Poll: Who will win the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Dante Exum, 26 pts, 7/9 3pt, +7
64.86%
24 64.86%
THJ, 32 pts, 5/10 3pt, 3 charges!
29.73%
11 29.73%
Grant Williams, 19 pts, 5/7 3pt, +7
0%
0 0%
Luka Doncic, 33 pts, 17 ast!!!, 6 rbd, +10
5.41%
2 5.41%
Derrick Lively, 8, 8, 3 blks, +8
0%
0 0%
Total 37 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 23 Dirkie: EX GON GIVE IT TO YA!
(12-13-2023, 07:58 AM)meistermatze Wrote: Has to go to Exum - he made the big thress down the stretch. Of course, Luka was the best player but if we went by this, it would be 82 Dirkies for him. Hardaways was amazing as well in his best Kyrie impression.

MM, great to see you here again!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(12-13-2023, 12:20 AM)The Jom Wrote: Hate to say it, but was anybody LESS effective than Seth Curry? D’Angelo Russell maybe. But no one else. He’d be sooooo good for the Bucks. Or maybe the Sixers want him back?

Hardy was less effective. If the Lakers had won he could have been nominated for the Lakers Magic-y
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
I love all the posts above. Great discussion!

I could easily vote for THJ, Exum, or D Live. I'd put THJ and Exum as the top two of the three, but it's almost impossible for me to pick between the two.

However, my Dirkie goes to Luka.

I know Luka has to basically be historic to get a Dirkie. And I agree with that approach. But this game, at its core, was a Lebron vs Luka chess match. Checkmate, King.
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 4 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • ItsGoTime, KillerLeft, Reunion Mav, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
I’m re-thinking my vote for Exum. What Luka did playing 43 minutes on the second night of a back to back after playing 44 minutes in a very physical game the night before with the team decimated by injuries. What an incredibly gutty performance. He looked exhausted. He literally created almost everything for everybody when he was in the game. And his wife just had a baby a week or so ago. It’s stuff like this recent stretch that reminds me that he is built different and has the ability to will his team to wins in a way only the all-time greats can. What a pleasure and an honor it is to get to witness such greatness on a nearly nightly basis. I’m on like 4 hours of sleep and working all day because  of staying up to watch the game on delay and don’t regret it one bit.
[-] The following 3 users Like MarkAguirreWrathofGod's post:
  • fifteenth, rocky164, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply