few seconds attached. At worst add the 2025 First... why not? 

Suddenly we add two Defensive players to our lineup and keep all our young guys. Which leaves us extremely open for moves at the draft too. We could package our First, more seconds, and a furture first, along with some combination of young guys for another Star... 

Iggy/Adams! That is what this team needs

I still don't understand this fascination with adding Adams. How does he make this team better?
Like Reply
(12-18-2019, 11:24 AM)Sigma4Life Wrote: I still don't understand this fascination with adding Adams. How does he make this team better?

I don't understand why people here think OKC would trade their fan favorite for THJ and a second rounder. THJ has absolutely ZERO value for them. They will trade him ONLY if they receive a good offer. If not, they will HAPPILY keep him.
Like Reply
(12-18-2019, 12:56 PM)omahen Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 11:24 AM)Sigma4Life Wrote: I still don't understand this fascination with adding Adams. How does he make this team better?

I don't understand why people here think OKC would trade their fan favorite for THJ and a second rounder. THJ has absolutely ZERO value for them. They will trade him ONLY if they receive a good offer. If not, they will HAPPILY keep him.
I don't understand how NYK gave us KP. 

If OKC already blow up by finding a taker for CP3 and a trade for Gallo, I can see them trade him too ( if I close my eyes and whish very hard).

But I think Lee + JJax + Ryan + GSW 2nd + more Seconds for him + Roberson in TPE + MinSalary in TPE is more realistic.
Like Reply